An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Question...out Of Curiosity

organwerke

brightsadness

[quote name='organwerke' date='22 November 2009 - 03:15 AM' timestamp='1258884944' post='2007234']
Thank you all very much for all your answers!
And, my best wishes bright. for your retreat! Are you a harpist? I have a friend who is harpist and became a benedectine father!

Thank you for your good wishes. I do play the harp. While I was in school, I played in a rennaisance consort but the real world of work does not allow for it.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

Thank you very much philosorbat for your answer, it's a joy reading you (I read you also in the thread "New postulants"), and to find a young woman so happy in religious life.
My best friend lives in Turin and when I visited her last time she showed me the church where there is the body of saint don Bosco, and I visited also the various places of his first foundation! I will return in Turin next may because there is the public exposure of the Sacred Sheet and she invited me.
I have also many friends who studied with the salesians, and in my parish there is a group of lay salesians who take care of young boys and girls every saturday afternoon!
Anyway, I would also ask if in religious orders candidacy could be done while working or if you have to stay in the convent all the day.
Thank you and best wishes for your novitiate!

Bright...interesting thing that of renaissance consort but I know what you mean about the real world of work!

philosophette

[quote name='organwerke' date='23 November 2009 - 04:40 AM' timestamp='1258965658' post='2007840']
Thank you very much philosorbat for your answer, it's a joy reading you (I read you also in the thread "New postulants"), and to find a young woman so happy in religious life.
My best friend lives in Turin and when I visited her last time she showed me the church where there is the body of saint don Bosco, and I visited also the various places of his first foundation! I will return in Turin next may because there is the public exposure of the Sacred Sheet and she invited me.
I have also many friends who studied with the salesians, and in my parish there is a group of lay salesians who take care of young boys and girls every saturday afternoon!
Anyway, I would also ask if in religious orders candidacy could be done while working or if you have to stay in the convent all the day.
Thank you and best wishes for your novitiate!

Bright...interesting thing that of renaissance consort but I know what you mean about the real world of work!
[/quote]

That is awesome that you know so many Salesians! :)

Regarding our candidacy, it involves working in the apostolate (with young people). Our candidates currently do after school tutoring with inner city children and work during the day at our middle school/high school. They have in house classes in Italian and Salesianity, theology and such... and also have time for reflection and prayer. I hope that helps!

Thank you!

Yes, you know in Italy Salesian family is widespread, even if I didn't know their charism very well. You helped me to understand it. Thank you for this, and my best wishes for you!