All Catholic shirts are on sale for $10 until they are gone!
- Pope on Ash Wednesday: Feeling suffocated by sin? Let God save youROME — At Ash Wednesday Mass, Pope Francis spoke about the bad habits, negativity, and sin present in our lives which cause us to be choked off from the life-giving breath of God – supernatural grace. “The breath of God’s ...40 mins ago
- Pontiff on Ash Wednesday: In God’s breath, our dust becomes a dust of loveROME — On Ash Wednesday, as the Church enters into the solemn liturgical season of Lent, Pope Francis celebrated Holy Mass and the Rite of the blessing and imposition of ashes at the Dominican Basilica of Santa Sabina on Rome’s ...1 hour ago
- Lent is time to relive exodus from slavery to freedom, pope saysROME — Like the people of Israel freed from the bondage of slavery, Christians are called to experience the path toward hope and new life during the Lenten season, Pope Francis said. Through his passion, death and resurrection, Jesus “has ...1 hour ago
- Pope Francis: Lent Is a Time of Penance — and HopeBy Hannah Brockhaus/CNA/EWTN News | VATICAN CITY — On Ash Wednesday, Pope Francis said that while Lent is certainly a time of mortification, it’s also a journey of hope that leads to the ...2 hours ago
- Lent is more than a time of penance, says PopeLike the people of Israel freed from the bondage of slavery, Christians are called to experience the path toward hope and new life during the Lenten season, Pope Francis said. Through his passion, death and resurrection, Jesus “has opened up ...3 hours ago
- Historic win against abortion decriminalization in QueenslandTwo bills that would have provided more protections for abortion were taken down in Australia. ...4 hours ago
- Abuse survivor resigns from Pope’s panel over Vatican resistanceOne of the founding members and the last remaining abuse survivor on the Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors has quit over what she described as resistance coming from Vatican offices against implementing recommendations. Marie Collins, who joined the ...4 hours ago
- Masada: the Judaean fortress that became a Byzantine monasteryAlmost everything we know about the fortress of Masada we owe to the first century Jewish-Roman historian Josephus. High atop an isolated rock plateau, overlooking the Dead Sea, the fortress was –according to Josephus’ writings- first built by the second ...5 hours ago
- Pope Francis: ‘we do not go to heaven in a carriage’(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis marked Ash Wednesday inviting the faithful to renew their hope in Christ’s promises and their commitment to follow Him ever more closely. He was addressing the crowds gathered in St. Peter’s Square for the weekly General ...6 hours ago
- Why survivor’s exit from papal panel may be a blessing in disguiseIn terms of the optics of the situation, there’s just no way in which the departure of Marie Collins, the only abuse survivor who was also an active member of the Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors, looks good ...7 hours ago
- General Audience: English Summary(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis marked Ash Wednesday inviting the faithful to renew their hope in Christ’s promises and their commitment to follow Him ever more closely. He was addressing the crowds gathered in St. Peter’s Square for the weekly General ...8 hours ago
- [VIDEO] Why Lent? Bishop Barron ExplainsToday is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of the liturgical season of Lent. For so many of us, it means ashes today, sacrifice for weeks, and then a big celebration at the end of it all. But why? What does ...12 hours ago
The views expressed in the above articles do not necessarily represent the views of phatmass. This feed was automagically generated from multiple Catholic news sources.