An Old School Catholic Message Board

“It’S Not The ‘Kennedy Seat"

add

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='20 January 2010 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1263965751' post='2040598']
Boom!
[/quote]

SHAKE and BAKE!!! THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! :unclesam:

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='20 January 2010 - 08:52 AM' timestamp='1263995549' post='2040707']
The new guy is pro-abortion and pro-torture, too. Why the celebration?

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

[quote name='apparently' date='19 January 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1263942378' post='2040351']
Like it or not, this election will be a repudiation of Obama and all of his policies, especially healthcare.
[/quote]

Well Scott Brown rejected this idea, that his election was a statement against Obama. Instead, he said it was the frustration people have over partisan politics in Congress.

I agree.

When Obama went to Congress to get a stimulus plan, he outlined a very conservative approach, with most of the funding going toward job creation. It was about $300 billion. After Nancy Pelosi and the democrats in congress were done, it was $800 billion with billions going to things not having anything to do with stimulating the economy. The same is true for the health-care.

The fault with Obama is, he lacks the leaderships skills to get the democrats controlling congress, to get what he wants, and instead, accepts the non-sense they've come up with.

Jim

[quote name='Winchester' date='20 January 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1264000516' post='2040744']
Another fault is that what he wants is tyranny.
[/quote]

obama said today, the fault is the last eight bush years, :shock: yea! that's it

[quote name='apparently' date='20 January 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1264030685' post='2041103']
obama said today, the fault is the last eight bush years, [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/shock.gif[/img] yea! that's it
[/quote]

Actually, he was saying that it was the frustration the American people had over the last 8 years that got himself elected, and the same continued frustration that got Brown elected.

He's actually right. Most people here in Mass that I know who voted for brown, cite Nancy Pelosi and congress as their reason for going with Brown, than Obama.

Jim

Well, [i]half[/i] the American people. The elections have been close. In this one, they swung the other way.

And the Electoral College failed the United States.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='21 January 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1264083007' post='2041417']
Actually, he was saying that it was the frustration the American people had over the last 8 years that got himself elected, and the same continued frustration that got Brown elected.

He's actually right. Most people here in Mass that I know who voted for brown, cite Nancy Pelosi and congress as their reason for going with Brown, than Obama.

Jim
[/quote]

How do you figure he's right? Nancy Pelosi and congress are new wave. Isn't President Obama's 8 year reference, the 2 four year terms of the former?

That is the way I took it.

[quote name='apparently' date='21 January 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1264113164' post='2041845']
How do you figure he's right? Nancy Pelosi and congress are new wave. Isn't President Obama's 8 year reference, the 2 four year terms of the former?

That is the way I took it.
[/quote]

Nancy Pelosi has been in congress for a good while. When the Democrats took over, she merely returned the old big government big spending principles of the past. She did exactly the opposite of what people wanted, including much of what Obama wanted.

He wanted a job stimulus package, she gave him a huge social spending bill, with money going to special interest groups and social programs., that will do nothing to stimulate the economy.

Obama's fault right now as I see it, is his lack of leadership skills, in that, he can't control Pelosi and Reid and get them to follow his agenda.

Instead they follow 25% of his agenda and 75% of their own, which is disastrous for this nation.

The people I talk to here in Massachusetts, saw this and voted accordingly, as Martha Coakley is a Pelosi type feminist liberal. No way were the voters going to add another Pelosi to congres.

Jim

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='22 January 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1264175701' post='2042239']
Nancy Pelosi has been in congress for a good while. When the Democrats took over, she merely returned the old big government big spending principles of the past. She did exactly the opposite of what people wanted, including much of what Obama wanted.

He wanted a job stimulus package, she gave him a huge social spending bill, with money going to special interest groups and social programs., that will do nothing to stimulate the economy.

Obama's fault right now as I see it, is his lack of leadership skills, in that, he can't control Pelosi and Reid and get them to follow his agenda.

Instead they follow 25% of his agenda and 75% of their own, which is disastrous for this nation.

The people I talk to here in Massachusetts, saw this and voted accordingly, as Martha Coakley is a Pelosi type feminist liberal. No way were the voters going to add another Pelosi to congres.

Jim
[/quote]

Obama, Pelosi and Reid are a team. i do not see them acting independently and/or anyone of them admitting they were wrong. The current democratic team is in complete disarray; because there staunchest, biggest supporter was Teddy Kennedy. Tuesday' selection will most likely [size="7"]abort [/size]the Obama-care health plan. I dare say that opposition to the funding of abortion is the real reason for all the disparagement, this week.

Edited by apparently

[quote name='apparently' date='22 January 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1264202714' post='2042458']
Obama, Pelosi and Reid are a team. i do not see them acting independently and/or anyone of them admitting they were wrong. The current democratic team is in complete disarray; because there staunchest, biggest supporter was Teddy Kennedy. Tuesday' selection will most likely [size="7"]abort [/size]the Obama-care health plan. I dare say that opposition to the funding of abortion is the real reason for all the disparagement, this week.
[/quote]

Actually, Obama and Pelosi had strong disagreements from early on. Reid, I don't think he's capable of disagreeing with
anyone.

Here's an article on a poll taken in Massachusetts after the election which shows why voters went with Brown.

It has more to do with Congress than Obama.

[quote]
New poll finds voter anger drove results of Mass. election

Dissatisfaction with the direction of the country, antipathy toward federal-government activism and opposition to the Democrats' health-care proposals drove the upset election of Republican senatorial candidate Scott Brown in Massachusetts, according to a post-election survey of state voters.

[url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/22/AR2010012203167.html?wpisrc=newsletter"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/22/AR2010012203167.html?wpisrc=newsletter[/url]

[/quote]

Jim