An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Catholic Monarch Of Prophecy

kafka

http://trueandholyeucharist.blogspot.com/2010/01/gcm-ii.html

The Great Catholic Monarch of Prophecy articles will be abbreviated in the title as GCM.

All the private revelations are drawn from Fr. Culleton's book "The Prophets and Our Times" available from the publisher Tan Books. He compiled and edited a large number of private revelations concerning the End Times with little commentary of his own. I recommend it to all who are interested in eschatology.

St. Cataldus of Tarentino

"The Great Monarch will be in war till he is 40 years of age; a King of the House of Lily, he will assemble great armies expel tyrants from his empire. He will conquer England and other island empires. Greece he will invade and be made king thereof. Clochis, Cyprus, the Turks and barbarians he will subdue and have all men to worship the Crucified One. He will at length lay down his crown in Jerusalem."

Saint Cataldus was born in Ireland. As a monk he took a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. On the return trip he was shipwrecked and ended up in the Italian town of Tarentino where he was made a bishop. He died around the year 485.

The war of the Great Monarch I will call World War IV. He is at war until the age of forty and this is significant as we will later learn when I apply it to a passage from the Prophecy of Daniel. A King of the House of Lily refers to his royal French lineage and birthright to rule an empire. He is prominent in assembling great armies, these armies I will simply call the Allies. The tyrants he expels from his empire are the extremist Muslims. Islam was yet to be established when Saint Cataldus recorded this prophecy, so he uses his historical context and simply calls them tyrants, barbarians, Turks. Notice the wide range of areas he will conquer from England to Colchis (which is modern day Georgia), down to Greece, Cyprus, even to Jerusalem where he will at length lay down his crown. All these areas to be conquered by the Great Monarch imply a previous war otherwise why would he have to conquer and expel tyrants in the first place? This previous war I will call World War III. The men he rules will worship Jesus Christ the Crucified One. So this implies his kingdom will be marked by holiness.

St. Caesar of Arles (469-543) was the bishop of Arles, France for many years. What I like about him is that he encouraged his lay faithful to read Sacred Scripture at home and to treat it with the same sort of reverence as one would treat the Sacraments.

"When the entire world, and in a special manner France, and in France more particularly the provinces of the North, of the east, and above all, that of Lorraine and Champagne, shall have been a prey to the greatest miseries and trials, then the provinces shall be succoured by a prince who had been exiled in his youth, and who shall recover the crown of the lilies."

The entire world will be affected by World War III. France and all of Europe from England to Georgia to Turkey to Italy back North to Scandinavia will be conquered by the extremist Muslim federation after God initiates his End Times. This war will cause a world wide famine, civil strife and death by various causes. The Prince referred to here is the Great Monarch before he is crowned to rule, hence the word Prince and not King. He is exiled in his youth due to World War III, yet he will return with the Allied armies initiating World War IV. At this point I will simply say that it is my opinion that his temporary exile will be in the United States. He recovers his crown in part by the great deeds of his war. Saint Caesar's prophecy continues:

"This prince shall extend his dominion over the entire universe. At the same time there will be a great Pope, who will be most eminent in sanctity and most perfect in every quality. This Pope shall have with him, the Great Monarch, a most virtuous man, who shall be a scion of the holy race of the French kings. This Great Monarch will assist the Pope in the reformation of the whole earth."

The Great Monarch will eventually reign over a large area of the world, yet his reign will be a good influence over the entire world. The holy Pope is the one known in other prophecies as the Angelic Shepherd. The reformation of the whole earth is what I will call the Era of Peace where the Gospel will have great success and the Church will rapidly advance in holiness, wisdom, and stature. The prophecy continues:

"Many princes and nations that are living in error and impiety shall be converted, and an admirable peace shall reign among men during many years, because the wrath of God shall be appeased through their repentance, penance, and good works. There will be one common law one only faith, one baptism, one religion. All nations shall recognize the Holy See of Rome, and shall pay homage to the Pope. But after some considerable time fervour shall cool, iniquity shall abound, and moral corruption shall become worse than ever, which shall bring upon mankind the last and worse persecution of Antichrist, and the end of the world."

So what we learn here is that there is a differentiation between the events of the End Times which I will simply call the Tribulation from here on forward. The first part of the Tribulation is marked by the two wars, namely WWIII and WWIV both related to the Great Monarch culminating in the Era of Peace. Then fervour cools, because those holy people who lived through the first part of the Tribulation and Era of Peace will eventually die out. Then the world will start becoming evil again even worse than the time before and during the first part of the Tribulation. This succesion of evil will reach its extreme point during the rise and reign of Antichrist and be destroyed by the Return of Jesus Christ.

