An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Pope John Paul Ii Be Canonized?

Saint_Gemma_Galgani

The canonization of Pope John Paul II  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CatherineM

I'm pretty sure he will be canonized. Whether he should or not, I'm just glad that I'm not the one making those decisions.

I think he will eventually be canonized. However, the process should be the same for him as it is for others. I don't doubt that the requisite miracles due to him intervention will come.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Saint_Gemma_Galgani' post='1553196' date='Jun 1 2008, 06:02 PM']Should Pope John Paul II be canonized?[/quote]

no

goldenchild17

[quote name='kujo' post='1553680' date='Jun 1 2008, 09:15 PM']Who voted know and didn't have the stones to explain why? :unsure:[/quote]

me. because the OP didn't ask why. just asked yes or no. And I already got out all the rebellion I can muster in the lame board thread. I don't have the "stones" to have a mod yell at me, which is what explaining my answer would result in :mellow:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1553960' date='Jun 2 2008, 04:43 AM']I think he will eventually be canonized. However, the process should be the same for him as it is for others. I don't doubt that the requisite miracles due to him intervention will come.[/quote]
:yes:

JP the Great is already holy, its just a question of the Church on earth to go through its procedures and declare it to be so.

To that I have no a glimpse of doubt.

Forever my papa!

cathoholic_anonymous

I expect that he will be canonised. I can't say whether he ought or not to be, as I'm not a part of the proceedings. Such a decision takes a long time to reach and is always made carefully.

We should bear in mind that not all saints are canonised - the canonisations represent the comparatively small number of saints who are known by name to the Church. Still others have lived and died in total obscurity. The canonisation does not 'make' the saint. The Church doesn't create saints. She can't. God creates saints.

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1554090' date='Jun 2 2008, 07:14 AM']I expect that he will be canonised. I can't say whether he ought or not to be, as I'm not a part of the proceedings. Such a decision takes a long time to reach and is always made carefully.

We should bear in mind that not all saints are canonised - the canonisations represent the comparatively small number of saints who are known by name to the Church. Still others have lived and died in total obscurity. The canonisation does not 'make' the saint. The Church doesn't create saints. She can't. God creates saints.[/quote]

i agree. The Church does not make the Saint when she declares someone to be a saint, She simply coonfirms holiness given by God.

LouisvilleFan

I voted "No" because we don't have three miracles scientifically verified and documented to come by his intercession. :)

Edited by LouisvilleFan