An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Catholic Monarch Of Prophecy

kafka

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='28 March 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1269827594' post='2082327']
:idontknow:
If it's Tradition, then I'm behind you 110%.
[/quote]

It is definitely not [b]T[/b]radition.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='28 March 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1269827999' post='2082328']
It is definitely not [b]T[/b]radition.
[/quote]
It's hard to keep track. :)
I need to get farther along in my book.

[quote name='Skinzo' date='28 March 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1269799520' post='2082029']
I think he is referring to people like Ron Conte who claim the "Warning" announced at Garabandal (which is still not approved by the Church) is going to happen on this coming Good Friday, April 2.
[/quote]

Yeah I think that's what he's trying to get at as well.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='28 March 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1269844785' post='2082461']
Yeah I think that's what he's trying to get at as well.
[/quote]

That deserves a seperate thread.

S.

I don't think that's necessary. People are wondering what the general outcome is supposed to be with this. I'm not saying I buy any of it. I just don't like several months of build up with no punch line.

Personally I think that there's a HUGE amount of holes in this theory. For example, obviously Conte and Kafka both are pulling in the Garabandal prophesies. I don't have an opinion on the Garabandal prophesies but if I think if you're going to weave them in, you can't pick and choose from the Garabandal visions. The visionaries talk about the Great Warning (apparently expected Friday) the Great Miracle and the Great Chastisement. But Kafka keeps talking about WWIII and WWIV which the visionaries at Garabandal say "there will be no more world wars". I haven't heard anybody argue why you can use part the visions but not all of them just because they don't work for you.

That being said, anything that gets folks to confession during Holy Week is ok by me. If you think the Great Warning is going to happen (and apparently if it ever does, "wow does the Great Warning really smell of elderberries" doesn't come close to describing it) on Friday and that gets you to the sacrament, fantabulous!!

The Amazing Conte on the Great Warning (to take place Good Friday this week!):
http://www.catholicplanet.com/secrets/garabandal-warning.htm

More incoherent and weird nonsense on that page than there is room to paste, but if you read all that and still take Conte seriously, there is something very wrong with you. If none of it comes to pass this year, and you still believe Conte, you are certifiably insane.
(The page was updated Sept. 2009, but he's still not sure whether Hillary Clinton will be President at this time).

The only great warning i got today is if i leave my underwear and socks on the bedroom floor ONE MORE TIME, boy will i be in a mess of hurt. :mellow:

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='02 April 2010 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1270216472' post='2085502']
The only great warning i got today is if i leave my underwear and socks on the bedroom floor ONE MORE TIME, boy will i be in a mess of hurt. :mellow:
[/quote]

stellar response

[quote name='hot stuff' date='02 April 2010 - 03:49 AM' timestamp='1270216149' post='2085499']
Everybody ok today? I didn't see anything about a Great Warning on the Today show...
[/quote]

Darn! Skunked again...and no Wapshuh either. Back to the drawing board for the great Conte...Any bets on how long the new
Vatican commission will take to render a judgment on Medjugorje?

S.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Skinzo' date='02 April 2010 - 11:59 AM' timestamp='1270227574' post='2085575']
Darn! Skunked again...and no Wapshuh either. Back to the drawing board for the great Conte...Any bets on how long the new
Vatican commission will take to render a judgment on Medjugorje?

S.
[/quote]
Didn't realize Conte was one of the Medjugorje (potential) visionaries. :mellow:

infinitelord1

maybe conte was wrong about the date. this is still all very interesting.

have there ever been "prophets" who were accurate in their predictions? or did they just predict the inevitable? a good example of that would be the human race one day traveling to another solar system. thats going to be my prophecy..."within the next 1000 years, human beings will set foot on another planet in another solar system". people like jules verne were also good at these types of "prophecies" or predictions whatever you want to call them.

hey you also have to consider that maybe we are not really in the year 2010...maybe its really like 2006 or something.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='03 April 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1270272570' post='2085921']
maybe conte was wrong about the date. this is still all very interesting.

have there ever been "prophets" who were accurate in their predictions? or did they just predict the inevitable? a good example of that would be the human race one day traveling to another solar system. thats going to be my prophecy..."within the next 1000 years, human beings will set foot on another planet in another solar system". people like jules verne were also good at these types of "prophecies" or predictions whatever you want to call them.

hey you also have to consider that maybe we are not really in the year 2010...maybe its really like 2006 or something.
[/quote]
Better make it 10 000. You know, hedge your bets. That way you won't have to edit your website to eliminate embarrassing mistakes.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='02 April 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1270271971' post='2085914']
Didn't realize Conte was one of the Medjugorje (potential) visionaries. :mellow:
[/quote]

Nihil,
I wasn't saying that he was, only that his prediction that the "Warning" would occur on April 2 was wrong.

S.