An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominican Sisters In Justice, Illinois

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

Praised be Jesus Christ!

Greetings from the Dominican Sisters of the Immaculate Conception!

February 12-14 our Community invites women ages 18-35 to a Come& See Weekend where they will be 1) exposed to the Dominican charism, spirituality and mission of our Congregation; 2) meet the sisters; and 3) advance their vocational discernment by means of talks, Q&A, time of reflection, etc. Could you please help to spread the word through:

1. Personal invitation of women who are discerning

2. Forwarding this message to your friends

3. Posting our ads about the event

4. Prayer in our intention?

Thank you very much for your support of vocations to religious life and our community. I am looking forward to hearing from you!

With prayers and Dominican joy,

Sr. Margaret Lekan, OP

Vocation Director

Dominican Sisters of the Immaculate Conception

(708) 458-3040

www.sistersop.com

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Hilde' date='19 January 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1263922366' post='2040181']
Dominicans FTW!!!1!

I live a little...umm...far away, though.
[/quote]

So... not to :hijack: this thread or anything (sorry, dominicansoul! :blush: ), but could you make it to England that weekend? :D The [url="http://www.dominicansrs.co.uk"]Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph[/url] are also having a "Come and See" that very same weekend. Coincidence?

:whistle:

I think not.

:hehe:

laetitia crucis

P.S. [url="http://www.sistersop.com/"]Dominican Sisters - Justice, IL[/url]

Just in case others are a tad lazy like me.... too lazy to copy and paste. :sweat:

Also, I like that they included this description about their retreat. Very helpful! :)

[quote]This weekend retreat will help you to learn and begin to apply some of the rules of discernment. We will attempt to pin point most crucial moments in our day-to-day life that can keep us better attuned to the voice of God. The time of prayer, reflection and fun with the Dominican Sisters will advance you in your discernment process.
[/quote]

[quote name='Hilde' date='19 January 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1263926145' post='2040207']
Lol, :lol: that's interesting. There's always ryanair.

I've been to Cornwall before, it must be pretty close.
[/quote]

For a given value of "close." ;)

The AA assures me it is just under 190 miles to drive from Newquay to Lymington, and the trains website says six and a half hours and three changes on the trains. I'd suggest flying into Southampton and getting the train to Brockenhurst - the Sisters can meet you there (the taxi service at Brockenhurst station is awful).

If it's easier to fly into London, trains to Brockenhurst from London leave from Waterloo station.

dominicansoul

What I loved about these Sister's discernment retreats, is that they are not totally focused on just the religious vocation...the Sisters are instrumental in making one's choices a bit clearer, whether that be for the religious life, or consecrated virginity, to marriage...

...the Holy Spirit is truly with them!

This is one community I've considered visiting. Unfortunately, vocation plans have to be on hold for me what with my lack of a spiritual director, severe depression that's no where near healed, and family drama.

Besides, I think I might be more likely to get married.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='tinytherese' date='20 January 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1263966565' post='2040610']
Besides, I think I might be more likely to get married.
[/quote]

...to Jeeesus? ;) :love:

Hee. :D

No worries, I know what you meant -- I'm just a little silly being up this early in the morning. [b]But[/b] you never know what surprises our Lord has in store for you. Sometimes He likes to keep us on our toes. Watch out for that unexpected "curve ball" called "religious vocation"!

:ninja:

[quote name='Hilde' date='19 January 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1263932893' post='2040287']
AA?
[/quote]

The [url="http://www.theaa.com/"]Automobile Association[/url]. It's a motoring organisation that provides various services, one of which is an extremely useful [url="http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp"]route planner[/url].

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

These Dominicans in IL are wonderful. I met two of them at a conference awhile back and they were very sweet. They were very caring and hospitable, even though they weren't at home!

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='20 January 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1263984990' post='2040678']
...to Jeeesus? ;) :love:

Hee. :D

No worries, I know what you meant -- I'm just a little silly being up this early in the morning. [b]But[/b] you never know what surprises our Lord has in store for you. Sometimes He likes to keep us on our toes. Watch out for that unexpected "curve ball" called "religious vocation"!

:ninja:
[/quote]

Oh my, another curve ball? :D I've "dumped" Our Lord vocation wise six times already and we've taken two breaks. He just had to go all complicated on me by giving me a dark night of the soul for over three years and then depression hit me a few months ago. My, our relationship is odd. We're like Marion and Indiana Jones. When I'm single, I feel happy and when I've been discerning over the past few years I've been miserable. I felt such peace ending it months ago, but Our Lord sure is persistant. This is where a spiritual director would come in handy. <_<

Edited by tinytherese

[quote name='tinytherese' date='20 January 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1264026953' post='2041056']
Oh my, another curve ball? :D I've "dumped" Our Lord vocation wise six times already and we've taken two breaks. He just had to go all complicated on me by giving me a dark night of the soul for over three years and then depression hit me a few months ago. My, our relationship is odd. We're like Marion and Indiana Jones. When I'm single, I feel happy and when I've been discerning over the past few years I've been miserable. I felt such peace ending it months ago, but Our Lord sure is persistant. This is where a spiritual director would come in handy. <_<
[/quote]

I think this article can help you with self spiritual direction a bit.
http://www.lafayettecarmelites.org/god_calling.php

• 3 weeks later...