An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lockport Dominican Nuns

Saint Therese

Saint Therese

J.M.J.Th

Hey, pham! Thanks for the prayers!

I'm sorry I havn't had time to answer everyone's questions.. as you can imagine I've been pretty busy. :)
If someone has any questions about the Lockport community you can pm them here on PM.
And, proof that the Dominican nuns in Lockport DO have the best postulant outfits!:
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/dominicannuns/SJMPostulancy-2010070.jpg[/img]:love:

I'm sure going to miss everyone here on PM. Ya'll have truly become a part of my family.
God bless you.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='23 April 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1272075982' post='2098951']
J.M.J.Th

Hey, pham! Thanks for the prayers!

I'm sorry I havn't had time to answer everyone's questions.. as you can imagine I've been pretty busy. :)
If someone has any questions about the Lockport community you can pm them here on PM.
And, proof that the Dominican nuns in Lockport DO have the best postulant outfits!:
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/dominicannuns/SJMPostulancy-2010070.jpg[/img]:love:

I'm sure going to miss everyone here on PM. Ya'll have truly become a part of my family.
God bless you.
[/quote]

The postulant habit for many of the 1990 Discalced Carmelite monasteries looks very similar, so they may be given those Dominicans a run for their money!

Except instead of a black veil there is a white one. Similar cape, similar collar, same length of outfit.

;)

Saint Therese

[quote name='Jennirom' date='24 April 2010 - 05:05 AM' timestamp='1272099946' post='2099110']
It is cerainly a lovely postulant's outfit.You look so happy wearing it. God Bless.
[/quote]
:)

Unfortunately, that's not me in the pic.

We will miss you Kayla! GOD BLESS YOU as you follow God's will! Pray for us, and be assured of our prayers for you!!!!

:grouphug:

Saint Therese

If anyone is interested in writing me my address will be :

Sister Kayla Marlene
Dominican Monstery of the Heart of Jesus
155 Church Street
Lockport Louisiana
70374-2552

[b]Please note that I will not be able to write everyone back.[/b]:)

Edited by Saint Therese

DevotedtoHim

Ohhhh...I have so many questions! When do you get your religious name?! (I think you might be hoping for Therese! Right?!) I thought I saw a picture once of a postulant and she had a really pretty sheer veil on (or maybe I am thinking of a another order). Or maybe that was for the aspirants?! I looked up this order and I can't find them in the CMSWR or the IRL. Are they new? Also, I can't find them in the Dominican master directory page! Stupid me, I am probably looking under the wrong thing. Anyway, has anybody else ever visited? They for sure have the COOLEST habits ever! I love them! I want to come visit! :))

Good luck, and my letter is in the mail to you! I hope I will get to meet you! My friend told me that you can always tell if you are home because you will feel warm and cozy! So if you are feet are warm at night, and you are warm and cozy, you know the Virgin is covering you with her mantle. Once I visited a Monastery I was so cold I didn't think I would make it so I had to borrow another set of pajamas and it was all good but I knew, it wasn't for me! But I think you already visited with them and you must have just fallen in love all over again with Our Lord. And doesn't the thought of wearing that beautful habit make any sacrifice just seem to melt away? SO COOL.

Good luck, lots of prayers your way, and of course we are all going to waiting with baited breath to hear how it goes! Look for my letter!

God bless you on your journey.

Katherine

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='24 April 2010 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1272107768' post='2099123']
:)

Unfortunately, that's not me in the pic.
[/quote]

We will all look forward to seeing you on Lockport's site. I hope that you have a safe journey to your new home.

IgnatiusofLoyola

By now, we hope that Kayla is safely in Lockport and starting her new life.

I'm very excited for her--I even looked up the weather in Lockport. It's warm there--in the 80's!

I hope that we will get to hear and see snippets of news about Kayla from the Lockport Web site.

We're also counting on any of you who are good friends with Kayla, and might hear from her, to give us any news you feel comfortable sharing, if only that she is happy and settling in.

Dominican Nuns

J.M.+J.D.

Dear Phamily,

Kayla arrived safely home in Lockport this evening.

We thank everyone for the support you gave our newest daughter.

May all be assured of our prayers as you discern God's will for your own lives.

Yours in Corde Jesu,

[b]DOMINICAN NUNS[/b]
[i]Monastery of the Heart of Jesus
155 Church Street
Lockport, Louisiana 70374-2552[/i]

[b]Ldominican@aol.com[/b]

[b]http://www.xanga.com/Ldominican[/b]

Edited by Dominican Nuns