An Old School Catholic Message Board

Under The Islamic Veil: Faces Disfigured By Acid

HisChildForever

KnightofChrist

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='27 November 2009 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1259369819' post='2010427']
Islam is anti-woman.
[/quote]

'This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind.' - Bukhari:V3B48N826

HisChildForever

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='27 November 2009 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1259369937' post='2010428']
'This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind.' - Bukhari:V3B48N826
[/quote]

Infuriating.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='27 November 2009 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1259369658' post='2010426']
You can try but according to Islam your testimony is only half the worth of mine. And you are like a "domestic animal" too "stupid", and you would be ungrateful to me a man which could beaver dam you to hell.
[/quote]

According to Orthodox Judaism, I should not be studying religion at all, since Orthodoxy forbids women from studying the Talmud. Or to form women's scripture study groups.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='27 November 2009 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1259370020' post='2010430']
According to Orthodox Judaism, I should not be studying religion at all, since Orthodoxy forbids women from studying the Talmud. Or to form women's scripture study groups.
[/quote]

Orthodox Judaism is another false religion. The abuse of women in Islam is more widespread than the abuse of women in Orthodox Judaism. Terrorist acts by Islamic Terrorists is also more widespread than other Terrorist groups. Also the abuse of women in Islam is the topic of this thread, not the abuse of women in Orthodox Judaism.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='27 November 2009 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1259339374' post='2010245']
Why you are all ignoring the Islamic violence present in our world is beyond my understanding. There are people out there who kill in the name of Allah. There are people out there who hate America and want to kill us, in the name of Allah.
[/quote]

There are people out there who kill in the name of Christ, too. people will kill in the name of anything, especially a religion.
As far as i know, only the Flying Spaghetti Monster is exempt, but its new give it some time, and somebody will kill in its name.
There are people who hate Iraq, Afghanistan, etc and want to kill them, in the name of God.
Hell, Charles Manson killed in the name of the Beatles, helter skelter. but that doesnt make the Beatles bad.
All kinds of horrendous things have been done in the name of Christ, some even with clergy backing.

i really dont know where you get off holding Islam to a different standard.

here is another question. Overwhelmingly, on this board, when the topics of "hate crimes" come up, people balk and complain. "murder is murder, whether over race, money, drugs, sexual orientation, convenience, etc" one shouldnt be punished over another, yadda yadda
but when murderers are Islamic, and maybe justify killing with their religion, its all you can focus on?

HisChildForever

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='27 November 2009 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1259370273' post='2010433']
Also the abuse of women in Islam is the topic of this thread, not the abuse of women in Orthodox Judaism.
[/quote]

I'm so used to Islamic violence threads being derailed, it's not even funny.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 November 2009 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1259370652' post='2010438']
There are people out there who kill in the name of Christ, too. people will kill in the name of anything, especially a religion.
As far as i know, only the Flying Spaghetti Monster is exempt, but its new give it some time, and somebody will kill in its name.
There are people who hate Iraq, Afghanistan, etc and want to kill them, in the name of God.
Hell, Charles Manson killed in the name of the Beatles, helter skelter. but that doesnt make the Beatles bad.
All kinds of horrendous things have been done in the name of Christ, some even with clergy backing.

i really dont know where you get off holding Islam to a different standard.

here is another question. Overwhelmingly, on this board, when the topics of "hate crimes" come up, people balk and complain. "murder is murder, whether over race, money, drugs, sexual orientation, convenience, etc" one shouldnt be punished over another, yadda yadda
but when murderers are Islamic, and maybe justify killing with their religion, its all you can focus on?
[/quote]

Off topic, and therefore ignored.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 November 2009 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1259370652' post='2010438']
[/quote]

The trouble with that logic is that it makes the violence committed in the name of Islam equal to that of violence committed in the name of Christianity. When people do this they completely negate the fact that terrorist acts by Islamic Terrorists is far more widespread than other Terrorist groups.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='27 November 2009 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1259369634' post='2010424']
uote
On the other hand – according to the Quran – in places where Islam rules, it is to offer no mercy to the "infidel unbeliever" unless he converts to Islam. If he is allowed to live, he must live as a third-rate citizen and suffer all sorts of abuses with no legal rights to protect him. He is excessively taxed for "the privilege" of living among Muslims.

If we merely dismiss these facts as the ravings of a few fanatics, we do so at our great peril. About 15 percent of the 1.3 billion Muslims in the world are now fundamentalists. That's about 195 million Muslim zealots scattered over the world who are bent upon the destruction of the United States.

The other 85 percent of Muslims are not fundamentalists, but their beliefs are not based on a literal interpretation of the Quran and the acts of Muhammad. And they rarely speak out strongly enough against the Muslim fundamentalists to make a difference. If there is a "peaceful" majority of Muslims, they had better speak out clearly and strongly against the growing power of the fundamentalists, or they will be confused with the Muslims who bring future terrorist acts against this country.
[/quote]

Well, lets look at the practice of "dhimmitude," historically. How about a more modern example, in the Ottoman Empire, which was an extraordinary mix of Muslims, Christians, and Jews, all living in under an ostensibly Islamic caliphate. Christians and Jews did pay extra taxes and were subject to some (mostly social) forms of religious discrimination. But living arrangements were decidedly mixed; Muslims and non Muslims were neighbors and co-workers. The principle unit of organization was by class, not by religion.

At some point, the Ottomans decided to offer a series of "capitulations" .. to France, especially ... which gave them tax breaks and gave them permission to "protect" their religious confreres inside the Empire. So France became the protector of Christian Ottomans, had their separate court system, etc. The Ottomans permitted all this with the goal of producing economic interaction and growth.

Of course, the local Muslim businessmen were not pleased. And the Christians were put into a tight spot, increasingly viewed as "foreign" interlopers (even though they were Ottoman citizens like everyone else.) So, awkward, much. Confessional lines were hardened. Oppression, political division along religious borders increased. Etc. Etc.

The point is that the practice of oppressing infidels and taxing them to oblivion is hardly uniform across time and space in the Islamic world ... even in places ruled by an Islamic caliph .. and its most severe practices had more to do with economics than religion ...

I wouldn't say that all 195 million Muslim fundamentalists in the world are "bent" on destroying the United States. I think there's some hysteria going on in this article.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='27 November 2009 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1259370754' post='2010440']
Off topic, and therefore ignored.
[/quote]

All of it was off topic? seriously? maybe you should clean those sunglasses off.

you havent had much trouble going off topic in the past, give it a try it wont hurt.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='27 November 2009 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1259370794' post='2010441']
The trouble with that logic is that it makes the violence committed in the name of Islam equal to that of violence committed in the name of Christianity. When people do this they completely negate the fact that terrorist acts by Islamic Terrorists is far more widespread than other Terrorist groups.
[/quote]

Violence is violence, no matter how small.

i would count the entire 4th crusade as violence done in the name of Christ. Papal support was eventually withdrawn, but the violence was still claimed to be in God's name.

i would draw a parallel to islamic terrorism, in that most religious leaders in the Muslim community would have nothing to do with the terrorism or suicide bombing, and claim these acts as abominable.

What is done in your name, is not always done in your will.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 November 2009 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1259370983' post='2010443']
All of it was off topic? seriously? maybe you should clean those sunglasses off.

you havent had much trouble going off topic in the past, give it a try it wont hurt.
[/quote]

Your snarky remarks are really getting old. Either participate in this thread, or leave. Going back a few pages and selecting a random quote to address, amongst everything else that has been said, is not what I consider to be participation. Especially when it is an off topic response.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 November 2009 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1259371320' post='2010445']
Violence is violence, no matter how small.[/quote]

True, but nonsense in relation to the point. Terrorist attacks by Islamic Terrorist is very great and grave problem to us all. Islam has been very violate since its founding. Muhammad waged war against many to spread his 'faith', Christ sacrificed His life which spread His faith. The founder and foundation of each faith is important to determine if the violence committed in the name of that founder would be justified by that founder. The unjustified violence committed by Christians would not be justified by Christ. The same can not be said of Muhammad.

