An Old School Catholic Message Board

I've Been Ordered To Leave

hyperdulia again

hyperdulia again

then why the hell is she NOW making statements about leaving the Church. i had this mental image of her and kelli going to mass every sunday with offspring in tow. she sounds just plain anti-catholic. maybe she'll stop calling herseklf catholic now. famous people annoy me.

hyperdulia again

actually i don't know what she believes, because in her autobiography she talks about having the kids baptised....but wait, madonna had her kids baptised...nm...let's kill famously confused catholics! volunteers?!

cmotherofpirl

i didn't say he was right about everything, or even the kind of catholic we should consider to be a role model, but he did keep me in when i was about to get out.

Hyper I have been reading his stuff since you mentioned him. Although we can be quite wrong on many things he is a compelling read. His stuff on homosexuality is heartbreaking. I will put him on my prayer list.

What annoys me is the fact that everyone seems to forget that the Church isn't a democracy!! I admit I have had problems with things the Pope as done or things He has said in the past, but NEVER have I questioned Him. I don't care how far he goes with this gay topic; I will trust and follow the Church all the way.

Remember, these people who are calling Catholics to leave the Church are in danger! Spiritual danger that is. We really need to pray for these people. The Church is going through a cleansing process at the moment. I can only speak for Melbourne but basically there is a split between the Modernists/Liberals and the Orthodox Catholics. I tend to call Modernist Catholics (Cafe` Catholics). They seem to think that they can pick and choose the rules they want to follow, just like at a Cafe` you choose what you would like to drink and eat. The Orthodox Catholics are the ones who are faithful to the Pope and who appreciate the Eucharist etc etc.

There is HOPE guys!! I have been to a few Liberal movement meetings and THEY ARE ALL OLD PEOPLE!!!! In Melbourne the only people who are going against Rome are OLD PRIESTS and OLD PEOPLE. The young generation is returning to Orthodoxy! Plus there will never be a split in the Church. These heretics know that they don't have the money or land to start a new church! I really do believe that this heresy will die out. It's very possible that the Church will be much smaller in numbers in the next few years but this doesn't matter! I would rather be in a Church full of faithful men and women like me, than be in some watered down Catholic Church!

Now the biggest reason for all these people going against Rome is basically the influence of our society. People today seem to be totally against authority. I think the U.S. is really affected by this. Regardless, who do you think is behind all this? Who do you think is spurning on these people to go against Rome, trying to destroy the Church on the inside rather than from the outside. I blame it all on Satan! Our society has totally lost sight of the path. This is just sweeping into our Church! But the Catholic Church will stand against our society, we aren't like the other churches, we don't give into what society wants (i.e. The Anglican Church, or the Uniting Church in Australia).

In times of doubt, I look at how our Church is attacked from right left and center and I realise that the Church is doing something right to revive this much attention!

Just remember this: The sin that caused Satan to fall was the sin of pride! If you look at all the churches that split directly from the Catholic Church you will see that Pride placed a huge role. Just look at the way the Greek Orthodox Church behaves towards fellow Greeks who are Catholic. Martin Luther had pride in him to go against the leaders in the Church, thinking that he knew more than them. And King Henry had pride in the sense; he wouldn't let anyone stop him getting a divorce. He also wanted to be head of the Church of England.

Can't you see that these people who are going against Rome are committing the sin of Pride? They think they know better than the Pope Himsef!!

Satan is jealous of us, because he can't love God; he wants us to fall with him. I think the same goes with the people who go against Rome; they want others to go with them.

It is my understanding that the Church doesn't condem Homosexuals. That has been what I have always been taught. It's not a sin to be gay! But if you feelo that you have homosexual tendercies then you are called to a chaist life. I would suggest anyone who wants to know more to read "Good News about Sex and Marriage" by Christopher West.

Ccc:

Chastity and homosexuality

Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection

then why the hell is she NOW making statements about leaving the Church. i had this mental image of her and kelli going to mass every sunday with offspring in tow. she sounds just plain anti-catholic.  maybe she'll stop calling herseklf catholic now. famous people annoy me.

My thoughts exactly. To me, she was openly hostile to the Church and the Vatican saying that thing about the golden toilet seats and hoping the Church would sued forever.

She wasn't even Catholic to begin with.

True Catholics wouldn't even think of leaving the Church. That's why you couldn't stay away for long. :wub:

But you know, that was exactly the image she wanted you to have: a good, loyal Catholic who was trying to live her faith right and then decided to leave it for a "higher moral purpose". Things can be very misleading. I don't trust the majority of celebrities on what what they say they do versus what they actually do. In fact, the celebs that seem to have the deepest faith rarely talk about it. And when they do they don't make a huge spectacle of it.

BullnaChinaShop

In fact, the celebs that seem to have the deepest faith rarely talk about it.  And when they do they don't make a huge spectacle of it.

That is probably because those that have a deep faith have a shred of humility, a trait lacking in most celebrities.