An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Catholic Monarch Of Prophecy

kafka

so much for a day off. Here is my little pre-intro into the Sacred Scripture section of the study. I will also do another intro ;)

http://trueandholyeucharist.blogspot.com/2010/01/gcm-divine-revelation-xi-sacred.html

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' date='30 January 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1264884692' post='2047852']
so much for a day off. Here is my little pre-intro into the Sacred Scripture section of the study. I will also do another intro ;)

http://trueandholyeucharist.blogspot.com/2010/01/gcm-divine-revelation-xi-sacred.html
[/quote]
Sacred Scripture to not superior to the Magisterium. Together with Sacred Tradition they are the foundation of the Church, no one is more important than the other.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='30 January 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1264893325' post='2047937']
Sacred Scripture to not superior to the Magisterium. Together with Sacred Tradition they are the foundation of the Church, no one is more important than the other.
[/quote]

yes indeed.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='30 January 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1264893325' post='2047937']
[/quote]
I disagree. There is a subtle matter of distinction or degree or relative opposition. My speculative opinion is that there is distinction and relative opposition and or degree between the three. The Deeds of God (Tradition) are the greatest in distinction. The Words of God (Scripture) are next in distinction, since without the Deeds of God there would be no Words of God, and third in distinction is the Magisterium which is dependent upon The Deeds and Words of God to draw teachings from and present them to the Faithful as certain truths for the full sacred assent of Faith. All three distinctions/degree/relative oppositions inherently make up one perfect and infallible gift of God to men for there salvation and first for God's glory.

Divine Revelation (Tradition-Scripture-Magisterium) is one other than where there is relative opposition/distinction/degree/dependency.

For example the salvific Deed of Jesus Christ dying on the Cross is greater than the Words expressing this Deed and both are greater than the Magisterium infallibly teaching this Deed, since salvation is in the Deed itself.

Edited by kafka

and I made my one response

I dont want this to turn into a debate here on that subject. I could have clarified all this in that blog, but I wanted to focus on just how great Scripture is at that particular point since I will be commenting on Scripture passages.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' date='31 January 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1264965404' post='2048346']
I disagree. There is a subtle matter of distinction or degree or relative opposition. My speculative opinion is that there is distinction and relative opposition and or degree between the three. The Deeds of God (Tradition) are the greatest in distinction. The Words of God (Scripture) are next in distinction, since without the Deeds of God there would be no Words of God, and third in distinction is the Magisterium which is dependent upon The Deeds and Words of God to draw teachings from and present them to the Faithful as certain truths for the full sacred assent of Faith. All three distinctions/degree/relative oppositions inherently make up one perfect and infallible gift of God to men for there salvation and first for God's glory.

Divine Revelation (Tradition-Scripture-Magisterium) is one other than where there is relative opposition/distinction/degree/dependency.

For example the salvific Deed of Jesus Christ dying on the Cross is greater than the Words expressing this Deed and both are greater than the Magisterium infallibly teaching this Deed, since salvation is in the Deed itself.
[/quote]
In the interests of other people who read this, we have to be clear of what Church teaching is and is not. I am not going to debate either, I am simply reinterating the teaching of the Church. Dogma is not open to speculation. With that caveat, its interesting reading.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='31 January 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1264990264' post='2048596']
In the interests of other people who read this, we have to be clear of what Church teaching is and is not. I am not going to debate either, I am simply reinterating the teaching of the Church. Dogma is not open to speculation. With that caveat, its interesting reading.
[/quote]
Which is fine. All three are essential for salvation, so in that sense they are equal. However what seems to be implied in the dogma is that there is relative opposition, degree, order, dependency, etc. so that could be a new insight to help people in the future but that is speculative (although it is clear to me). It doesnt change the dogma though, it builds off of it, just like the dogma of the Trinity. It wasnt until I think the Lateran council until the Magisterium taught the very refined dogma that 'God is One other than where there is relative opposition.'

Where I am going to take the Great Catholic Monarch study next is a commentary on some of the
Prophecies of Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Habbakuk, Haggai, Zechariah, the Psalms, a little of Macchabees, a little of Wisdom, a little of Matthew, and a few Chapters of Revelation. Then one last article to reveal who I think he is and why.

But I need a day or two off. I got a stomach bug and am tired.

Edited by kafka

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' date='01 February 2010 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1265067185' post='2049215']
Which is fine. All three are essential for salvation, so in that sense they are equal. However what seems to be implied in the dogma is that there is relative opposition, degree, order, dependency, etc. so that could be a new insight to help people in the future but that is speculative (although it is clear to me). It doesnt change the dogma though, it builds off of it, just like the dogma of the Trinity. It wasnt until I think the Lateran council until the Magisterium taught the very refined dogma that 'God is One other than where there is relative opposition.'

Where I am going to take the Great Catholic Monarch study next is a commentary on some of the
Prophecies of Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Habbakuk, Haggai, Zechariah, the Psalms, a little of Macchabees, a little of Wisdom, a little of Matthew, and a few Chapters of Revelation. Then one last article to reveal who I think he is and why.

But I need a day or two off. I got a stomach bug and am tired.
[/quote]
I'm sorry you don't feel well, hope you feel better soon.
Sacred Tradition, Sacred Scripture and the Magisterium are in all senses equal, you cannot have something only partially equal, that is nonsensical. They are ALL dependant on each other like three legs of a stool, you weaken one and you fall on your butt.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='01 February 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1265069862' post='2049244']
I'm sorry you don't feel well, hope you feel better soon.
Sacred Tradition, Sacred Scripture and the Magisterium are in all senses equal, you cannot have something only partially equal, that is nonsensical. They are ALL dependant on each other like three legs of a stool, you weaken one and you fall on your butt.
[/quote]
Not in all senses, if they were equal in all senses then they would be identical which they are clearly not, there is distinction between them. That is the great mystery logic only goes so far.

I agree with what you are saying though that if you weaken one that whole collapses, or if one is taken out of its order the whole collapses.

GCM: Divine Revelation (XII) Daniel
http://trueandholyeucharist.blogspot.com/2010/02/gcm-divine-revelation-xii-daniel.html

For the Sacred Scripture commentaries I used A New Catholic Commentary on Holy Scripture copyright 1969 by the Catholic Biblical Association published by Thomas Nelson and Sons as well as the Eerdman's Dictionary of the Bible, both as guides. The Catholic work of eschatology The Bible and the Future of the World 9th Edition by Ronald L. Conte Jr. is a strong influence on my understanding of eschatology and I borrowed some of his interpretations for my commentaries of Daniel and Revelation. The Jerusalem Bible as well as the Catholic Public Domain Version of the Bible was used in my study and preparations of the commentaries. I will be quoting from the CPDV, since it is a modern translation based on the Douay Rheims Bible and the Latin Clementine Vulgate. It lends a more precise text to draw meaning from in the work of theology than the Jerusalem Bible, though I prefer the Jerusalem Bible for private meditation and prayer.

continued in next post. . .

Edited by kafka

The Prophecy of Daniel

The dreams of Daniel refer to kings, kingdoms and events of the future Tribulation and not of the past. Mark Our Lord's words taken from his End Time discourse in the twenty fourth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew:

"Therefore, when you will have seen the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place, may he who reads understand, then those who are in Judea, let them flee to the mountains."

This reference to Daniel by Our Lord teaches us (or at least me) contrary to the modern exegetical opinion that his dreams certainly refer to the Tribulation or End Times and not to the distant past before Christ. Daniel's first dream taken from the seventh chapter concerns four beasts:

{7:2} I saw in my vision at night, and behold, the four winds of the heavens fought upon the great sea.
{7:3} And four great beasts, different from one another, ascended from the sea.

The great sea is a metaphor for a great number of people and in this context the sea represents all the inhabitants of the earth represented by the four winds North, South, East, West or four corners of the earth as we like to say. A beast is a metaphor for a worldly kingdom set against the kingdom of Jesus Christ, for a beast follows its own appetites and does not live for anything beyond itself. The four great beasts or kingdoms are different from one another denoting differentiation of time and place, however they are set as a coherent whole making up one epic namely the epic of the Tribulation.

The First Beast

{7:4} The first was like a lioness and had the wings of an eagle. I watched as its wings were plucked off, and it was raised from the earth and stood on its feet like a man, and the heart of a man was given to it.

The first beast is the Allied Nations or Allies as I have been calling them. The lioness represents the nations in exile due to World War III primarily the European nations. The wings of an eagle represent the United States. The wings are plucked off after World War IV since the exiled nations return to their lands recovered in World War IV from the United States. Then the beastly lioness is raised to its feet like a man. This represents the transformation of all the areas recovered in WWIV into the holy kingdom of the great Catholic monarch during the Era of Peace. This kingdom which will be rooted in reason, sound judgment, just laws, etc. and so that is why a heart of a man is given to it.

This kingdom will be great in the world however its greatness will have an end at the appointed time according to God's marvelous plan.

The Second Beast

{7:5} And behold, another beast, like a bear, stood to one side, and there were three rows in its mouth and in its teeth, and they spoke to it in this way: “Arise, devour much flesh.”

Now the next verse is the subsequent major kingdom of the world during the Tribulation after the kingdom of the great Catholic monarch has its end. The beast is a bear and this represents Russia. The three rows in its mouth and teeth represent four major branches of the government and military. "Arise, devour much flesh" means that this major world power seated in Russia will persecute nations.

In the private revelation of La Salette Our Lady describes a forerunner of antichrist, immediately after her description of the Era of Peace and the 25 years of plenty:

‘A forerunner of the antichrist with his troops from several nations will fight against the true Christ, the only Savior of the world; he will spill much blood, and will want to annihilate the worship of God in order to make himself be looked upon as a God.’

It is my opinion that this forerunner of antichrist will arise in this kingdom of Russia described in Daniel. Our Lady of Fatima instructed the Pope and Bishops to consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart for this very reason, so that after the reign of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus and Mary which is the Era of Peace, this forerunner of antichrist seated in Russia will not do to much damage too quickly to all the fruits of holiness and peace produced during the Era of Peace which is the reign of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts. Consequently the Pope and Bishops should continue to consecrate Russia at least once every generation into the future Tribulation until this kingdom ceases to be a major world power making way for the next major kingdom of the leopard.

I realize that this interpretation may not be to the liking of many people who are familiar with the Fatima-Russia problem, yet I say in the very least it has a foundation in Sacred Scripture and in the context of the Tribulation as opposed to some other speculations I have seen. I am working from the basic principle that private revelations add nothing to Divine Revelation, hence the private revelations should be used to aid one in finding the answers in Sacred Scripture which is the second font of Divine Revelation. I am also working from the understanding that the true modern Marian apparitions are in one sense or another preparations for the Tribulation.

Also notice that in all the great Catholic monarch prophecies I commented on in the above that Russia was not mentioned in any of them. Russia has no major role in the first part of the Tribulation nor in the last part which is the seven year reign of Antichrist. Her role is in the intermittent period leading up to the last part. And it is my strong opinion that this is the Russia spoken of by Our Lady of Fatima.

The Third Beast

{7:6} After this, I watched, and behold, another like a leopard, and it had wings like a bird, four upon it, and four heads were on the beast, and power was given to it.

The third major kingdom of the Tribulation is described as a leopard. Perhaps it has its seats somewhere in the Orient, perhaps India or China or Indonesia or a combination of all these areas. The four wings refer to a powerful air force, and the four heads refer to four major kings ruling in unison over the one major kingdom.

The Fourth Beast

{7:7} After this, I watched in the vision of the night, and behold, a fourth beast, terrible yet wondrous, and exceedingly strong; it had great iron teeth, eating yet crushing, and trampling down the remainder with his feet, but it was unlike the other beasts, which I had seen before it, and it had ten horns.

The fourth major kingdom of the Tribulation refers to the extremely evil time leading up to the rise and reign of the Antichrist. This one kingdom will encompass the entire earth and ten evil kings alone will rule it, hence only ten kings over the entire earth at that time. From one of these kingdoms will arise Antichrist as expressed in the following verse:

{7:8} I considered the horns, and behold, another little horn rose out of the midst of them. And three of the first horns were rooted out by its presence. And behold, eyes like the eyes of a man were in this horn, and a mouth speaking unnatural things.

The little horn is Antichrist.

And so these are the four major kingdoms or world powers of the Tribulation. The rest of chapter seven goes on explaining these kingdoms especially the fourth in more detail since an attendant of the vision clarifies these for Daniel. These four kingdoms are the first four thunders in the Book of Revelation which I will hopefully be commenting on much later in this ongoing work.

The first beast/kingdom is the Allied Nations united because of World War III and united in waging World War IV. Then they separate during the Era of Peace and the great Catholic monarch's kingdom is the lioness raised to its feet given a heart of a man.

Edited by kafka

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' date='04 February 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1265310629' post='2051221']
GCM: Divine Revelation (XII) Daniel
http://trueandholyeucharist.blogspot.com/2010/02/gcm-divine-revelation-xii-daniel.html

For the Sacred Scripture commentaries I used A New Catholic Commentary on Holy Scripture copyright 1969 by the Catholic Biblical Association published by Thomas Nelson and Sons as well as the Eerdman's Dictionary of the Bible, both as guides. The Catholic work of eschatology The Bible and the Future of the World 9th Edition by Ronald L. Conte Jr. is a strong influence on my understanding of eschatology and I borrowed some of his interpretations for my commentaries of Daniel and Revelation. The Jerusalem Bible as well as the Catholic Public Domain Version of the Bible was used in my study and preparations of the commentaries. I will be quoting from the CPDV, since it is a modern translation based on the Douay Rheims Bible and the Latin Clementine Vulgate. It lends a more precise text to draw meaning from in the work of theology than the Jerusalem Bible, though I prefer the Jerusalem Bible for private meditation and prayer.

continued in next post. . .
[/quote]
Its a pity you still haven't read [i]Trial Tribulation and Triumph[/i].

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='04 February 2010 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1265321427' post='2051303']
Its a pity you still haven't read [i]Trial Tribulation and Triumph[/i].
[/quote]
At this point I'd rather go my own way.

http://trueandholyeucharist.blogspot.com/2010/02/gcm-divine-revelation-xiii-daniel-ii.html

The Dream of the Ram and He-Goat (Chapter 8)

{8:3} And I lifted up my eyes and saw, and behold, a single ram stood before the marsh, having two high horns, and one was higher than the other and growing higher still.

When God initiates his End Times, when Jesus opens the first seal of the Tribulation (which is a specific set of preparation events I will not cover here), many upheavals and changes will occur throughout the world in a relatively short amount of time. The Middle East and North Africa are two particularly evil areas of the world. There is no significant Christian presence, and there are a significant amount of extremists who will not repent. And so there will be insurrections, revolutions, civil wars, etc. across the Middle East and North Africa. Out of the chaos two extremist Arab kings will emerge and consolidate a new Arab-Islam federation represented by the single ram. The two high horns are the two Arab kings. One is a religious leader who will preach an extreme form of Islam. The other is a political/military leader whose horn grows higher still, meaning his is the greater of the two, and continues becoming more and more powerful. He is the great Arab king.

{8:4} After this, I saw the ram brandishing his horns against the West, and against the North, and against the Meridian, and all the beasts could not withstand him, nor be freed from his hand, and he did according to his own will, and he became great.

After the consolidation of the new Arab kingdom the two Arab kings will begin threatening military strikes against the world represented by the brandishing in the above verse. Then they will begin to strike first against the United States represented by the West, perhaps in the form of a nuclear strike, yet they will not attempt to invade the U.S. Then they will attack and invade Europe represented by the North. Last they will attack the rest of Africa represented by the Meridian which is a midpoint, or in other words the equator.

The Arabs will be unstoppable: as it expresses in the verse no beasts or nations can withstand the ram where he attacks. They will occupy Europe and Africa up to the equator as it says: nor be freed from his hand. They will establish whatever laws they desire as it says: he did according to his own will. They will become a great and terrible presence in the world for many years. This is World War III. I will bypass the why and the how in favor of moving on, since other passages of Scripture describe the war in different ways.

{8:5} And I understood, and behold, a he-goat among she-goats came from the West above the face of the entire earth, and he did not touch the ground. Furthermore, the he-goat had a preeminent horn between his eyes.

In one sense the he-goat is the great Catholic monarch and in another sense the united Allied nations. The she-goats could represent the current modern trend of more female leaders of nations or in authority positions like the Secretary of State, etc. The great Catholic monarch is a male leader among some female leaders. The Allies are made up of nations some led by women. So that is the meaning of he-goat among she-goats.

The Allies come from the United States represented by the West above the face of the entire earth not even touching the ground. For a beast to travel above the earth not touching the ground denotes speed but in the context my interpretation is that the initial attack of WWIV is an air strike upon prominent military targets of the Arabs. The preeminent horn, (or the majestic horn in the JB text) of the he-goat is the great Catholic monarch.

{8:6} And he went all the way to the ram that had the horns, which I had seen standing before the gate, and he ran towards him in the force of his strength.
{8:7} And when he approached near to the ram, he was enraged against him, and he struck the ram, and broke his two horns, and the ram could not withstand him, and when he had cast him down on the ground, he trampled him, and no one was able to free the ram from his hand.

