An Old School Catholic Message Board

Youngest Americans More Pro-Life

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='tomasio127' date='24 January 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1264362675' post='2043600']
[img]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs128.snc3/17568_268909865387_725935387_3824706_775654_n.jpg[/img]

The blue sign these friends of mine are holding says it all.
[/quote]

I like to think of younger priests as the more 'pro-Liturgy Generation.' Things are on the upswing!

[quote name='Veridicus' date='24 January 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1264362857' post='2043605']
I like to think of younger priests as the more 'pro-Liturgy Generation.' Things are on the upswing!
[/quote]

I have friends like that in seminary also....

*excellent*

[quote name='tomasio127' date='24 January 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1264362675' post='2043600']
[img]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs128.snc3/17568_268909865387_725935387_3824706_775654_n.jpg[/img]

The blue sign these friends of mine are holding says it all.
[/quote]

I carried a sign identical to the one on the right on Friday.

Edited by Resurrexi

Ephrem Augustine

[quote name='princessgianna' date='24 January 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1264315245' post='2043312']
Some of my friends were aborted! So many that I don't know how many. All I know is that they were killed. :mellow:

The lack of friends sometimes leaves Life to be desired.
[/quote]
I'm going to have to sit with this for a long time, it's very profound :mellow:

I was so happy earlier during mass when Father and the congregation blessed these teenagers from our parish who were going to the March for Life. I was delightedly surprised to see this and others may have been as well, even feeling hopeful for this generation. I've also had a pro-life experience...

I actually feel like I can really sympathize with women who have gotten pregnant because of rape and or incest, because as some of you know, my own dad has sexually harassed me. I avoided spending time at alone in the house with him last summer and even though it thankfully never happened, I do remember a time when I thought, "What if I did get raped by him and got pregnant?" It really hit me what could possibly happen. Believe me, I was terrified. Despite the horror and even some doubts if I could carry that pregnancy to term, I knew that I couldn't go through with it. I knew that if this did happen, my dad would need to be the one to be punished, not our baby who was completely innocent. Besides, I know that there are many infertile couples who are really torn that they can't have children in the usual way. I could find a decent couple to raise my baby.

I know that years ago, I talked with my best friend in high school about abortion and she pointed out that it would be really hard to go through the hardships of pregnancy and then the labor, only to give the baby away. Yet I know that it could be done, no matter how hard it would be. It would be possible. With God's grace this heroic sacrifice, not done out of obligation, but love could be done--even with joy. Besides, if my own mother didn't want to go through the discomforts of pregnancy and labor that I would never have been born. She did it out of love. I think that this song really summarizes it best. http://www.youtube.c...3D6A73&index=43