An Old School Catholic Message Board

Giant List Of Non Satanic Heavy Metal.

Jesus_lol

[quote name='ZeweInAeternum' date='11 January 2010 - 09:07 AM' timestamp='1263229671' post='2034799']
I suppose I could have worded that better. The only [i]new[/i] metal worth listening to is either about Satan or suicide.*

Rabid metalhead since I was 12 or so, I've become tremendously disillusioned with the scene as a whole. The only new poo that does it for me anymore is experimental DSBM and doom, really. And occasional Razorback releases.
[/quote]

lol, had to look up DSBM, though i figured the last two letters out. hmm i havent heard much of that, what do you think of Beherit?
Im personally more into Death metal these days, though some newer black metal bands are pretty sweet.
actually more into older style death metal, like Grave, Asphyx, Bloodbath. quite a few that i didnt list on this thread, cause they are pretty anti christian lyrics wise.

have you listened to any of the ones i listed, or posted here?
Insomnium above just released an awesome album.

and In mourning is my favourite new band, their first album is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glefRdo3zag

and Doom is generally awesome. have you heard anything by Solitude Aeturnus, electric Wizard, Sleep, November's Doom (death/doom), Goatsnake, Bongzilla or Cathedral?

Guest ZeweInAeternum

UGH. Chrome decided to crash when I was about to submit a lengthy response I had typed to all of that and now I'm pissed. A shortened version, though:

I respect the poo out of Beherit and the influence they've had on the genre, but Engram was the hugest disappointment I've received since Manowar's last LP. I don't think I've ever heard such formulaic tripe as Engram ):

Death metal (aside from oldschool and experimental acts) has never really done anything for me and I'm not sure why...just not my cup of tea for some reason, really. Gothenburg-style melo-death never gets old, though, even though everyone else seemed to lose interest in it almost a decade ago :[

You've surprisingly listed three DM bands that I actually enjoy, though! First wave DM and oldschool worship bands (like Bloodbath) are great, but everything produced after '92 or so just hasn't been able to hold my interest.

And that In Mourning track was a pleasant surprise as well. I'll definitely look into them on my next piracy run.

Every one of those doom bands you've listed is great, btw. Are you into funeral doom at all? That's primarily where my interest in the genre lies now, and I could give you a ****ton of recommendations if so. Same with DSBM. Brilliant genre, that.

[quote name='ZeweInAeternum' date='11 January 2010 - 10:01 AM' timestamp='1263232862' post='2034863']
UGH. Chrome decided to crash when I was about to submit a lengthy response I had typed to all of that and now I'm pissed. A shortened version, though:

I respect the poo out of Beherit and the influence they've had on the genre, but Engram was the hugest disappointment I've received since Manowar's last LP. I don't think I've ever heard such formulaic tripe as Engram ):

Death metal (aside from oldschool and experimental acts) has never really done anything for me and I'm not sure why...just not my cup of tea for some reason, really. Gothenburg-style melo-death never gets old, though, even though everyone else seemed to lose interest in it almost a decade ago :[

You've surprisingly listed three DM bands that I actually enjoy, though! First wave DM and oldschool worship bands (like Bloodbath) are great, but everything produced after '92 or so just hasn't been able to hold my interest.

And that In Mourning track was a pleasant surprise as well. I'll definitely look into them on my next piracy run.

Every one of those doom bands you've listed is great, btw. Are you into funeral doom at all? That's primarily where my interest in the genre lies now, and I could give you a ****ton of recommendations if so. Same with DSBM. Brilliant genre, that.
[/quote]

hmm i only have Engram, maybe i should look into the rest of their stuff.
i do love me some melodeth. Amon Amarth, Arch enemy(had tickets to see them, but forgot to go. beaver dam), insomnium(new favourite)

yeah the oldschool stuff is awesome, though i like finding that style of metal, but with decent sound production. i dont care how 'true' metal it is, if i cant hear the drums and guitar.
personally though, im really into tech death stuff. Nile is a bloody amazing band ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-qmXNPg7so ), and same with Psycroptic ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHbu2xKP59A )

i think the only band in my library that calls themselves funeral doom is Ahab. its been a while though, shoot away.

