An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mark Wahlberg

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Norseman82' date='11 January 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1263251520' post='2035061']
3 kids out of wedlock is not a simple "mistake"....

But at least he's out of circulation now and won't be defiling any more women (at least I hope not).
[/quote]

rude.

God graciously offers forgiveness and reconciliation even for egregious sins. Mr. Wahlberg has sinned in his lifetime (haven't we all??). But it is definitely encouraging to see him making steps toward rectifying the situation, and to see him openly treasuring his faith. It is a testimony to the fact that he, like the rest of us, is on a journey of conversion and growth in faith and obedience.

Perhaps rather than focusing on his past sins (which, for all we know, have quite possibly been absolved) we could celebrate the evidence of grace in his life and that of his family. I think it's wonderful, for example, that he has influenced his wife to convert to the faith. Perhaps we can all pray for his and his family's continuing conversion and growth, particularly since he holds such a position of cultural influence.

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='11 January 2010 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1263257635' post='2035094']
God graciously offers forgiveness and reconciliation even for egregious sins. Mr. Wahlberg has sinned in his lifetime (haven't we all??). But it is definitely encouraging to see him making steps toward rectifying the situation, and to see him openly treasuring his faith. It is a testimony to the fact that he, like the rest of us, is on a journey of conversion and growth in faith and obedience.

Perhaps rather than focusing on his past sins (which, for all we know, have quite possibly been absolved) we could celebrate the evidence of grace in his life and that of his family. I think it's wonderful, for example, that he has influenced his wife to convert to the faith. Perhaps we can all pray for his and his family's continuing conversion and growth, particularly since he holds such a position of cultural influence.
[/quote]
Agree completely. I hope he has put movies like "Boogie Nights" behind him forever.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='11 January 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1263257635' post='2035094']

[/quote]

For serious. :cool:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='12 January 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1263257635' post='2035094']

[/quote]
Definitely. All of us have sinned and messed up, and thankfully God graciously forgives.

Ash Wednesday

He apparently had quite a violent childhood filled with a number of criminal incidents. That is to say, before his days of "Good Vibrations" and underwear modeling. He also flirted with Buddhism for a while. I think Hollywood also could have taken him in a lot of different directions, so it certainly shows God's grace is at work to see he's recently married in the Church and remains a Catholic.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='11 January 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1263257635' post='2035094']

[/quote]

This. Good job, Terra.

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='12 January 2010 - 10:18 AM' timestamp='1263309498' post='2035338']
I'll never forgive him for being in "The Happening".
[/quote]

What! why?

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='12 January 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1263341962' post='2035675']
What! why?
[/quote]
Because it was croutons.

KeenanParkerII

Wait a minute.. His gf was raised "Christian" but he was raised "Catholic". Does anyone else see a little bit of a GINORMOUS ERROR here. :annoyed:

[quote name='pvtmiller' date='13 January 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1263366795' post='2035993']
Yeah Marky Mark is a jerk in real life

have you not heard about some of the stuff he has done
[/quote]
Was. Not necessarily is.