An Old School Catholic Message Board

America's Shame

Happy_Catholic

Happy_Catholic

52 million abortions since Roe.

Words like tragic, shameful, morally bankrupt, they just don't quite cut the mustard.

http://www.lifenews.com/nat5910.html

Only God will ever know the true number.

Can't help asking "What have we done?"

Happy_Catholic

[quote name='Lil Red' date='22 January 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1264201427' post='2042438']
+JMJ+
America is not the only country with legalized abortion :huh:
[/quote]

That's why I added "and everyone elses". Hehehe.

Anyway, China's reported to have about 25 million a year, depending on who's statistics you want to beleive. And approximately 46 million word wide. I saw a stat the other day that said since Roe they think there's been about 1 billion abortions world wide. (It didn't state whether that included illegal and legal).

[quote name='Happy_Catholic' date='22 January 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1264200737' post='2042431']

. . .

[/quote]

I oppose it in prayer, word and deed. I haven't killed any babies. I haven't spoken in a way that supports killing any babies. I haven't voted for anyone who would kill any babies. I doubt many others on here have, either.

"We" ain't done anything to kill babies in the womb. Leave us out of your "communal guilt" groupthink.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='23 January 2010 - 09:41 AM' timestamp='1264257678' post='2042805']
I haven't voted for anyone who would kill any babies. I doubt many others on here have, either.
[/quote]
[i]Knowingly [/i]voted for them, that is.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='23 January 2010 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1264257678' post='2042805']
I oppose it in prayer, word and deed. I haven't killed any babies. I haven't spoken in a way that supports killing any babies. I haven't voted for anyone who would kill any babies. I doubt many others on here have, either.

"We" ain't done anything to kill babies in the womb. Leave us out of your "communal guilt" groupthink.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

I second this.

[quote name='Lil Red' date='22 January 2010 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1264201427' post='2042438']
+JMJ+
America is not the only country with legalized abortion :huh:
[/quote]

I did not know about that. Thanks

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='22 January 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1264202121' post='2042449']
I'm very aware of the Abortion rate. It's truly sad... :ohno:
[/quote]

Yes, and we should pray for pro-choice people. :sadder: Because I think that every baby has the change to live outside their mother. :sadder:

[quote name='Happy_Catholic' date='22 January 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1264200737' post='2042431']

Words like tragic, shameful, morally bankrupt, they just don't quite cut the mustard.

[url="http://www.lifenews.com/nat5910.html"]http://www.lifenews.com/nat5910.html[/url]

Only God will ever know the true number.

[/quote]

You are right, words such as Evil, Blasphemous, and Demonic come closer though.

ed

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='23 January 2010 - 08:41 AM' timestamp='1264257678' post='2042805']

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

Me neither, but I will pray that people will have a change in heart.

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='23 January 2010 - 06:41 AM' timestamp='1264257678' post='2042805']

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

I would assume her "we" meant as a country. So don't go throwing around words like "communal guilt" groups.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Slappo' date='17 February 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1266442050' post='2058481']
I would assume her "we" meant as a country. So don't go throwing around words like "communal guilt" groups.
[/quote]

he is just pointing out that it's not the country's fault at least not to some point, it is more the elected officials fault.

Edited by ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Slappo' date='17 February 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1266442050' post='2058481']
[/quote]

I did assume her "we" meant "as a country." That is precisely [i]why[/i] I used the words "communal guilt."

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

As long as children are dying at the whims of their mothers and their mothers' abortionists, I am not doing enough.

You may choose to neglect your duty to the unborn by opting out of the "communal guilt", but I will not. There is blood on each of our hands until abortion is recognised by society as the evil that it is.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='17 February 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1266458396' post='2058581']
As long as children are dying at the whims of their mothers and their mothers' abortionists, I am not doing enough.

You may choose to neglect your duty to the unborn by opting out of the "communal guilt", but I will not. There is blood on each of our hands until abortion is recognised by society as the evil that it is.
[/quote]

Seems you believe that you personally failed to do something. Go and confess it, if you know what it was.

~Sternhauser