An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lockport Dominican Nuns

Saint Therese

Saint Therese

J.M.J. Th

As many of you are aware, I have been in serious discernment with theDominican Nuns of Lockport, Louisiana for several years now, so visit regularly and remain in frequent contact. It has been a while since any updates were posted on them and there is already MUCH good news to share for 2010!!!

So . . . Here is what I know::)

[b]* JAN 1st[/b]: New Dominican chaplain arrived

[b]* JAN/FEB[/b]: Transition of Holy Masses from Latin NO to EF

[b]* FEB[/b]: Repairs on extensive hurricane damage will begin (Donations welcome!)

[b]** JAN 28th[/b]: New Addition #1 arrives
[b]
** FEB 2nd[/b]: New Addition #1 enters
[b]
** FEB 9th[/b]: New Addition #2 arrives

*[b]* FEB 11th[/b]: New Addition #2 begins aspirancy

[b]** ASAP!!![/b]: New Addition #3 ([b]ME![/b]) set to enter

[b]***[/b] Since I have already made an aspirancy, the official entrance datewill be set as soon as I can take care of the rest of my debt.Pleasehelp me in praying for this special intention. Also, if anyoneknows where I might be able to find help, all information and evenoffers of financial assistance or sponsorship would be [b]GREAT[/b] and mostappreciated!:clap: Thank you!

Edited by Saint Therese

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='23 January 2010 - 09:18 AM' timestamp='1264256316' post='2042799']
J.M.J. Th

As many of you are aware, I have been in serious discernment with theDominican Nuns of Lockport, Louisiana for several years now, so visit regularly and remain in frequent contact. It has been a while since any updates were posted on them and there is already MUCH good news to share for 2010!!!

So . . . Here is what I know::)

[b]* JAN 1st[/b]: New Dominican chaplain arrived

[b]* JAN/FEB[/b]: Transition of Holy Masses from Latin NO to EF

[b]* FEB[/b]: Repairs on extensive hurricane damage will begin (Donations welcome!)

[b]** JAN 28th[/b]: New Addition #1 arrives
[b]
** FEB 2nd[/b]: New Addition #1 enters
[b]
** FEB 9th[/b]: New Addition #2 arrives

*[b]* FEB 11th[/b]: New Addition #2 begins aspirancy

[b]** ASAP!!![/b]: New Addition #3 ([b]ME![/b]) set to enter

[b]***[/b] Since I have already made an aspirancy, the official entrance datewill be set as soon as I can take care of the rest of my debt.Pleasehelp me in praying for this special intention. Also, if anyoneknows where I might be able to find help, all information and evenoffers of financial assistance or sponsorship would be [b]GREAT[/b] and mostappreciated!:clap: Thank you!
[/quote]St. Therese I am so happy for you! All your news is amazing!!!!!

laetitia crucis

Blessed be God!

Congratulations and many prayers for you and New Additions #1 & #2! :saint:

I will be sure to keep your special intention in my prayers as well. :pray: Were you able to apply for the [url="http://www.fundforvocations.org"]Mater Ecclesiae[/url] grant last month? That's pretty much the only organization I know about (besides the Laboure foundation) dedicated specifically to helping future (God willing) religious enter their communities by alleviating their debt.

brightsadness

So happy for you Prayer Pal. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img] You are so in my prayers. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/signofcross.gif[/img] Remember to keep praying for me.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blowkiss.gif[/img]

Anya

Congratulations to all!

It's been a long time since we had an update about these nuns--did the novice Sister Agnes make her first vows--her clothing ceremony was documented a few years ago by a local television station--just wondering...

Please remember to pray for these nuns, as they are doing much good, and have certain enemies who do not want to see them grow (remember the trials of St. Teresa of Avila each time she founded a new foundation, it was at great costs, often ground between the teeth of great oppression and diabolical attacks).

Saint Therese

I ask everyone to please pray for the intention that i can find some way to resolve my debt [i]SOON[/i]!
God bless!

Edited by Saint Therese

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='25 January 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1264432037' post='2044140']
I ask everyone to please pray for the intention that i can find some way to resolve my debt [i]SOON[/i]!
God bless!
[/quote]

I am curious, too. Has Sr. Agnes made her first vows?

Saint Therese

I appreciate everyone's curiosity, however since I'm not a spokesperson for the community I don't feel it would be appropriate for me to speak about community affairs.
:)

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

May God bless you. You are in the prayers of our family; I just added your intention to our prayer board!

Pax,

TradMom

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='25 January 2010 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1264438357' post='2044186']
I appreciate everyone's curiosity, however since I'm not a spokesperson for the community I don't feel it would be appropriate for me to speak about community affairs.
:)
[/quote]

you know thats kind of ironic. since your first post is about community affairs. oooo i am being mean. pardon me :topsy:

JMJ
Oooh! Congratulations! Does this mean you get a solid black veil, or the kind of see through one? By the way,I just checked their website, did they change their postulant habit? It looks different! But cool!

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='25 January 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1264453711' post='2044328']
you know thats kind of ironic. since your first post is about community affairs. oooo i am being mean. pardon me :topsy:
[/quote]

You're not being mean, simply pointing out the inconsistency. No one is asking about Sr. Agnes for any reason other than to keep her in their prayers, no matter what the answer.