Edited by kafka

http://trueandholyeucharist.blogspot.com/2010/01/gcm-private-revelation-iii.html

Abbot Joachim of Fiore was an abbot of the monks of Corazzo, Italy. In his day he was well known as a mystic and theologian. He died in 1202 a.d.

Here is his private prophecy:

"After many prolonged sufferings endured by Christians, and after a too great effusion of innocent blood, the Lord shall give peace and happiness to the desolated nations. A remarkable Pope will be seated on the pontifical throne, under the special protection of the angels. Holy and full of gentleness, he shall undo all wrong, he shall recover the states of the Church, and reunite the exiled temporal powers. He shall be revered by all people, and shall recover the kingdom of Jerusalem. As the only Pastor he shall reunite the Eastern to the Western Church, and thus one only faith will be in vigour. The sanctity of this beneficent Pontiff will be so great that the highest potentates shall bow down before his presence. This holy man shall crush the arrogance of religious schism and heresy. All men will return to the primitive Church, and there shall be one only pastor, one law, one master-humble, modest, and fearing God (Pope). The true God of the Jews, our Lord Jesus Christ, will make everything prosper beyond all human hope, because God alone can and will pour down on the wounds of humanity the oily balm of sweetness."

The Pope prophesied here is the Angelic Shepherd. He will be the Pope elected during the last decade of the first part of the Tribulation. It is firmly fixed in my mind that he is the Catholic priest and mystic Zlatko Sudac from the diocese of Krk, Croatia. The great effusion of innocent blood is the Great Martyrdom of Catholics in Europe during the occupation of the united extremist Muslim federation as a result of WWIII.

The Angelic Shepherd will reunite the exiled temporal powers, meaning all those European leaders forced into exile as a result of WWIII. So he will be working in exile, thus the Holy See will be in exile from Vatican City as a result of WWIII, in my opinion without anything to substantiate it thus far: in the United States. He will recover the kingdom of Jerusalem not by himself, but through the help of the Allies and the great Catholic monarch, encouraging them to initiate WWIV. His holiness and influence will be so great that he will reunite all or most of the Eastern Orthodox Churches with the Roman Catholic Church. All men returning to the Primitive Church refers to the Protestant Churches reuniting with the Roman Catholic Church around the same period of time before WWIV. Toward the end this paragraph the prophecy is expressing him as a gift of God to heal all the wounds in the Church and the world. And the prospering will occur during the Era of Peace after the sufferings of the first part of the Tribulation is complete.

"The power of this Pontiff's holiness will be so great as to be able to check the fury and impetuosity of threatening waves. Mountains shall be lowered before him, the sea shall be dried up, the dead shall be raised, the churches shall be reopened and altars erected."

The Angelic Shepherd will work many miracles.

"It should be known that there will be two heads, one in the East, and the other in the West. This Pope shall break the weapons and scatter the fighting hordes. He will be the joy of God's elect. This angelic Pope will preach the gospel in every country. Through his zeal and solicitude the Greek Church shall be forever reunited to the Catholic Church."

The head in the East will be the Basilica of Jerusalem built during the Era of Peace. This will be considered the heart of worship in the reunited Catholic Church. Perhaps the Angelic Shepherd will give this Church to the head of the Eastern Orthodox Church. The Head in the West is obviously Rome where the Pope will continue to reign, however it will need to be rebuilt after the wars during the Era of Peace.

"Before, however, being firmly and solidly established in the Holy See, there will be innumerable wars and violent conflicts during which the sacred throne shall be shaken. But through the favor of Divine clemency, moved by the prayers of the faithful, everything will succeed so well that they shall be able to sing hymns of thanksgiving to the glory of the Lord."

The wars are WWIII and WWIV. The violent conflicts will be the civil strife as a result of these wars especially the first one WWIII. In the midst of all this suffering the Church will undergo a transformation, or better put a transfiguration.

"This holy Pope shall be both pastor and reformer. Through him the East and West shall be in everlasting concord. The city of Babylon shall then be the head and guide of the world. Rome, weakened in temporal power, shall forever preserve her spiritual dominion, and shall enjoy great peace. During these happy days the Angelic Pope shall be able to address to Heaven prayers full of sweetness. The dispersed nation (Jews) shall also enjoy tranquility. Six and a half years after this time the Pope will render his soul to God. The end of his days shall arrive in an arid province, situated between a river and a lake near the mountains. . . ."

"At the beginning, in order to obtain these happy results, having need of a powerful temporal assistance, this holy Pontiff will ask the cooperation of the generous monarch of France. At that time a handsome monarch, a scion of King Pepin, will come as a pilgrim to witness the splendor of this glorious pontiff, whose name shall begin with R . . . A temporal throne becoming vacant, the Pope shall place on it this king whose assistance he shall ask."

The Angelic Shepherd will exercise his temporal power over the nations (infallibly taught in Unam Sanctam) by crowning the great Catholic monarch as secular ruler over the areas recovered in WWIV. And they will work together to rebuild the Church and the world, greatly damaged by the events of the first part of the Tribulation.

and just a reminder to everyone most of this is in Sacred Scripture either explicitly or in a hidden implicit manner. Now obviously Fr. Zlatko isnt in Scripture but the figure of the Angelic Shepherd is in Scripture implicitly. Hopefully I will make it there. :)

Edited by kafka

Might I ask why you believe Fr. Sudac in particular to be such a central figure? Why is he, out of any possible person, the Angelic Shepherd?

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='kafka' date='20 January 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1264024563' post='2041023']
stuff
[/quote]
On a different note, what's your gender? Just curious.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 January 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1264195245' post='2042384']
Might I ask why you believe Fr. Sudac in particular to be such a central figure? Why is he, out of any possible person, the Angelic Shepherd?
[/quote]
not yet. it should become clear as I go on.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='22 January 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1264195589' post='2042388']
You know Joachim of Fiore was condemned, right?
[/quote]
I dont know what you mean by condemned. He submitted his theological writings to Pope Innocent III to be reviewed, but he died before any judgment was made.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='22 January 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1264195728' post='2042391']
On a different note, what's your gender? Just curious.
[/quote]
male. what is is dissembled on the profile?

[quote name='kafka' date='22 January 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1264195904' post='2042394']
not yet. it should become clear as I go on.

[/quote]
Fair enough. I'll keep reading. :)

I was trying to visualize the destruction of Rome by a Muslim army. I guess the Sistine Chapel's ceiling would definitely be destroyed since it has pictures of humans.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 January 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1264196085' post='2042398']
Fair enough. I'll keep reading. :)
[/quote]
it is just a matter of letting things flow efficiently. There really was no need of me to get ahead of myself, but I really just wanted to throw that in there, because I am so convinced and I love him. Plus the whole nature of the commentary is me getting ahead of myself. I am throwing all these ideas out early for the sake of clarity and unity. I still have probably thirty more posts to go.

Edited by kafka

[quote name='kafka' date='22 January 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1264196321' post='2042404']
it is just a matter of letting things flow efficiently. There really was no need of me to get ahead of myself, but I really just wanted to through that in there, because I am so convinced and I love him. Plus the whole nature of the commentary is me getting ahead of myself. I am throwing all these ideas out early for the sake of clarity and unity. I still have probably thirty more posts to go.
[/quote]
I recalled you talking about him before as the Angelic Shepherd, and he does seem like a very good man. :)

[quote name='zunshynn' date='22 January 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1264195589' post='2042388']
You know Joachim of Fiore was condemned, right?
[/quote]
I see what you mean. Some of his theological writings were condemned as heretical after his death.

That is true, though what I quoted is a private revelation of his. It is clear to me that it is from God, but that is my opinion.

I always seem to get the impression that the Great Monarch is a revived version of the Holy Roman Emperor. Is that right? Don't some people think he will be of Hapsburg descent?

S.

[quote name='Skinzo' date='22 January 2010 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1264201363' post='2042437']
I always seem to get the impression that the Great Monarch is a revived version of the Holy Roman Emperor. Is that right? Don't some people think he will be of Hapsburg descent?

S.
[/quote]
that should clear up as we go ;)

http://trueandholyeucharist.blogspot.com/2010/01/gcm-private-revelation-iii_23.html

Werdin d'Otrante (13th cent.) All I know about his is that he was a French abbot.

"The Great Monarch and the Great Pope will precede Antichrist."

There is distinction in the Tribulation namely a first part and a second part. Antichrist is not in the world today and will not come until long after the reign of the Great Monarch in the Era of Peace.

"The nations will be in wars for four years and a great part of the world will be destroyed. All the sects will vanish. The capital of the world will fall. The Pope will go over the sea carrying the sign of redemption on his forehead, and after the victory of the Pope and the Great Monarch peace will reign on earth."

