An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mark Wahlberg

Archaeology cat

Archaeology cat

[url="http://catholicvoteaction.org/blog/amp/index.php?p=385"]Link[/url]

[quote]Monday mornings can be bleak so here’s a nice story to kick-start the week:

Family man Mark Wahlberg says he makes time not just for one date night a week, but two.

The handsome star of The Departed tells UK’s Cosmopolitan magazine that he and his wife Rhea Durham, who are expecting baby #4, still manage to keep the spark alive.

… Mark, 38, goes on to reveal that his very first date with Rhea was not at a posh restaurant or glitzy nightclub, but to church!

“We met through a mutual friend in New York. I asked if she wanted to hang out the next day and she did, so I said, ‘Well, come to church with me.’ She was raised a Christian, not a Catholic like me. She did come – and now she’s converted.” (Celebrity Baby Scoop)

There. Wasn’t that nice?[/quote]

Maybe dUSt should invite him to Phatmass. :mellow:

Wait... how long has he been a practicing Catholic? He got married in August '09 but already has three kids with this woman, the first being born in '03.

Well he seems 'into' his faith... the wikipedia article on him says that he has a rosary tattooed around his neck and he considers it his most "meaningful" tattoo... just the timeline is a let down. *sigh*... I mean I guess he's found true meaning in the faith, but maybe hasn't accepted it entirely. As in... Cafeteria Catholic?

He's from Massachusetts, so he only has cafeteria Catholics as examples. For Hollywood though, he's head and shoulders.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='11 January 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1263243249' post='2034996']
Or maybe he had a bit of a mini conversion and decided to turn his life around, starting by getting married. :)
[/quote]
This.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='11 January 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1263243249' post='2034996']
Or maybe he had a bit of a mini conversion and decided to turn his life around, starting by getting married. :)
[/quote]
+JMJ+
from what i've read, this is it. we should be glad that he is trying to follow his faith. 'there but for the grace of God go I'

Ash Wednesday

I've gotten the impression that, like many of us, his devotion over the years has waxed and waned...but I've always enjoyed his persistent interest in his Catholic background. He strikes me as being one of those guys that embodies the spirit of "once Catholic, always Catholic!" I'm happy to hear he got married. :)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='11 January 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1263245633' post='2035016']
By most accounts it sounds like he used to be quite the jerk.
[/quote]
A lot of us are like that in our youths. Thank God most of us get to live long enough to outgrow it.

You know, good Catholics can and do still make mistakes. that's why God gave us confession! :woot:

Edited by mommas_boy

[quote name='mommas_boy' date='11 January 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1263250667' post='2035053']
You know, good Catholics can and do still make mistakes. that's why God gave us confession! :woot:
[/quote]

3 kids out of wedlock is not a simple "mistake"....

But at least he's out of circulation now and won't be defiling any more women (at least I hope not).

Edited by Norseman82

Hmm. Looks like I misread. I had thought that only one was born out of wedlock. I didn't see that the two were still newlyweds.

Still, as someone else pointed out, "There too, but for the grace of God, go I."

Edited by mommas_boy

homeschoolmom

See, I always get Mark Wahlberg:
[img]http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/mark-wahlberg-shooter-los-angeles-premiere-4ANKEu.jpg[/img]

and Mark Walberg:

[img]http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/M_R/Mi_Mp/MomentOfTruth/Season1/moment-truth02.jpg[/img]

mixed up... And since I watch Antiques Roadshow a lot, I thought of the latter, but we are talking about the former... okay.