An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lockport Dominican Nuns

Saint Therese

brightsadness

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='12 April 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1271129802' post='2092216']
Well pham, this is it. The countdown begins.
I will be leaving here on the 24th.

Prayers requested!
[/quote]

Glory to God!

Saint Therese

J.M.J.Th

Thanks, I need the prayers.

Only ten days left.
I'm still getting things in order.
Since it seems my books aren't selling that well I'm going to donate most of them to the youth group at my parish. I"m really happy with this solution, since there's no one in my family that wants them, its good that they'll go to benefit someone.
I had been wondering about how I was going to be able to pay my few last bills-which turned out to not be so few, but yesterday a friend offered to take care of it for me. It was a real blessing. Thanks be to God.

I find it so strange- I've been discerning for so long, time seemed to creep by, but now that i"im actually going to enter it seems like time is going by so fast I can't even believe it.

Saint Therese

J.M.J.Th

Well, pham, nine days left!

I've been trying to spend as much time with family and friends as possible. I"ve had seveal last minute mini-crises, but thanks be to God things are working out. Everyone please keep me in your prayers.

We have an active Dominican sister at my parish and I thought it was really cool that she told me "Welcome to the family." :)

The more I reflect on my vocation, the more I become aware of the reality of God's merciful love, and that He doesn't base His love for us on our worthiness. I really think sometimes that He called me because of my weakness, not despite of it.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='16 April 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1271433772' post='2094717']
J.M.J.Th

Well, pham, nine days left!

I've been trying to spend as much time with family and friends as possible. I"ve had seveal last minute mini-crises, but thanks be to God things are working out. Everyone please keep me in your prayers.

We have an active Dominican sister at my parish and I thought it was really cool that she told me "Welcome to the family." [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

The more I reflect on my vocation, the more I become aware of the reality of God's merciful love, and that He doesn't base His love for us on our worthiness. I really think sometimes that He called me because of my weakness, not despite of it.
[/quote]

I'm sure you're getting very excited! BTW--I can't find your original post about this, but I have been giving you my one positive vote every day.

Saint Therese

J.M.J.Th

SEVEN days left:

Thank you all for your prayers! I am starting to become more excited-now that the day is getting close but I think I'll be really excited only when I get there because I still have lots to do before I leave.

I am still immersed in preparations for leaving. I've been trying to spend as much time as possible with family and friends and get everything else done, and unfortunately that's not really possible.

I've been reflecting some on the real miracle of my vocation. God is so good! I think my vocation is proof that you can be a priest or religious no matter what your past or family background might be.
The psalm from today's Mass really spoke to me:

[i][b][quote]
I will extol you, O LORD, for you drew me clear
and did not let my enemies rejoice over me.
O LORD, you brought me up from the netherworld;
you preserved me from among those going down into the pit.

Sing praise to the LORD, you his faithful ones,
and give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger lasts but a moment;
a lifetime, his good will.
At nightfall, weeping enters in,
but with the dawn, rejoicing.

Hear, O LORD, and have pity on me;
O LORD, be my helper.
You changed my mourning into dancing;
O LORD, my God, forever will I give you thanks.[/quote]
[/b][/i]

Jesus indeed has changed my mourning into dancing, brought me up from the netherworld of sin and despair. And now He's calling me to be His bride..God is so good! His mercy endures forever! Amen.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='18 April 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1271614840' post='2095654']
J.M.J.Th

SEVEN days left:

Thank you all for your prayers! I am starting to become more excited-now that the day is getting close but I think I'll be really excited only when I get there because I still have lots to do before I leave.

I am still immersed in preparations for leaving. I've been trying to spend as much time as possible with family and friends and get everything else done, and unfortunately that's not really possible.

[/quote]

I don't know how far you live from Lockport. Are you going alone or is anyone traveling with you?

Saint Therese

J.M.J.TH

Five days left:

THank you all so much for your prayers!

Only a few more days and I'll be gone. I feel so blessed to be called to such an awesome community. Thanks be to God!

People seem to focus on all the things I'll be "giving up". I don't think I'm giving up anything. I think I"m gaining so much-I feel like I"ve won a lottery or something-its definitely an undeserved gift from the Lord.

God bless-Kayla

Marieteresa

Lockport received a new postulant [url="http://ldominican.xanga.com/725754257/by-popular-request----photos-of-our-newest-postulant/"]My link[/url]
May she preserve in her vocation.

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='21 April 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1271886375' post='2097533']
Lockport received a new postulant [url="http://ldominican.xanga.com/725754257/by-popular-request----photos-of-our-newest-postulant/"]My link[/url]
May she preserve in her vocation.
[/quote]

Is that Kayla?

They have the best postulant habits!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='DameAgnes' date='21 April 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1271886563' post='2097535']
Is that Kayla?

They have the best postulant habits!
[/quote]

Kayla doesn't enter until the 29th. :)

laetitia crucis

[quote name='DameAgnes' date='21 April 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1271886563' post='2097535']
Is that Kayla?

[b]They have the best postulant habits!
[/b][/quote]

Agreed!!!