An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Catholic Monarch Of Prophecy

kafka

Everything is ready for my full blown study and commentary from top to bottom concerning this figure of Catholic prophecy known as the Great Monarch.

This is for the most part speculative theology, not Church doctrine or dogma.

You are free to disagree, criticize, bring in scholars to make me look like a fool, etc., however I am going to do something new this time, namely not defend myself. I will simply go from top to bottom and share everything I know for anyone still interested in this subject. You are free to react however you please. I dont care. I'm not going to let the haters get into my head this time. I've been working on this for years, refining it, honing it, and now is the time to finally share it. I'm doing it in a blog-like article form since I have no intention of publishing a book. Too lazy or whatever. Plus my style is too direct. I am not a scholar and I dont want to be considered one. This is for the average Catholic reader.

I realize that my temperment is not suited to everyone here, but this is the only phorum I participate at, and I have mentioned probably hundreds of times I think the End Times is in final prepartion and will occur soon maybe even this year and one of the reasons hinges on what I know about this great Catholic monarch figure.

Enjoy. I will just post the new articles here over the next few months unless I am hospitalized or something.

Chow.

Introduction

http://trueandholyeucharist.blogspot.com/2010/01/great-catholic-monarch-of-prophecy-i.html

Edited by kafka

Introduction

The Great Catholic Monarch of Prophecy is a figure expressed in both Divine and private revelation as one who will have a prominent role in the period known as the End Times or Tribulation culminating in the Return of Jesus Christ.

What I am going to do here is take a break from the Eucharist and do a full commentary from top to bottom of all the references I have found of this Great Catholic Monarch in both Divine as well as private revelation.

Divine Revelation

Divine Revelation is the Sacred Deposit of Faith. It is divided into two fonts namely Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture. Sacred Tradition is the public Deeds wrought by God in history for the salvation of the entire human race. The pre-eminent Deed of God is the salvific Death of Jesus Christ on the Cross. Sacred Scripture is the public Words written by God in history for the salvation of the entire race. Both the public Deeds and Words of God are infallible by their very nature, since they were wrought and written by God who is Truth. The canon of Sacred Scripture was closed with the death of the Apostle John. The canon of the public Deeds of God is still open since Jesus Christ is yet to Return. What is interesting is that Sacred Scripture predicts many of the future Deeds of God yet to occur and so we have many expressions of future events described in Sacred Scripture yet no transmission of them since they are yet to occur. This makes the work of eschatology for the most part speculative and a bit tricky so to speak.

The Magisterium proper which is the spiritual authority of the Church invested by God to teach, protect, and guide the two fonts of Divine Revelation has only presented a few infallible and non-infallible teachings or certain truths and certain truths with room for small error, development or clarification to be held by the Faithful with the full sacred assent of Faith and/or the religious/ordinary assent of Faith concerning the End Times such as the Second Coming, the reign of Antichrist, that there will be a period of tribulation known as the End Times and some others. Most other teachings concerning the End Times are by private theologians and they fall into the degree of teaching known as Magisterium general. These are fallible teachings. This ongoing work falls into this degree of speculative theology where I will attempt to draw truths concerning the End Times and in particular concerning this Great Catholic Monarch directly from the second font of Divine Revelation, namely Sacred Scripture, however this endeavor will be aided by the private revelations.

Private Revelation

Private revelation falls completely out of the range of Divine Revelation and so it is fallible by its very nature. After the death of the Apostle Saint John, what happened was God continued to reveal Himself to certain individuals privately. Some of these individuals recorded the contents of their private revelations, and some of these records have been passed onto us to this very day. Whatever God reveals to an individual is infallible by its nature since God may not err by His very nature which is Truth. However the reception of these private revelations may contain error in the individuals understanding since he was not guided by the charism of inspiration which only the Sacred Author of the Bible were given, consequently these private revelations may contain some small errors in the understanding as well as recording of them.

It is startling as you will see how relatively frequent in number these private revelations are concerning this one figure known as the Great Catholic Monarch. Most of the private revelations I will be commenting on as well as using as an aid to draw from Sacred Scripture, were recorded by holy men who lived in various areas and times with no connection to one another whatsoever. And most were recorded before the invention of the printing press, so it would have been nearly impossible for any of these individuals to have drawn from each other.

