An Old School Catholic Message Board

“It’S Not The ‘Kennedy Seat"

add

Certainly polls never manipulate to achieve preconceived notions.

I have very little faith in polls from any camp. Without knowing the questions, the people questioned and the person who intiated the poll, they're simply not dependable.

Unless they agree with me; in which case, they may as well slap them in the Bible.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='23 January 2010 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1264264943' post='2042840']
Actually, Obama and Pelosi had strong disagreements from early on. Reid, I don't think he's capable of disagreeing with
anyone.

Here's an article on a poll taken in Massachusetts after the election which shows why voters went with Brown.

It has more to do with Congress than Obama.

Jim
[/quote]
Jim

Congress is controlled by democrats

Obama is the democrat leader

Bipartisan was preached, but openly and arrogantly ignored in practice

Gang rule is what turned the electorate

[quote name='Winchester' date='23 January 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1264288594' post='2043074']
That's the worst poem I've ever read.
[/quote]

really
number 1
cool

[quote name='Winchester' date='23 January 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1264298121' post='2043169']
Now you're trying too hard.
[/quote]
now I’m trying -wearisome

[center][i]Life Of The Dung Beetle[/i]
[/center]

Rolling around
his perfect little ball
no problems in life
no tension at all.

He makes sure
his wife gets plenty
she'll be upset
if the food is linty.

In their stinky hole
all through the night
too full to move
until morning light.

Go to work early
like a good husband should
daydreaming of dinner
isn't life good!

By Sir Mister Pestiferous

Edited by apparently

[quote]
Congress is controlled by democrats
[/quote]

Yup.

[quote]
Obama is the democrat leader
[/quote]

Actually, he's not, and this I fault him for.

The Democrats in the house and senate have been ignoring the president and doing their own thing. Remember, Obama's stimulus was about $300 billion, and targeted jobs. By the time Pelosi and the house democrats were done, it was $850 billion. Reid and the Senate democrats scaled it back but added some of their own pork projects, and it came in at around $800. Also, there is no oversight to see where the money is being spent. Again, I fault Obama for this. Here in Massachusetts, the pro-democrat Boston Globe wrote a scathing article of where the stimulus was being spent and how it created zero jobs. Such things like funding Head Start out in Springfield with $250,000. The organization didn't hire one new person, but instead, gave their current staff raises.

Jim

I do see is some saying that Brown has been on the wrong side of the argument, BUT there is hope for him if we pray. He is by far the lesser of two evils and at least there is some hope for him. God bless.
[color="red"]

Guest Editorial: [/color] Meeting Senator Elect Scott BrownBy Rev. Rob Schenck
1/26/2010[b]Catholic Online ([url="http://www.catholic.org/"]www.catholic.org[/url])[/b]

'Let's resolve to pray for Senator-elect Brown and his family, encourage him in what's good and lovingly admonish him in the areas that are not good. He may not be done making history.'
[url="http://www.catholic.org/photos/photo.php?news=35291"][img]http://www.catholic.org/images/ins_news/2010014454.jpg[/img][/url]
Rev. Rob Schenck (kneeling) maintains a ministry office across the street from the US Supreme Court, one block from the U.S. Capitol and ten minutes from the White House. He is known on Capitol Hill where he ministers to those who serve in Government. He is a stalwart defender of children in the womb and a prophetic voice.
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Catholic Online)

• 2 weeks later...

BOSTON — Republican Scott Brown may be taking over Democrat Edward Kennedy's Senate seat but not his desk.

An aide says Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry is having a hissy-fit over getting the mahogany desk because he has nothing better to do with his time and because [quote]"it is not the people's desk, it's the Kennedy desk"[/quote]

[quote name='apparently' date='04 February 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1265323359' post='2051315']
BOSTON — Republican Scott Brown may be taking over Democrat Edward Kennedy's Senate seat but not his desk.

An aide says Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry is having a hissy-fit over getting the mahogany desk because he has nothing better to do with his time and because
[/quote]

Junior Senators usually don't get the former senior senators office. Kerry is right that he now being the senior senator, gets first dibs on Kennedy's office and furniture.

Jim