WWIV will last about four years and end when the great Catholic monarch is forty years of age. A great part of the world will be destroyed because WWIV is an all out nuclear war between the Allies and the extremist Muslim nation occupying Europe. After the war the Angelic Shepherd will cross the Atlantic back into Europe. The sign of redemption on his forehead is the seal written of by Saint John the Apostle in the Book of Revelation. Fr. Zlatko Sudac is the only one I know of that is presealed. He first received the stigmata in the form of a cross upon his forehead in May of 1999 a week after the beautification of Padre Pio. Then on the feast day of Saint Francis of Assisi October 4th of 2000 he received the gift of the stigmata on his wrists, side and feet.

"The Pope will cross the sea in a year when the Feast of St. George [April 23rd] falls on Good Friday, and St. Mark's feast [April 25th] falls on Easter Sunday, and the feast of St. Anthony [June 13th] falls on Pentecost and the feast of St. John the Baptist [June 24th] falls on Corpus Christi"

The merging of these feast days occurs next in the year 2038.

Prophecy of Orval (13 cent.) This prophecy came from the Cistercian Abbey of Orval. Unnamed probably due to the recipient's humility.

"Howl, ye sons of Brutus.' Call upon you the wild beasts, which are ready to devour you. God alone is great! What booming of arms! There is not yet a full number of moons, and, behold, many warriors are coming. What fire goes together with his arrows! Ten times six moons, and again six times ten moons have nourished his wrath. Woes to thee, populous city! Behold kings armed by the Lord! . . . But fire hath already burned thee to the ground. . . . Thy just ones, however, shall not perish; God has heard them; the place of wickedness is purged by fire; the ample river has carried to the sea its waters all red with blood."

Sons of Brutus is a metaphor for the Europeans. The wild beasts are the extremist Muslims. Booming of arms, fire with arrows, fire burning to the ground are all in my opinion metaphors for the nuclear weapons used in WWIV. The city in this passage is Paris. Paris will be utterly destroyed by nuclear weapons. The river referred to might be the Seine.

"It is finished. The mountain of God desolated has cried to God, the children of Juda have invoked God from a strange land, and behold, God is no longer deaf. France, that appeared disintegrated, is on the point of being united. God loves peace. Come, young Prince, leave the Island of Captivity. Join the lion to the white flower. Come. God wills what has been foreseen. The ancient blood of centuries will also put an end to long divisions. Then shall be seen in France one shepherd only."

Mount Zion is used in the Book of Psalms as a implicit expression of the Church, so the mountain of God above is a metaphor for the Church, as is children of Juda. The young Prince is the great Catholic monarch. Leave the Island of Captivity refers to the temporal exile from the throne he inherited from of his his great grandfather Blessed Charles of Austria. After WWI Blessed Charles died in exile on the Portuguese Island of Madeira because he refused to abdicate his right over Austria and Hungary. The lion is the Hapsburg coat of arms, and the white flower is the French coat of arms (the Fleur de lis). So he will be a descendant from both of these royal lines as well as reunite them in his reign over all the areas won back as a result of WWIV.

"The powerful man, assisted by God, will establish himself well. Many wise laws shall restore peace. The scion of Capet will be so prudent and wise that all men will believe God to be with him. Thanks to the Father of mercies, the Holy Sion [Catholic Church] sings again in the temples, One only God. Many poor wandering sheep shall come to drink of the living spring of truth and grace. Three princes and kings shall throw off the garb of error, and will see clearly in the faith of God. At this time two-thirds of a great nation of the sea shall return to the true faith.."

So this part of the passage refer to the great Catholic monarch. He is a wise and peaceful ruler. House of Capet is a royal French dynasty which included King Saint Louis IX. It succeeded the Carolingian dynasty, and later passed the throne of France to the House of Valois. The House of Valois passed the throne to the House of Bourben, and the House of Orleans, both descended from Saint Louis IX. So the great Catholic monarch will be a descendant of the Capetians, the most famous being Saint Louis IX. The three princes and kings probably include different leaders of Europe, one perhaps the English prince or king of that time of the first part of the Tribulation. The great nation of the sea would in my opinion be England, so the Anglicans will reunite to the Roman Catholic Church during the first part of the Tribulation.

Could the term Monarch be a tag that doesn't necessarily mean he will rule as a King? I know he is supposed to be from the royal lines you mentioned, but is it possible that he will actually "rule" as a President or Prime Minister?