It is my firm conviction that these private revelations were recorded specifically for an endeavor to aid one in drawing out truths from Sacred Scripture. A private revelation adds nothing to Divine Revelation, so I come to the conclusion, that these were given to us by God as a gift to aid us in drawing truth from Divine Revelation especially from Sacred Scripture.

Problems with this Work

The problem of this work is one of clarity, efficiency and unity. I cannot seem to put all that I understand about this figure into a coherent whole, so instead I will just write a commentary from top to bottom on all references I have carefully picked out, studied and meditated upon for the past few years. Some of these I was taught by the book, "The Bible and the Future of the World" by Ronald L. Conte Jr. which is truly in my opinion a work of genius, however he did not go into a whole lot of detail concerning the Great Catholic Monarch, rather he focused on other events of the End Times. It was the study of the Great Catholic Monarch which drew me to this book so I decided to branch out and start my own study. What I have found is truly startling and amazing. It might seem strange and extravagant to the average Catholic, yet I do not force it on anyone. These are my theological opinions and you are free to disagree, criticize, etc., however I love the topic and I plan on not keeping this closed to those who might be interested in learning more.

The structure of this work is simple. I will analyze all the private revelations and then I will cross into Sacred Scripture and begin to synthesize ideas hopefully in an orderly fashion. What may happen with the reader is a bit of confusion at first when I bring up topics like World War IV without a lot of evidence to substantiate it, however by the end of the work which will probably be a few months in the making hopefully all will be clear in so much as it may be.

My understanding is fallible. I am fallible, however my style is direct. I feel no need to turn this into some conceited intellectual project where I go proving every point I make with elaborate reasoning and an endless maze of quotes. I like theology which is clear, efficient and unified. That is my criteria for working.

I hope you benefit and enjoy this unique topic of the Faith. Grace and peace to you.

Edited by kafka

cmotherofpirl

I think this will be interesting and I am looking forward to it. While I am not fond of Mr Conte's theories, I am interested in the stuff from all the Saints who have prophecied on the Monarch.

Even if I don't take things as Gospel, I love any discussion about end of times stuff. I have a whole collection of end of the world movies. Carry on good sir.

Thy Geekdom Come

http://www.amazon.com/Trial-Tribulation-Triumph-Before-Antichrist/dp/1882972732

Desmond Birch, a well-known theologian who (I hear) discusses this topic in depth in the book above, is a PMer. Unfortunately, he never posts any more because a certain rude PMer kept being disrespectful to him.

[quote name='Raphael' date='20 January 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1264037545' post='2041177']
http://www.amazon.com/Trial-Tribulation-Triumph-Before-Antichrist/dp/1882972732

Desmond Birch, a well-known theologian who (I hear) discusses this topic in depth in the book above, is a PMer. Unfortunately, he never posts any more because a certain rude PMer kept being disrespectful to him.
[/quote]
We were literally just talking about him on tinychat a night or two ago. I was mentioning that I very much enjoyed reading his posts while he was here. :)

I always wanted to buy his book. I may someday.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='20 January 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1264039653' post='2041188']
We were literally just talking about him on tinychat a night or two ago. I was mentioning that I very much enjoyed reading his posts while he was here. :)

I always wanted to buy his book. I may someday.
[/quote]
He was on Tinychat? Cool. He's quite a pleasant man. I'd love to meet him in person some day.

[quote name='Raphael' date='20 January 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1264039878' post='2041190']
He was on Tinychat? Cool. He's quite a pleasant man. I'd love to meet him in person some day.
[/quote]
No no, talking about him. I wish we were talking to him. :P

Thanks for posting this. Now and then I get curious about this topic but haven't heard anything about it in years. I remember having a paperback called "Catholic Prophecy" by Yves Dupont which also dealt with this. But lately I have been thinking the reign of the Immaculate Heart will come first. Now who else was it who mentioned that? Have you ever read "Forty Dreams of St. John Bosco" ? Does he figure into your studies?

S.

Edited by Skinzo

Found your initial posts very readable and easy to understand, Kafka - and am looking forward to reading more on a subject I know absolutely nothing about ("The Great Catholic Monarch of Prophecy").

Barb

[quote name='kafka' date='20 January 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1264024563' post='2041023']
Everything is ready for my full blown ... the next few months unless I am hospitalized or something.

Chow.
[/quote]

CHOW = What we eat, particularly in the military.

CIAO = Italian greeting