The Allies represented by the he-goat attack the Arabs represented by the ram. Both of the ram's horns are broken meaning both of the great Arab kings are killed in WWIV. The ram cannot withstand the he-goat, the ram gets trampled and no one will come to rescue the ram. In other words the Allies will be victorious and recover all of the areas once conquered and occupied by the Arabs including there home countries. This is one expression in Scripture of World War IV.

Edited by kafka

{8:8} But the he-goat among she-goats became exceedingly great, and when he had prospered, the great horn was shattered, and four horns were rising up beneath it by means of the four winds of heaven.

Then the great Catholic monarch and his kingdom represented by the he-goat becomes very great and prospers in the Era of Peace. Then notice the great horn is shattered and four new horns rise up beneath it. This represents the death of the great Catholic monarch and the division of his kingdom into four lesser kingdoms. They will be roughly divided into a North kingdom including Europe, a South kingdom, including the Middle Eastern area surrounding Jerusalem, a West kingdom including North Africa, and finally an East kingdom including modern day Iran and Iraq. These lesser kingdoms especially the North and the South set the stage in the future for the events leading up to the rise and reign of Antichrist. Notice the next verse:

{8:9} But from one of them came forth one little horn, and it became great against the Meridian, and against the East, and against the strength.

Once again the little horn is the Antichrist.

After the dream the archangel Gabriel appears to Daniel in order to clarify the dream. Here are the subsequent verses:

{8:19} And he said to me, “I will reveal to you what the future things are in the earlier tribulation, for the time has its end.

Notice Gabriel marks out an earlier tribulation. This first part of the Tribulation including WWIII and WWIV is a particularly extreme phase in the Tribulation epic.

{8:20} The ram, which you saw to have horns, is the king of the Medes and Persians.

After the upheavals the center of the new extremist Arab federation is located in Iraq represented by the Medes and Iran represented by the Persians. One of the extremist Arab kings will make himself king of Iraq and the other probably the greater political/military one will make himself king of Iran.

{8:21} Furthermore, the he-goat among she-goats is the king of the Greeks, and the great horn, which was between his eyes, is the same one, the first king.

The king of the Greeks is the great Catholic monarch. This has two meanings. First he will truly be the crowned king of Greece. Second, democracy was founded in Greece, so he will be democratically elected by all the nations whom he recovered their lands for in WWIV as well as those lands taken from the extremist Arabs. This includes Europe, the Middle East and Northern Africa. Then Gabriel explains he is also the great horn between the eyes of the he-goat. So he is the prominent leader of the Allies, and most prominent military leader of World War IV.

Last Gabriel mentions he is the first king. This has several meanings. He is the first major king of the Tribulation. He is the first king of the prophecy of the seventy weeks later revealed to Daniel. He is the first king of Jerusalem in a great line of Christian kings who reign until Antichrist takes Jerusalem in the first year of his reign. Last, he is the greatest and perhaps even the holiest of all Christian and Hebrew kings.

{8:22} And since, having been shattered, there grew four in its place, four kings will rise up from his people, but not in his strength.

Again this expresses that after the great Catholic monarch dies, his kingdom will be divided into four lesser kingdoms. Yet notice not in his strength, meaning they will lose their greatness and strength in the world. Also notice the four kings rise up from his people, yet they are not his children. This is interesting.

There are a few more relevant verses in Daniel that I will comment on below and then I would like to move on to Isaiah:

{11:2} And now I will announce to you the truth. Behold, up to a certain point, three kings will stand in Persia, and the fourth will be exceedingly enriched in power above them all. And when he has grown strong by his resources, he will stir up all against the kingdom of Greece.

The fourth king is the great extremist Arab king. He consolidates and then stirs up all the Arab world against Europe represented here by Greece, since Europe is made up of many democracies.

{11:3} But there will rise up a strong king, and he will rule with great power, and he will do what he pleases.
{11:4} And when he has been firmly established, his kingdom will be shattered and will be divided towards the four winds of the heaven, but not to his posterity, nor according to his power with which he ruled. For his kingdom will be torn to pieces, even for the outsiders who have been expelled from these.

These two verses refer to the great Catholic monarch and the division of his kingdom. Notice that his kingdom is not passed on to his children. Strange, yet this is God's will.

Edited by kafka