An Old School Catholic Message Board

Merry Christmas To All

SstrAli

Hello dear phatmassers,

I am not new to phatmass, but had to get a new name because I forgot my password to my old one. I was formerly SisterAli (although I am NOT a Sister its my nickname and I am aspiring to become a religious sister).

Some of you may know. . . I entered a cloistered monastery about 2 years ago. It was a beautiful experience for me and I learned a lot, but I have discerned that cloistered life at this time is not for me. I am taking a year off to spend time with my family as it was EXTREMELY hard on them! I am striving in prayer to know God's next step for my life. I have a couple of communities that I am in contact with (active communities) and things are going really well with that. I plan to visit after my *year* of time off is up. I've also considered going back to college, but again . . . God hasn't quite shown me what my next step is because it is not time yet. I am enjoying the time with family and they are enjoying it too. I ask you all for prayers. May God shed His light upon me. Please know that all you phatmassers are in my prayers. Life can be so confusing at times and right now I'm kind of in that boat. I have so many ideas streaming around in my head of what I could possibily do, but yet, all I want to do is the Will of God and right now I don't know which one that is. Prayers please.

Peace during this Advent Season,

SisterAli

Welcome back!!!

If you find you have the time and feel so inclined, please consider adding your thoughts/advice to this thread:
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=98304&st=0&p=1960919&fromsearch=1&#entry1960919"]Meditations Upon Returning[/url]

[quote name='Staretz' date='25 December 2009 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1261761645' post='2025918']
It's ok to be back. I don't think it means that you are a failure.
[/quote]

Staretz,

Thank you for this reassurance! It is great to be back because God is showing me new things everyday and I'm growing as a person. I will admit though, it is difficult sometimes and you can seem so alone. And yes you can sometimes think you are a failure, but that is only the devil. I haven't been home for 2 years for Christmas and its great to be with family. I prayed for two special intentions and God has blessed me with both of the special intentions. I couldn't thank Him enough! God's grace is beautiful! I am still VERY VERY close to the Sisters in the Monastery. I love them dearly. Please keep me in your prayers. That I may follow in His footsteps. . . whatever that may be.

Merry Christmas!

Allie

[quote name='elizabeth09' date='25 December 2009 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1261720905' post='2025786']
Hey, I am trying to find my vocation too, maybe a sister.
[/quote]

Elizabeth,

I will keep you in my prayers!

Merry Christmas to you!

[quote name='stlmom' date='23 December 2009 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1261617359' post='2025321']
Hi Ali, I remember you also. I'm still posting occasionally, and I hope you do find your vocation, whatever that may be.
[/quote]

Stlmom,

I wanted to say thank you for the card you sent me while I was in the Monastery; it was very thoughtful of you. Please keep me in your prayers!

Allie

Sister Ali,

I'm sorry that you've returned. I of course remember you although we lost contact when I entered the PCPA, and of course, returned.

I pray that you take time to heal. Please know that our Lord loves you deeply and He will reveal His perfect will for you.

Yours in Christ,

HisChild

[quote name='HisChild' date='27 December 2009 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1261890057' post='2026471']
Sister Ali,

I'm sorry that you've returned. I of course remember you although we lost contact when I entered the PCPA, and of course, returned.

I pray that you take time to heal. Please know that our Lord loves you deeply and He will reveal His perfect will for you.

Yours in Christ,

HisChild
[/quote]

HisChild,

I of course remember you too! Thanks for the post! I have you on AIM messenger, but I haven't seen you on . . . don't know if you are on much? I am usually on in the evenings or right around 3pm central time.

Thank you for your prayers; its greatly appreciated!

In Jesus love,

Allie

[quote name='SstrAli' date='27 December 2009 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1261959425' post='2026677']
HisChild,

I of course remember you too! Thanks for the post! I have you on AIM messenger, but I haven't seen you on . . . don't know if you are on much? I am usually on in the evenings or right around 3pm central time.

Thank you for your prayers; its greatly appreciated!

In Jesus love,

Allie
[/quote]

I have so few on my AIM messenger and am usually on there 'invisible'. Feel free to buzz me. I may be online!