An Old School Catholic Message Board

What You Want Or What God Wants?

morostheos

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Nov 18 2005, 04:33 PM']
Poor guy?  I think you are ready, lets hope God would be preparing him?  :shock:

SHALOM
[right][snapback]794632[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think He is. That is what the "waiting" is all about.

One of the I guess you could call "benefits" of being my age is that I KNOW WHO I AM. And inherent with that is I know what I want and have to offer out of a relationship. AND I AM NOT SHY ABOUT STATING IT. :P:
Being my age is :cool: !

And this in a way is similar to religious communities and their standards. They know the type of people they are looking for, so do I.
And neither one of us "will settle."
:) Ya either gonna' fit or ya ain't.

There is a place for everyone, we just have to be willing to be obedient to God and let Him lead us. The bottom line is we are not going to be happy any other way. And I have found that we can "lie" for a little while but then the people around us will start telling us the truth. This again goes for ANY life.

My first criteria and non-negotiable need from this guy is that he can keep me "hot and sweaty." (I have mentioned this in other threads)
He needs to be so consumed "running" after Jesus that in order to keep up with him I'll be "running" too. If I "ain't second to Jesus" with this guy then I won't "be" at all. And he is going to be told that he is my "second husband" Jesus is my first.

I think what God is doing right now is preparing both of us. So while Yes I am "frustrated" having to "wait" I'm not really. It feels like Christmas. Only this gift is better because it truly is the "perfect" gift in that it is given to me by my "DAD" who knows what I need "perfectly."

I just hope this guy can blow a bubble. :cool:

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Nov 19 2005, 09:02 AM']I think He is. That is what the "waiting" is all about. 

One of the I guess you could call "benefits" of being my age is that I KNOW WHO I AM. And inherent with that is I know what I want and have to offer out of a relationship. AND I AM NOT SHY ABOUT STATING IT. :P:
Being my age is  :cool:  !

And this in a way is similar to religious communities and their standards.  They know the type of people they are looking for, so do I.
And neither one of us "will settle." 
:) Ya either gonna' fit or ya ain't.

There is a place for everyone, we just  have to be willing to be obedient to God and let Him lead us. The bottom line is we are not going to be happy any other way. And I have found that we can "lie" for a little while but then the people around us will start telling us the truth. This again goes for ANY life.

My first criteria and non-negotiable need from this guy is that he can keep me "hot and sweaty."  (I have mentioned this in other threads)
He needs to be so consumed "running" after Jesus that in order to keep up with him I'll be "running" too.  If I "ain't second to Jesus" with this guy then I won't "be" at all.  And he is going to be told that he is my "second husband" Jesus is my first. 

I think what God is doing right now is preparing both of us.  So while Yes I am "frustrated" having to "wait"  I'm not really.  It feels like Christmas. Only this gift is better because it truly is the "perfect" gift in that it is given to me by my "DAD" who knows what I need "perfectly."

I just hope this guy can blow a bubble.  :cool:
[right][snapback]795035[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

"There is a place for everyone, we just have to be willing to be obedient to God and let Him lead us. The bottom line is we are not going to be happy any other way."

How true! I've been thinking about this topic too. There's really a difference b/t the vocations that you admire and can understand and what your actual vocation is, what God wants for you. For example, you can admire the austerity of the Carmelites but know that God wants you to be a Dominican! When I say there's a difference b/t admiring other vocations and discovering your actual vocation, I don't mean that you shouldn't admire your own vocation (of course you should!) But, that admiration should lead you deeper into why God has called you into this particular vocation. And the admiration of other vocations besides your own should lead you deeper into the goodness of God, how He truly has a place for everyone and in that unique place one finds profound joy.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='morostheos' date='Apr 6 2004, 03:42 PM']I really want to be married.  But is it really about what I want or what God wants?  Do people called to the religious life not feel the urge to be in a relationship with someone else (on earth ;) ) the rest of their life?  Or does the feeling that I should be in a relationship only point to the need for more spiritual growth? 

If you are married or religious, what are your thoughts on these things??
[right][snapback]156528[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Now...:think: where have I heard that sentence before? Oh yes! Nevermind.

I know what you mean, I mean I wanted to be a rockstar, created my own band and songs (which I did sort of), I wanted to be a ton of things that were actually possible, but apparently they got X-ed out. And now instead of HP Songs and music, I'm making Dominican/Christian music and songs. But its really about what God wants, and for me I know what God wants, after all these years.........but for me being called to the religious life, I dont feel an urge to have someone else in my life (like a b/f) other then my family, friends, neices/nephew, spiritual friends and directors, and above all God/Christ. ^_^

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Nov 19 2005, 08:02 AM']
I just hope this guy can blow a bubble.  :cool:
[right][snapback]795035[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My EDIT wasn't working :idontknow: , the above was supposed to be,
"I hope he knows his way around a bubble." :cool: