An Old School Catholic Message Board

Giant List Of Non Satanic Heavy Metal.

Jesus_lol

Heir Apparent

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1306681013' post='2247394']
awe[i][/i]some

I don't see the problem, n00b.
[/quote]

And tools like yourself pray to Mary. Spoiler alert, she can't hear you! Silly catholic...

Guest Theandric

Cross posting from the Metalheads thread...

If you're looking for bands in the heavy genre that have no problem identifying as Catholic, check out the [url="http://www.catholicmetal.com"]www.catholicmetal.com[/url] site. The first compilation is available for free download which includes tunes by Theandric, Katholicus and others.

My own band, Theandric, is influenced musically by Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Sepultura. Lyrical inspiration comes from Papal encyclicals, the Scriptures and the Church's rich sacred music tradition.

\m/ \m/

[b]THEANDRIC
[/b][i]Sacred Metal in a Spirit of Reparation
[/i][url="http://www.theandric.com"]www.theandric.com[/url]

Guest Theandric

[quote name='Theandric' timestamp='1306871068' post='2248266']

Here's a video link too: (I didn't know how to post it otherwise)
[b]
[media]http://youtu.be/aE_z247FaeA[/media][/b]

[b]THEANDRIC
[/b][i]Sacred Metal in a Spirit of Reparation
[/i][url="http://www.theandric.com"]www.theandric.com[/url]
[/quote]

Edited by Theandric

Winchester

[quote name='Heir Apparent' timestamp='1306778226' post='2247691']
And tools like yourself pray to Mary. Spoiler alert, she can't hear you! Silly catholic...
[/quote]
If I were a tool, I'd be a sledgehammer. Sledgehammers are awes[i][/i]ome.

There's a band in my area called Leviathan that has some SICK Christian death metal. They start their set with a sample of Darth Vader saying "I find your lack of faith disturbing" and then all hell breaks loose. It's amesome. Here's a link. http://www.music-exposed.com/leviathan.html

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1306889966' post='2248450']
If I were a tool, I'd be a sledgehammer. Sledgehammers are awes[i][/i]ome.
[/quote]
Awe[u][/u]some. I approve of sledgehammers.

• 2 weeks later...
eustace scrubb

Leviathan is very anti-Christian, this thread has been hijacked by trolls.

Btw thanks for the catholic metal link!

[quote name='eustace scrubb' timestamp='1308071569' post='2253668']
Leviathan is very anti-Christian, this thread has been hijacked by trolls.

Btw thanks for the catholic metal link!
[/quote]

yeah im pretty sure leviathan is a one man black metal band. never heard them, just of them. i would be skeptical if someone said they were christian.

• 2 months later...
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Here is the list I came up with for a dad im my parish that was craving that sort of thing.

thousand foot kruch
skillet
kutless (Kutless 3rd album and last two albums have been a lot softer so try to avoid ablums Strong Tower, to know that you are alive, and It is Well.)
Pillar
Cheer up Charlie
Flatfoot 56
Project 86
Falling Up
Day of Fire
Tobymac
Disciple
Since October
Flyleaf
John Reuben
POD
Righteous B
The Letter Black
Hawk Nelson

Red (Reds first Album is the cusp of hard rock to heavy metal. There 2nd album is a lil softer and there 3rd album from what I heard on the jay leno show will be even lighter. but anything like the first album of RED is really the last of the alternitves to real metal. list beyond this is becoming Heavy metal to After death metal n(Christian screamo. Some bands will have songs that sound like normal pop and will scream a lot in there next song.)
Emery
Seven Sorrows
Showbread
Dead Poetic
Underoath
Demon Hunter
As I Lay Dying
Norma Jean
Zao
August Burns Red
War of Ages
Haste the Day
With Blood Comes Cleansing

that was unedited months ago, i forgot to mention InHale Exhale to the X emo [After Death Metal (Christian Death Metal) Christian screamo] RED's 3rd album kicked serious butt making them a force to be reckoned with after a soso 2nd album. Their song Feed the Machine has potential to reach very very high on the secular rock charts. Skillets last album was terrific my fave song from it did well but another song from that album reached no. 1 on the secular rock charts!!! Some of those bands scream or don't scream, like seven sorrows doesn't sceam except one song, and Since October has 3 or so Screamy songs on there 1st album, but overall are amesome Disciple screams quite a bit especially during there 2nd album (Scars Remain) and the song a few songs on there latest (Horseshoes and Handgrenades). To my knowlege these bands are all Christian.
That brings up an obvious point, Christian Death Metal ru KIDDIIIIIIING????????????? That doesn't seem all that christian even to seculars. The way I sum it up is they are not swearing or full of hate. There is a huge difference between hating and being in loads of emotional pain. I would not condone any of this music during the Mass obviously, but this is music has its place, hanging w/ the guys, or staying awake in the car late at night, or working out. My Mom asked me if Jesus was a musician do you think he would scream? And I said no he wouldn't I imagine his music would be uncatergorizable, however Jesus loves us all very much but tossed temple tables and stuff to. He wasn't like Barney the Dinosaur. The church is a hospital for sinners. I believe that this music has its time and place.

eustace scrubb

Uhm, wow... that was a pretty intense post. Btw I've wished for sometime now that this thread would die and that a new one be started for the discussion of metal and other forms of extreme music, so that's what I'm going to do. You will find my reply to your post in there.

• 3 years later...
franciscanheart

found another Christian band! that i like!

Paramaecium - Christian Doom/death metal. lots of slow operatic sort of sections, with some heavy parts. like the christian counterpart to the band "My Dying Bride"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKY0OjlH4P4[/media]

a heavier one. with violin!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NMeNKRZHlA[/media]

This was pretty mild. I didn't hate it.

[edited to fix links in quoted post] Edited by franciscanheart

franciscanheart

Okay... just listened to the second one and couldn't get into it as much. He has too much phlegm sound in his voice for me to listen comfortably.

MarysLittleFlower

Hmm.. I find even if the lyrics are not evil, the music seems disorganized and chaotic ? Personally I don't like how it affects me and there have been studies that show how music can affect us. I believe its good for music to have melody harmony and organization because music is God's idea and in Heaven everything has order. The less order there is the more it sounds like noise.. There was even a study with rats in a maze and while classical music improved their performance, metal decreased it, and in the case when it was left playing continuously, animals eventually got aggressive and killed each other.. :O. If I remember correctly!

So.. I guess this was the controversial post in this thread... Sorry metal music lovers :) I used to listen to heavy music but now that I'm used to other music, I find heavy even rock music has a bad effect on me mentally.

There's an excitement to listening to this type of music but it increases the 'passions'.

Edited by MarysLittleFlower