An Old School Catholic Message Board

Young People: You Will Pay For The Health Care Bill

Brother Adam

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Raphael' date='06 January 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1262789154' post='2030847']
What we need is a dictator, and I mean that in then Latin sense of the word. In ancient Rome, when there was collapse or chaos, a dictator would be chosen to rule with absolute power for 6 months (only that long). Cincinnatus, a farmer, was chosen on one occasion and acclaimed as a national hero when he fixed the government and returned to his farm when he was done without taking anything for himself. That's what we need...an honest guy to give all the authority to so he can reboot the government.
[/quote]

:lol_roll:

[quote] [Because we are healthy and usually don't need anything beyond catastrophic coverage.][/quote]

of course you do

are you making babies?

are you living in society?

are you driving around or have large vehicles moving nearby?

The part that the article is missing is, the health-care reform package, will mandate that the health insurance parents buy, will cover their children until age 25.

So, many of those who don't have insurance, don't because when they hit age 18, and didn't go to college, they were dropped from their parents plan. That won't happen with this new legislation.

Also what the article leaves out, those young people who don't have insurance and end up in the emergency room for some reason, get treated and the bill gets passed on to those with insurance in the way of higher premiums. So, for those of us who are paying for the uninsured, mandating insurance is a way to lower our cost.

That being said, this program will not work. The only solution to fixing the health-care problem in the US is;

One, return the health-care system to a non-profit system, as in the old days.

Two, make a single payer system, AKA universal health-care.

As long as the medical system and the health insurance systems are "for profit," entities, the system will be too costly.

Jim

Edited by JimR-OCDS

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I am sure glad I joined the military and have VA...as long as I deploy every 5 years I'm good to go :)

seriously tho, it is very disheartening to see government moving even more to the role of baby sister, Charities and society not too long back took care of those who needed care, somehow politicians thought they could do it better and messed it all up, from healthcare to education...get out!

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Winchester' date='06 January 2010 - 09:41 AM' timestamp='1262788867' post='2030845']
This is why we need rule by an aristocracy.
[/quote]

That's why White Land owning males were the ones granted the right to vote. Yes, we see women as equal, Yes, Race has no bearance on one's worth, but early on they said hey these people are wealthy enough NOT to be too stupid and be invested in the positive growth of the nation so they make the decisions. Of course now our education is so messed up that we have a college professor in the White House who doesn't know right from left on anything, tis sad. I just want to move out in the woods build a hut and have people leave me alone, where I can choose who needs my help.

[quote name='Raphael' date='06 January 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1262788032' post='2030841']
I actually agree with Glenn Beck on this one. The liberals are intentionally trying to collapse the US economy so they can build their own version of "paradise" from the rubble.
[/quote]

You are shockingly disconnected from reality. That is to say that your beliefs in this matter are utterly delusional and asinine.

I'm not sure if Glen Beck is seriously mentally unstable or just an outright charlatan, but either way I wouldn't look to him for clear-headed political analysis.

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' date='07 January 2010 - 04:28 AM' timestamp='1262856519' post='2031614']
That's why White Land owning males were the ones granted the right to vote. Yes, we see women as equal, Yes, Race has no bearance on one's worth, but early on they said hey these people are wealthy enough NOT to be too stupid and be invested in the positive growth of the nation so they make the decisions. Of course now our education is so messed up that we have a college professor in the White House who doesn't know right from left on anything, tis sad. I just want to move out in the woods build a hut and have people leave me alone, where I can choose who needs my help.
[/quote]

There are plenty of stupid rich people, I go to school with a number of their kids. This is particularly true in the era of inherited family wealth. And that class of individuals didn't necessarily have an invested interest in the growth of the nation as a whole, but in the self interest of their class.

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' date='07 January 2010 - 04:23 AM' timestamp='1262856224' post='2031612']
I am sure glad I joined the military and have VA...as long as I deploy every 5 years I'm good to go :)

seriously tho, it is very disheartening to see government moving even more to the role of baby sister, Charities and society not too long back took care of those who needed care, somehow politicians thought they could do it better and messed it all up, from healthcare to education...get out!
[/quote]

The nation-state is inherently a welfare state. Charities and Society? I don't know what you mean by society (what is the state a representative of?) but charity certainly didn't provide people at large with education and healthcare. Near universal literacy is a very recent phenomena.

Raphael

[quote]
I actually agree with Glenn Beck on this one. The liberals are intentionally trying to collapse the US economy so they can build their own version of "paradise" from the rubble.
[/quote]

LOL, I remember when the loony left use this same nutty idea when it came to George Bush and Cheney.

Jim

Edited by homeschoolmom

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' date='07 January 2010 - 04:28 AM' timestamp='1262856519' post='2031614']
That's why White Land owning males were the ones granted the right to vote. [/quote]
Not the same as an aristocracy.

Italians were also permitted a vote.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='06 January 2010 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1262801413' post='2030942']

One, return the health-care system to a non-profit system, as in the old days.

Two, make a single payer system, AKA universal health-care.
[/quote]
Well that would give everyone health care [i]and[/i] reduce the population. Al Gore would probably invent another internet, he'd be so happy.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='07 January 2010 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1262875074' post='2031718']
Raphael

LOL, I remember when the loony left use this same nutty idea when it came to George Bush and Cheney.

Jim
[/quote]

[size="7"]BUILDING 7!!!!!

:o[/size]

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='07 January 2010 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1262875074' post='2031718']
Raphael

Jim
[/quote]
Probably to build plausible deniability. :P

Sorry, but I think that's what they're doing. Beck had some interesting, although technically circumstantial, evidence that convinced me. Furthermore, I don't think that the Republican and Democrat leaders really have different goals ultimately. I'm a nominal Republican, but that may not last much longer. It wouldn't surprise me if Bush was behind it, too.

Anyway, similar things have been done in history. I don't doubt they will be done again.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Hassan' date='07 January 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1262871305' post='2031662']
You are shockingly disconnected from reality. That is to say that your beliefs in this matter are utterly delusional and asinine.

I'm not sure if Glen Beck is seriously mentally unstable or just an outright charlatan, but either way I wouldn't look to him for clear-headed political analysis.
[/quote]

Eh, He puts theatrics into his show every now and then, isn't that what America wants to keep itself focused on what matters? :mellow: