An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your All-time Fav. Book

little_angel202

one of my favorite books of all time, when i was younger, was "The Giver" by Lois Lowery! That book totally blew my mind when i read it, at the time i almost believed it was like a prophecy about the future. If anything it definately makes you think. "A wrinkle in time" by Madeline L'Engle was also really good, and so is just about anything she writes. Actually, i have a book that she wrote for an older audience that i still have to read. I also loved Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer. Another good one, although i wouldn't read it unless if you were mature in your faith/morals, is " Snow Falling On Cedars". I also recently read " The Water is Wide" by Pat Conroy, and i was suprised by howmuch i saw myself in Conroy, especially when i'm considering majoring in eduaction. Of course Scott Hahns "Rome Sweet Home" was great too!

(sigh) It's such a shame, i used to love to read all the time, but now it seems like i never have the time anymore :sadder:

Edited by hopeful1

JMJ
4/10 - Holy Saturday

I really liked [i]Animal Farm[/i] in high school, but I think my favorite book now is either [i]Orthodoxy[/i] by G.K. Chesterton or [i]Treasure in Clay[/i], the autobiography of Fulton Sheen.

[quote name='hopeful1' date='Apr 10 2004, 12:31 PM'] one of my favorite books of all time, when i was younger, was "The Giver" by Lois Lowery! [/quote]
That used to be one of my favorite books- My brother read it in high school so I read it after he was done. It was when I was in middle school...then I had to read it in high school.

crusader1234

Books books books I agree with most of you but heres my list. PLEASE COMMENT. I like comments good or bad or telling me im a heretic i just like knowing what peoples opinions are. Kind of like the weird way peopela re compelled to watch "10 greatest songs of all time" even though its totally subjective.

1) KING BIDGOODS IN THE BATHTUB: just becuase it was my favourite book when i was little and its so good
2) NARNIA: The voyage of the dawn treader: everyone loves an adventure
3) HARRY POTTER: I'm with you on Azkaban
4) THE DAVINCI CODE: really good. great FICTION. some facts too though. its a great book
5) PERFUME: really interesting concept. nb: kurt cobains favourite book according to my friend matt

note: the rest of Narnia and Harry potter go here too especially: the horse and his boy, and the lion the witch and the wardobe (soon to be a movie), then from HP, id say book 4 is really good but the first chapter is like the evil child of the book that spawned book 5.... but the evil inside these books is still amazing so who can complain