KeenanParkerII

Thought I would respond to your post in the hxc thread, since metal is like our heritage. ^__^

I don't listen to a lot of metal, but All That Remains is a regular on my iPod.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG9qlKEyV4E[/media]

(PS: It's a really cool video too)

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='16 January 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1263681159' post='2038742']
Thought I would respond to your post in the hxc thread, since metal is like our heritage. ^__^

I don't listen to a lot of metal, but All That Remains is a regular on my iPod.
[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG9qlKEyV4E"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GG9qlKEyV4E[/url][/media]

(PS: It's a really cool video too)
[/quote]

i do love All That Remains!!
i lie the song "six"

hmm from that big list, going by the fact you like all that remains, id recommend: Sylosis, Anterior, Insomnium, Woe of Tyrants and InFlames. more as well, ill look through them for you later, but those spring to mind.

• 1 month later...
eustace scrubb

i'm bored and can't get to sleep, so i went through this and critiqued it to the degree that i care at four (now five) AM. ha!

[b]Amon Amarth[/b]- melodic death metal, bout vikings. fully awesome.As you might guess with a band that uses only viking history and mythfor lyrics, almost all refer to Odin and Thor etc, and a few are aboutViking invasions of Christian towns. Odinism and christianity arentreally all that compatible, and the few songs they have aboutchristianity bug me, so i deleted them, but they remain one of myfavourite bands.[/quote]

fun band, musically good, but they have a song or two about raping nuns. wouldn't recommend them to people here.

[b]Black Sabbath[/b]- c'mon, you know theseguys. heavy old school metal. The kneejerk reaction from many peoplewhen they came out was to label them as satanic, though i believe thatis entirely unfounded.

coined the musical terms "metal" and "doom metal." most successful Catholic rock band in history, but of their best material, only the first three have lyrics that would be acceptable by people here.

[b]Cannibal Corpse[/b] - crazy stuff,check outtheir stuffwith George Fisher(recent) for better production, singing,guitar, andtone. and less messed up lyrics. in general, the lyrics aremessed up, but barely legible. not religion themed, more like horrormovie stuff. but a few members of this board like em, so they get onthe list.

horrible drumming and the worst lyrics i have ever had the displeasure of reading in my entire life. they cross so many lines, it's not even funny. i'm paid to write about metal and hardcore and was given an assignment to write about them. i turned it down and the editor was understanding.
[b]
[/b][b]Carcass[/b] - guitarist michael ammot from arch enemy. old schoolDM, started melodeath. Most of their stuff is junk grindcore(imo) buttotally changed sound in "Heartwork" which i quite like.

what is junk grindcore??? i know they started goregrind (one of the most BORING genres EVER...), but they were a legitimately good band before heartwork...

[b]Dark Tranquility[/b] - gothenburg melodeath. easy to get into i think.

AWESOME AWESOME band... saw them live eight years ago or so and they TOTALLY blew me away...

[b]Death - [/b]probably my favourite band here. thisband started the death metal genre although has very little to do withthe cannibal corpse type stuff. very heavy and
technical, great rhythmand good solos. lots of complicated timing and exotic sounding licks.sorta growling singer,decent lyrics, more political in later albums,horror movieish in the first few. band broke up in 2001, when theoriginal founder, guitarist vocalist and songwriter died of braintumourand surgery complications.if you like metal i endorse these guysentirely. Also, has clearly stated in an interview that he has nothingto do with satanism.

albums like Spiritual Healing were very anti-religious and they have an upside-down cross in their logo. however, their singer converted to Catholicism sometime before his death.
[b]
[/b][b]Dio-[/b] classic heavy metal stuff. like a mix between black sabbath and ozzy.

the artwork for Holy Diver has a priest in chains, thrown into the sea by a demon... are you seriously recommending hIm to people here???

[b]Dream Theater[/b]- very talented progressive metal band. greatstuff. one of the more famous metal bands, known for the very highlevel of musicianship.

horrible horrible horrible live band, but amazing musicians. i wish more of their material wasn't just a build up to an awesome solo in the middle of the song, though. Awake is a great album, though, as is another one i can't remember at the moment... some anti-religious lyrics, but have/had? Catholic members.
[b]
[/b][b]Darkest Hour[/b]- great band, melodic deathmetal. check out the song "the Tides" for some good riffs and one of myfavourite guitar solos, ever. [i]EVER.[/i] EVER.

VERY fun live band, but extremely anti-religious. they're too drunk and stupid to be taken seriously with that, though. even if their upcoming album is a Nietzsche reference (philosophy 101 metal, anyone? lololol).

[b]Disturbed[/b]- good standard metal band. youcould probably put them on at a party and have people like it. but goodriffs and choruses. intro to metal.

DEATH TO FALSE METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b]Enslaved[/b] - interesting black metalprogressive band. nice production. Most people would say all blackmetal is anti christian, and i dont know for sure about these guys oneway or another. still like their album "ruun", though if you areconcerned about religious themes and message in music i would avoidthese guys, or at least check their lyrics first

uhm, they have shirts with a mjolnir cracking a cross in half...

[b]Electric Wizard-[/b] the heaviest, trippiest, sweetest stoner doommetal band. you could do much worse in choosing a band to test out yournew subwoofers, downtuned, slow paced and heavy. repetitive though.

great band, but one of their recent albums (Withcult Today) had a lot of satanic material in it, from what i understand. it came across as forced, but whatever.
[b]
[/b][b]Entombed[/b]- oldschool death metal/rock. i like their last couple of albums. Several older album namessuggest to me that they might have satanic themes, though they arentpresent in the recent album or two i have listened to.

VERY satanic and offensive lyrics... i'm amazed they made your list... :blink:

[b]Hypocrisy[/b] - institution of heavy extreme metal. dont know very well.

pretty anti-Christian from what i know.
[b]
[/b][b]Immortal[/b] - favourite black metal band. crisp and cold sounding.

VERY VERY VERY anti-Christian band, was involved in church burnings and possibly a murder or two. very blasphemous and use satanic imagery a lot, but are probably just neo-Odinists, like 98% of "satanic" black metal bands...

[b]Impending Doom[/b] - heavy heavy mid tempo death metal. The onlyone on this list that is definitely Christian in intent and lyrics,though most others outstrip them musically.

Devourment-lite. i think the song people were referring to was more about hypocritical evangelical fundamentalist preachers...
[b]
[/b][b]Iron Maiden[/b] you should know. good stuff. Falsely accused asbeing satanic, lyrics recently sometimes take a positive view ofchristianity(though are normally on other subjects)

yeah, "Number of the Beast" was entirely intended to poke fun at the "satanic panic" of the 80's that evangelicals got into. never heard the song about the crusades, but i know that Nicko McBrain drums for a nondenominational evangelical worship group or something... btw "Hallowed be Thy Name" and "Sign of the Cross" are AMAZING and very moving songs... listen to the live "Rock in Rio" versions or watch them on youtube.
[b]
[/b][b]Judas Priest[/b]- again a classic NWOBHM band.

are you serious? they're great and all, but HIGHLY anti-Christian and have a lot of cryptic lyrics about homosexual sex. i love them, personally, but doubt people here would be comfortable listening to them.

[b]Megadeth[/b] - good thrash band, metalica's contempories. exceptthey are still good. Latest album "Endgame" is incredible. i thinktheir lead singer guitarist frontman turned christian a little whileago.

Dave Mustaine became an evangelical Christian around 97. it helped him kick his heroin addiction, but not long ago, he was hosting a radio show where he spewed all this evangelical fundie stuff that was really incendiary and ridiculous. supposedly he's recently gotten over his ego, but i'm skeptical. i think he's calmed down with the religious firebrand stuff, though... but not sure...
[b]
[/b][b]Origin[/b]- literally the heaviest fastestmost technical band i have listened to, though really only notable for that. worth a look on youtube but i find them boring.

LOVE this band's early stuff and two of the songs off of Informitas... , but Antithesis was so overproduced, it's gross... Longstreth or whatever his name is, is an awesome drummer, though...
[b]
[/b][b]Slayer -[/b] good riffing, terrible solos, thrash mostly anti christian lyrics

lead singer is a Roman Catholic, but he sings some of the most blasphemous lyrics imaginable (human sacrifice??? seriously???). super lame in that regard, but older material is mindblowing, musically. new album, World Painted Blood, is a return to form and their first good album since Seasons in the Abyss. would not recommend this band to anyone here at all.
[b]
[/b][b]Sentenced [/b]- good band, great songs. kinda melodeath/classic/powermetal

super-suicidal lyrics, the singer recently killed himself... you guys can figure it out for yourselves...

[b]Trouble[/b]- another great classic metalband. weird singer. i love the guitar and song feel.early albums are more doom, later are more rockish.
once referred to as "white metal" for their christian content, i wouldput them more as a positively christian themed band rather than a"christian band"

i addressed them in the other thread.
[b]
[/b][b]Vader [/b]- terrific death metal band. unique growling voice, they do lots of slayer covers and write stuff heavier than antimatter.

i like them, but they have a generic and formulaic sound. lyrics are extremely anti-Christian and there's some satanic stuff there for shock value. they have songs about going to war against Christianity, so i'd recommend people here avoid them. i'll go see them live, but won't listen to their albums. also, their Slayer covers are TERRIBLE!!!!!!

btw the guy who said DSBM is good is right, but if you like strong musicianship, you won't like it. i used to be a junkie with this music, but it made me really depressed (LOL!) after a few months, so i don't listen to it often. burzum pretty much founded the genre with his Filosefem album. while he is everything you said he is, his lyrics are almost entirely about Middle-Earth. there are some seriously anti-Jesus songs, though, like "Jesus Tod" or whatever. i refuse to support and can't stand him as a person, though. plus he torched a bunch of churches and made money off of that... stupid stupid stupid...

most of the metal i listen to now is foreign political grindcore. mostly japanese, spanish, swedish, and australian, but there's an INCREDIBLE band from northeast NJ called Gridlink. has members of Discordance Axis, Noisear/Kill the Client, Mortalized, and some other band. their first album, Amber Gray, is very technical and as much of a classic as Napalm Death's Scum and Terrorizer's World Downfall. they're pretty anti-religion, though, which is a shame.

i heard about a grindcore band from Ireland, made up of very conservative, traditional Catholics, but it's been suggested that they were an ironic joke. i don't know much about them and forget their name, but there is a Catholic grindcore/powerviolence (please don't make me explain that "genre"... :rolleyes:) that i'm not sure of the status of, named something like Forty Thousand Martyrs or something... and there's some evangelical groups like Vomitorial Corpulence (RIP), You're Fired, Lights for Nero (RIP), and In Loving Kindness (on hiatus, main member is either Coptic or Ethiopian Orthodox. haven't asked him about that in awhile...).

i'm hoping to start a Christian grindcore band at some point, but finding Christians, let alone ANYONE here who plays it and isn't already busy is next to impossible... :(

i haven't read their lyrics yet, but Portal from Australia is mindblowing... their album, Swarth, breaks new ground in death metal and is incredible...

AGGGGH i cant beleive my browser crashed, after i spent about an hour working on a indepth reply!!!!. son of a #Q$#!%$!$^&*^$&$

ok and now its 3:30. boooo, ill do it again tomorrow.

eustace scrubb

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 March 2010 - 07:23 AM' timestamp='1267961039' post='2067966']
AGGGGH i cant beleive my browser crashed, after i spent about an hour working on a indepth reply!!!!. son of a #Q$#!%$!$^&*^{:content:}amp;$

ok and now its 3:30. boooo, ill do it again tomorrow.
[/quote]

oh maaaaaaan, that smells of elderberries... sorry to hear that!!!!

ok this was a better reply last night, but whatever

[quote name='eustace scrubb' date='07 March 2010 - 02:28 AM'timestamp='1267957722' post='2067957']
i'm bored and can't get to sleep, so i went through this and critiqued it tothe degree that i care at four (now five) AM. ha!
[/quote]

ok so here goes again, thought id get back to you on some of your edits, etc.

i received most of these digitally (some downloaded, a huge smack from afriends failed hard drive), so i havent seen all the liner notes, album coversetc.)
anyways, i had made a full list of everything in my library, and this one isjust slightly distilled(well it took me a few hours of editing, and looking upsome lyrics, etc)
so its quite possibly not infallible :P
some of the more questionable ones that i left on were talked about in previousmetal threads, and some of the catholics on here liked listening to them. sothey made the list, some of them.

[b]Amon Amarth[/b] fun band, musically good, but they have a song or two aboutraping nuns. wouldn't recommend them to people here.

mhm, those songs are easy enough to find and delete, just by song title. thenthat leaves you with a healthy discography of awesome viking metal.

[b]Black Sabbath[/b]- coined the musical terms "metal" and "doommetal." most successful Catholic rock band in history, but oftheir best material, only the first three have lyrics that would be acceptableby people here.

Cant say ive listened to much past their first three albums,Master of Reality is my fav by far. Could you go into more detail on whatswrong with their later stuff?

[b]Cannibal Corpse[/b] horrible drumming and the worst lyrics i have ever hadthe displeasure of reading in my entire life. they cross so manylines, it's not even funny. i'm paid to write about metal andhardcore and was given an assignment to write about them. i turnedit down and the editor was understanding.<br style=""><br style="">

I agree. Their earlystuff is terrible, in every way. Their last two albums(the only ones i like atall) are a lot more normal to death metal, lyrics wise(their newer singer isn'tas screwed up) and the production and playing gets better.

[b]
Carcass[/b] -what is junk grindcore??? i know they started goregrind (one ofthe most BORING genres EVER...), but they were a legitimately good band beforeheartwork...

Lol, junk as in i didn't like listening to it, not as agenre. Yes they were popular in the metal scene before heartwork, but that bodyof music doesn't really belong in this thread. And im not that familiar with itanyways.

[b]Dark Tranquility [/b]AWESOME AWESOME band... saw them live eight years agoor so and they TOTALLY blew me away...

Uggg, i had tickets to go see these guys(along with archenemy, firewind) and i missed the chance to go. L

[b]Death - [/b]albums like Spiritual Healing were very anti-religious and theyhave an upside-down cross in their logo. however, their singerconverted to Catholicism sometime before his death.

Hmm i didn't know he went full catholic, thats interesting. Youare right, his early couple albums do have that symbol there(though i don't thinkit makes them a satanic band), and spiritual healing is like that.

Over the course of a few albums, that upside down cross turnsinto a right side up one. (more neutral, but w/e) and their later albums aremore about hypocrisy, politics, etc. Given the band leader stated he hadnothing whatso ever to do with Satanism, thats about as close to the source asit gets.
[b]
Dio-[/b] the artwork for Holy Diver has a priest in chains, thrown into the seaby a demon... are you seriously recommending hIm to people here???

I already noted, this band might want to be avoided cause ofthat album cover. Still, that song is about a part of Revelations i believe. TheDevils descent into hell.

[b]Dream Theater[/b]- horrible horrible horrible live band, but amazingmusicians. i wish more of their material wasn't just a build up toan awesome solo in the middle of the song, though. Awake is a greatalbum, though, as is another one i can't remember at the moment... someanti-religious lyrics, but have/had? Catholic members.

Catholic members? First i had heard. They were amazing livewhen i saw them with Opeth. Great playing and a good show. Maybe you arethinking of the song "in the name of God" which deplores violence done underthe banner of righteous gods?
[b]
Darkest Hour[/b]- VERY fun live band, but extremelyanti-religious. they're too drunk and stupid to be taken seriouslywith that, though. even if their upcoming album is a Nietzschereference (philosophy 101 metal, anyone? lololol).<br style=""><br style="">

Nietzche? Lol, have to check that out. I want to see themlive now... but yeah i left some of the more tongue in cheek , or drunken bandsin, such as municipal waste and arsis.

[b]Disturbed[/b]- DEATH TO FALSE METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, i think for a modern band, if you took away all thesubgenre stuff, added a bit of rock, it might sound like disturbed. And theirnew album is fairly decent, a much better intro to metal than Korn or slipknot,or some other junk.

[b]Enslaved[/b] - uhm, they have shirts with a mjolnir cracking a cross inhalf...

Whats a mjolnir? Caint say ive listened to much other than "RUUN",after looking up some lyrics, and the band, i didn't see any stanic missionstatements, etc. Still, be wary of the unknown

[b]Electric Wizard-[/b] great band, but one of their recent albums (WithcultToday) had a lot of satanic material in it, from what iunderstand. it came across as forced, but whatever.

Certainly not as good as Dopethrone.
[b]
Entombed[/b]- VERY satanic and offensive lyrics... i'm amazed they made yourlist... [img]file:///C:/Users/Nick/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/img]<br style=""><br style="">

Their latest album or two(the death rock stuff) seems prettyclean to me. Obviously not the early stuff, doesn't take much to realize that.

[b]Hypocrisy[/b] - pretty anti-Christian from what i know.

Ill take your word for it, im not to familiar with them,though i never regret when they come up on shuffle.
[b]
Immortal[/b] -VERY VERY VERY anti-Christian band, was involved in churchburnings and possibly a murder or two. very blasphemous and usesatanic imagery a lot, but are probably just neo-Odinists, like 98% of"satanic" black metal bands...<br style=""><br style="">

I think you are thinking of a different band. "The band hasalso distanced itself from the criminal activities and controversy that isusually associated with black metal. There have been a few minor controversieswith members of Immortal after they have left the band, such as original rhythmguitarist Jørn's conviction of church burning, as well as Erik "Grim"Brødreskift's suicide in 1999."

The mainstay membersof the band avoided that stuff. And im pretty sure the 2 murders were done byVarg from Burzum and Faust from Emperor

[b]
Judas Priest [/b]are you serious? they're great and all, but HIGHLYanti-Christian and have a lot of cryptic lyrics about homosexualsex. i love them, personally, but doubt people here would becomfortable listening to them.<br style=""><br style="">

I didn't pick up the anti Christian part, but yeah the leadsinger is gay, and that does cast some lyrics in a weird light. Luckily, mostof those particular songs weren't any good anyways. Its been a while since ilistened to JP much though.

[b]Megadeth[/b] - Dave Mustaine became an evangelical Christian around97. it helped him kick his heroin addiction, but not long ago, hewas hosting a radio show where he spewed all this evangelical fundie stuff thatwas really incendiary and ridiculous. supposedly he's recentlygotten over his ego, but i'm skeptical. i think he's calmed downwith the religious firebrand stuff, though... but not sure...

Dave mustaine, always has and always will be an ass. He doesright agood tune though.
[b]

Sentenced [/b]super-suicidal lyrics, the singer recently killed himself... youguys can figure it out for yourselves...<br style=""><br style="">

Wow, i hadn't heard about that!! Hmm ill have to go back andlisten to his lyrics, i didn't get that vibe at all.

