An Old School Catholic Message Board

Called To Follow God

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul

When I came home from the Visitations in Sept, I thought I had lost my calling, a feeling that had left me before going for my trail.

I came home depressed, lost and confused. Why would God give me a calling since a teen and suddenly take it away just before entering?

The other day it came to me while mucking stalls that I never lost my calling! It's still there inside my heart waiting for me to bring it fulfillment.

That was the best gift this Christmas!

We *all* have a call ... and that call is to follow God to wherever that may lead.

It is difficult when you go to visit (or enter) a community and one way or another it turns out not to be where you need to be. But ultimately it is so important to remember that He calls you to follow, whatever that means.

Merry Christmas :-)

laetitia crucis

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='25 December 2009 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1261793710' post='2026092']
When I came home from the Visitations in Sept, I thought I had lost my calling, a feeling that had left me before going for my trail.

I came home depressed, lost and confused. Why would God give me a calling since a teen and suddenly take it away just before entering?

The other day it came to me while mucking stalls that I never lost my calling! It's still there inside my heart waiting for me to bring it fulfillment.

[/quote]

God bless you, DiscerningSoul! I can definitely relate to your feelings when returning home and especially that feeling of "finding" your calling once again. Sometimes God throws little unexpected (and sometimes really confusing) curve balls which turn out to be just what we needed to keep us on the right track or turn us in another direction to where we were supposed to be in the first place. :topsy:

I will be praying for your discernment and perseverance. :sign: May our Blessed Mother keep you close within her Immaculate Heart as you continue to seek out the fulfillment of your call. :saint:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='26 December 2009 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1261793710' post='2026092']

[/quote]

Prayers for you during your discernment. :pray: Maybe you are meant to be a Carmelite instead? :rolleyes:

Edited by nunsense

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='nunsense' date='27 December 2009 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1261892378' post='2026483']
Prayers for you during your discernment. :pray: Maybe you are meant to be a Carmelite instead? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Laughing... Nunsense you never miss a trick! God love you! :bigclap:

from one Carmelite to another! :shield:

Indwelling Trinity

Edited by Indwelling Trinity

[quote]Maybe you are meant to be a Carmelite instead? [img]public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img][/quote]

:popcorn: Waiting for the Franciscans, Dominicans, Benedictines etc to show up now and promote their orders too :lol:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' date='28 December 2009 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1261978191' post='2026801']
:popcorn: Waiting for the Franciscans, Dominicans, Benedictines etc to show up now and promote their orders too :lol:
[/quote]

Oh, are there other orders than Carmelite? I didn't know that! :lol_roll:

Actually, we shouldn't have to wait too long, and I expect the Salesians will be one of the first! they seem very active around here. :rolleyes:

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='nunsense' date='28 December 2009 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1261979049' post='2026805']
Oh, are there other orders than Carmelite? I didn't know that! :lol_roll:

Actually, we shouldn't have to wait too long, and I expect the Salesians will be one of the first! they seem very active around here. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Oh me! laughing hard here.... ladies and gentlemen lets not fight over our little sister! :rolling: :grouphug: After all we are Phamily!!!

Hugs

Indwelling Trinity

Indwelling Trinity

Discerning soul, we love you and yes... there is life after the Visitation! Keep on keeping on and God will surely lead you.

Love and hugs,

Indwelling Trinity