An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lockport Dominican Nuns

Saint Therese

Saint Therese

Hi AngelofMary.Welcome to the phorum. If you'll read back through earlier posts from this thread you'll see that I've posted something explaining why I don't feel it would be appropriate to discuss anything to do with community affairs or members in the community. Its not my place to speak for them, anyways. :)

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='21 March 2010 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1269198183' post='2076993']
Hi AngelofMary.Welcome to the phorum. If you'll read back through earlier posts from this thread you'll see that I've posted something explaining why I don't feel it would be appropriate to discuss anything to do with community affairs or members in the community. Its not my place to speak for them, anyways. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I understand your discomfort perfectly, Saint Therese--and I'm glad you felt free enough not to respond to questions when you did not feel comfortable doing so. But, if you ever see Sister Agnes, please let her know that allowing outsiders to "intrude" on the privacy of her vesting in the habit was very thoughtful of her, and a wonderful way to share the beauties of relgious life. There are lots of "strangers" who now feel a bond with her, and are hoping only the best for her future.

If, for some reason, Sister Agnes is no longer with this community, I hope that she has found peace, either in secular life or with another community. The religious life is a blessed one, but it is not the only way that God calls us to serve. Our prayers and good wishes are with Sister Agnes, wherever God has taken her since the video was filmed.

Saint Therese

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='21 March 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1269199474' post='2077005']
I understand your discomfort perfectly, Saint Therese--and I'm glad you felt free enough not to respond to questions when you did not feel comfortable doing so. But, if you ever see Sister Agnes, please let her know that allowing outsiders to "intrude" on the privacy of her vesting in the habit was very thoughtful of her, and a wonderful way to share the beauties of relgious life. There are lots of "strangers" who now feel a bond with her, and are hoping only the best for her future.

If, for some reason, Sister Agnes is no longer with this community, I hope that she has found peace, either in secular life or with another community. The religious life is a blessed one, but it is not the only way that God calls us to serve. Our prayers and good wishes are with Sister Agnes, wherever God has taken her since the video was filmed.
[/quote]

I really do appreciate the feeling that people have re Sr. Mary Agnes. I think the investiture video was truly beautiful, and I have to say it was important in my own discernment. So I really can say I understand how people feel about it.
[i]I just feel I have a solemn duty to be circumspect in order to protect the community.[/i] If anyone doesn't understand this all they have to do is read the thread about "Dominican Habits".
;)

Ya'll please continue to keep me in your prayers.
God bless you!

brightsadness

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='22 March 2010 - 07:08 AM' timestamp='1269266926' post='2077497']

Ya'll please continue to keep me in your prayers.
God bless you!
[/quote]

You bet!!

• 2 weeks later...
Saint Therese

Well, pham I have an update!

Since my student loan debt has been resolved....we've set a date. If everything goes according to plan, and if I can get everything in order, I'll be entering on April 29 (the Feast of St. Catherine of Siena)!! Its so exciting! Please remember me in your prayers as I have a LOT of arrangements to make, etc by then.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='31 March 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1270084899' post='2084446']

Since my student loan debt has been resolved....we've set a date. If everything goes according to plan, and if I can get everything in order, I'll be entering on April 29 (the Feast of St. Catherine of Siena)!! Its so exciting! Please remember me in your prayers as I have a LOT of arrangements to make, etc by then.
[/quote]

Yay yay yay!!!!!!!! That's wonderful news and on such a great feast day to boot!!!!! Many prayers your way that all goes smoothly!!!!

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='31 March 2010 - 08:21 PM' timestamp='1270084899' post='2084446']

[/quote]

Congratulations! April 29 isn't far away, so you'll be too busy to be nervous--just excited. And, Lockport should be gorgeous in the Spring! Just the right time of year for new beginnings!

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='01 April 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1270084899' post='2084446']

[/quote]

Wow congratulations!! :clapping: I`ll definitely pray for you too. :pray:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='31 March 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1270084899' post='2084446']

[/quote]

Oh my -- that is THIS MONTH! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

How exciting!!!

Prayers for you, Saint Therese, as you prepare for your ENTRANCE! :sign: :pray:

[size="3"][/size]Prayers for you Saint Therese as you prepare to enter Lockport in four weeks time. :bigpray: :bigpray:

Saint Therese

Thank you all for your prayers.
God bless you!
Hope you all have a very blessed Triduum.

I really feel blessed to be called to such a [i]wonderful[/i], [i]faithful[/i] and [i]fervent[/i] community.

Edited by Saint Therese

brightsadness

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='31 March 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1270084899' post='2084446']

[/quote]

Dearest Prayer Pal,

Did I luck out or what!! You are in my prayers each day as you prepare to enter. I will be living in with the Basilians as of April 17th and will be praying for you from the monastery. Please keep me in your prayers.

with love in Christ,
Anya

Saint Therese

Of course I'll be remembering you in my prayers, and congratulations on the live in! That's great. May the Lord give you light to discern His will for you, and may the Mother of God watch over you and help you with her prayers.