An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pre-Religious Life "bucket List"

magnificat

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1321579434' post='2337604']
Okay, my pre-religious bucket list, since I have 3 years to do it in:

1. Learn to sew (yes, it'll take me at least that long)
2. Relearn knitting
3. Learn to prepare vegetables and cook (don't laugh, I know I'm pathetic)
4. Buy suitcase with secret pockets for sneaking in extra books. Yes, I'm allowed bring in books but prob not as many as I want. They'll all go to the library anyway
5. Go on a Shrines of France tour. I've been to Lourdes but I want to go to Lisieux and to St. Bernadette's convent
6. Go to Medjugorje. Controversial, I know but I would like to see it and make my own mind up
7. Visit Australia
8. Learn to make rosaries
[/quote]

Well, if you're going to do #7 - you had better do it before the end of next year - that way I we can get together! :P I hope to be back in a convent by mid-late 2012, so start planning now!!! :)

Oh and p.s. - I'll have to leave for discernment visits, so don't come during those times!! :P

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1321579673' post='2337610']

Well, if you're going to do #7 - you had better do it before the end of next year - that way I we can get together! :P I hope to be back in a convent by mid-late 2012, so start planning now!!! :)

Oh and p.s. - I'll have to leave for discernment visits, so don't come during those times!! :P
[/quote]

We shall have to coordinate our schedules :drunks:

• 1 month later...

Especially if I enter the Poor Clares, I want to have barbecue the day before my entrance to eat all the ribs, steak, etc that I wouldn't get anymore after I enter :hehe2:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1321495641' post='2337213']
I only have two things before I enter:

1. Buy a flute (preferably used)
2. Take piano and/or flute lessons.

I've always wanted to learn to play the piano. I will probably ask for either a flute or a keyboard for Christmas so I can teach myself. :)
[/quote]

Well, I accomplished the first thing (even though I am no longer discerning). And I am teaching myself using a music book and accompaniment CD. Getting pretty darn good! :)

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1326515417' post='2368753']
Especially if I enter the Poor Clares, I want to have barbecue the day before my entrance to eat all the ribs, steak, etc that I wouldn't get anymore after I enter :hehe2:
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm definitely having a bacon sandwich for breakfast the day I leave!

Today I'm getting to do one of the unofficial things on my bucket list - see a Tridentine Mass. My friend the seminarian is home for Christmas (still... yeah I don't know what that's about) and is taking me. He's also buying me lunch "because it would count as a Corporal Work of Mercy". :spike:

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1326534208' post='2368811']
Yeah, I'm definitely having a bacon sandwich for breakfast the day I leave!

Today I'm getting to do one of the unofficial things on my bucket list - see a Tridentine Mass. My friend the seminarian is home for Christmas (still... yeah I don't know what that's about) and is taking me. He's also buying me lunch "because it would count as a Corporal Work of Mercy". :spike:
[/quote]

Well, the Trid Mass was quite lovely. Low, so not sung, but celebrated by a bishop and a graceful assisting priest. Good to have had the experience.

Strictlyinkblot

While as I mentioned before there's a few things I'd like to do at the moment I can only think of two things that I really want to do. One is spend some time with my family. Chances are if I enter contemplative life they're not going to see that much of me, even if I enter the Carmelites which are twenty minutes drive from my parents. Secondly, go on a pilgrimage to thank Our Lady for her help and grace, ideally Medjugorje because I haven't been there but I'd be happy to go to the shrine in Knock, in Ireland.

I want to buy a car and drive all day long... :)
I love fast cars! But, actually, religious communities (in particular poor clares
or franciscans) do not have so many fast cars... :hehe2:
And I want to go to university and travell around in Europe.....
soo many things to do! :)

InPersonaChriste

I don't think I have anything I really want to do anymore, I just want to serve God the best I can everyday. That is probably the best thing to do before religious life anyways.

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1326584305' post='2369160']
Go hunting
[/quote]

deer hunting? moose hunting? elk hunting? rabbit hunting? bear hunting?

what kind of hunting?

[quote name='MarieClaire' timestamp='1326635289' post='2369492']
I want to buy a car and drive all day long... :)
I love fast cars! But, actually, religious communities (in particular poor clares
or franciscans) do not have so many fast cars... :hehe2:
And I want to go to university and travell around in Europe.....
soo many things to do! :)
[/quote]

Haha! The FSI Sisters in Indiana had a red sport car donated!! And, yes, they drive it!

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1326652978' post='2369559']
Haha! The FSI Sisters in Indiana had a red sport car donated!! And, yes, they drive it!
[/quote]
Now that is what I call razzle dazzle! Not that I can drive but I've always wanted a red sport car, just to admire.