Edited by KnightofChrist

HisChildForever

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='27 November 2009 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1259370805' post='2010442']
Well, lets look at the practice of "dhimmitude," historically. How about a more modern example, in the Ottoman Empire, which was an extraordinary mix of Muslims, Christians, and Jews, all living in under an ostensibly Islamic caliphate. Christians and Jews did pay extra taxes and were subject to some (mostly social) forms of religious discrimination. But living arrangements were decidedly mixed; Muslims and non Muslims were neighbors and co-workers. The principle unit of organization was by class, not by religion.

At some point, the Ottomans decided to offer a series of "capitulations" .. to France, especially ... which gave them tax breaks and gave them permission to "protect" their religious confreres inside the Empire. So France became the protector of Christian Ottomans, had their separate court system, etc. The Ottomans permitted all this with the goal of producing economic interaction and growth.

Of course, the local Muslim businessmen were not pleased. And the Christians were put into a tight spot, increasingly viewed as "foreign" interlopers (even though they were Ottoman citizens like everyone else.) So, awkward, much. Confessional lines were hardened. Oppression, political division along religious borders increased. Etc. Etc.

The point is that the practice of oppressing infidels and taxing them to oblivion is hardly uniform across time and space in the Islamic world ... even in places ruled by an Islamic caliph .. and its most severe practices had more to do with economics than religion ...

I wouldn't say that all 195 million Muslim fundamentalists in the world are "bent" on destroying the United States. I think there's some hysteria going on in this article.
[/quote]

The discrimination of non-Muslims in Islamic countries is not a thing of the past.

For example, [b]"Discrimination Against Non-Muslims in Saudi Arabia"[/b]

[b][u]The kingdom of Saudi Arabia is an Islamic monarchy without legal protection for freedom of religion, and such protection does not exist in practice. Islam is the official religion, and the law requires that all citizens be Muslims.[/u]

The Government prohibits the public practice of non-Muslim religions. The Government recognizes the right of non-Muslims to worship in private; however, it does not always respect this right in practice.

An overwhelming majority of Saudi Arabian citizens support a fundamentalist Wahhabi Islamic state and oppose public non-Muslim worship. There is societal discrimination against adherents of the Shia Muslim minority. [/b]

Scroll down in the text: [b]Under the provisions of Shari’a law as practiced in the country, judges may discount the testimony of people who are not practicing Muslims or who do not adhere to the official interpretation of Islam.[/b]

Source: http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Discrimination:against:non:Muslims:in:Saudi:Arabia.html

This supports the quote from [b]"Islam's Violent Core"[/b]
"[b]On the other hand – according to the Quran – in places where Islam rules, it is to offer no mercy to the "infidel unbeliever" unless he converts to Islam. If he is allowed to live, he must live as a third-rate citizen and suffer all sorts of abuses with no legal rights to protect him. He is excessively taxed for "the privilege" of living among Muslims.[/b]

Therefore supporting what Knight and I have been arguing.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='27 November 2009 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1259371470' post='2010447']
Your snarky remarks are really getting old. Either participate in this thread, or leave. Going back a few pages and selecting a random quote to address, amongst everything else that has been said, is not what I consider to be participation. Especially when it is an off topic response.
[/quote]

actually its on the same page for me. and i dont see how it matters as you dont respond to my posts anyways.

participation? you have responded to like 5 posts in a row talking about why both the Koran and the Torah can be interpreted in violent ways with "but islam is bad and we arent." and then a raft of copypasta.

edit: ill repeat "What is done in your name is not always done in your will"

Edited by Jesus_lol