[b]
Vader [/b]- i like them, but they have a generic and formulaicsound. lyrics are extremely anti-Christian and there's some satanicstuff there for shock value. they have songs about going to waragainst Christianity, so i'd recommend people here avoid them. i'llgo see them live, but won't listen to their albums. also, theirSlayer covers are TERRIBLE!!!!!!<br style=""><br style="">

Mhm, shock value they got. Like a heavier, but lessoffensive Slayer, imo. Yes their covers are baaad.

[quote]
btw the guy who said DSBM is good is right, but if you like strongmusicianship, you won't like it. i used to be a junkie with thismusic, but it made me really depressed (LOL!) after a few months, so i don'tlisten to it often. burzum pretty much founded the genre with hisFilosefem album. while he is everything you said he is, his lyricsare almost entirely about Middle-Earth. there are some seriouslyanti-Jesus songs, though, like "Jesus Tod" or whatever. irefuse to support and can't stand him as a person, though. plus hetorched a bunch of churches and made money off of that... stupid stupidstupid...

i'm hoping to start a Christian grindcore band at some point, but findingChristians, let alone ANYONE here who plays it and isn't already busy is nextto impossible... [img]file:///C:/Users/Nick/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Yeah, what ive heardof burzums music is kinda interesting, but he is just sooo messed up i cantbring myself to listen to it. Dude has problems.

Yeah id love tostart a Death metal band(maybe thrash, im not sure.) but no one around here toplay with.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='10 January 2010 - 02:31 AM' timestamp='1263115905' post='2033872']
so i found an awesome new band! Insomnium is a melodic Death metal band, with amazing often beautiful instrumentation, very minor key harmonies, and basically poetry for lyrics, though often sung typical death metal style.

these guys are awesome, and of of the few metal bands i actually love their lyrics.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9QCK6l6gKg&feature=PlayList&p=23BA6231BBC480F7&index=0&playnext=1[/media]

all their lyrics are terrific, also no sign of religion bashing.
[/quote]

I liked the instrumental on this, (and I agree the lyrics are pretty good, although I don't like the sound of them...) so I looked up some more of their instrumental music. Pretty good, I have to say.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='08 March 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1268084574' post='2069069']
I liked the instrumental on this, (and I agree the lyrics are pretty good, although I don't like the sound of them...) so I looked up some more of their instrumental music. Pretty good, I have to say.
[/quote]

really? cool, i didnt know they had any instrumentals, but i only have their two latest albums(but not for long :) )

they are one of my favourites actually, the instrumentation is just beautiful at times, and once i could pick up their lyrics i really started enjoying them. most bands i ignore the lyrics.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='08 March 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1268088057' post='2069104']
really? cool, i didnt know they had any instrumentals, but i only have their two latest albums(but not for long :) )

they are one of my favourites actually, the instrumentation is just beautiful at times, and once i could pick up their lyrics i really started enjoying them. most bands i ignore the lyrics.
[/quote]

Yeah, I liked this one in particular:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X_0JdDhRKc[/media]

its cool to see you taking an interest :)

later ill try and find a bunch of other cool instrumentals (i lost my awesome instrumetal playlist <_< ) for ya

oh and this one
[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_XDU23zVyo"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=U_XDU23zVyo[/url][/media]

well, first half is instrumental, heres the lyrics for the rest

Foul voices welcome me to loneliness
Graceful tunes on her lips have now ceased
This winter's here to surpass all the hopes
And dreams succumb to nightmares and freezing air

Now lonely is my road, path paved with bitter thoughts
Conception of beauty excluded from this heart
Within closed doors no-one speaks, behind barred windows no soul lives
As I walk the soil beneath my feet is crumbling...

She was my sun and now the light has faded away
Night condensing around me, leading astray
Shining image torn down, remembrance of her fades
Left but anguish and shame to haunt me in the shades

Should I be content with the memory of the life I had?
Or is the Hell knowing what we could have beome?
- Quite indifferent as the tides of time have now turned
And the past is buried in a drift of whirling snow

Edited by Jesus_lol