An Old School Catholic Message Board

Superbowl Xliv

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

I think you know which side to root for...only one letter off from [i]Saints vs. Cults[/i]. Come on. It's a sign from the heavens.

[quote name='Raphael' date='24 January 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1264393070' post='2044000']
I think you know which side to root for...only one letter off from [i]Saints vs. Cults[/i]. Come on. It's a sign from the heavens.
[/quote]

I can agree only as the Saints beat the Vikings. The vikings are not my team, never have been I love the Steelers, but they stunk this year. My second hope was for the bengals as I live in Ohio, but they fell apart as usual. But man I love Brett Favre, he is the epitome of a tough guy. Also any team that has anything to do with Baltimore deserves to be beaten, soundly and embarrassingly.

ed

dominicansoul

...drew brees played in the same highschool district as mine...
my highschool football team would get wooped up by his everytime...

GO COLTS GO!!!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='CatholicCid' date='24 January 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1264393560' post='2044010']
"Cults" does not need to have a negative connotation.
[/quote]
I realize this. Regardless, I reject your reality and substitute my own!

another Hoosier right here :) i don't really care about the NFL, but i'll root for them since they are from the great state of indiana ;)

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Yea but which team has had archbishops, nuns, and priests show up for their games? Which team has a commercial where the mascot kneels in front of a priest and gets a blessing? Which team's quarterback comes to a city and says he feels that God put him there to help re-energize a city that needed to be believed in when they had nothing? Which team's coach came in when their stadium had holes in the roof and had water damage? Which team was founded on All Saints Day and makes no attempt to hide the fact that its name is a reference to the Catholic heritage of a city? That's right. Now which team are you going to cheer for in their first Superbowl ever since their establishment as an organization in 1966 (even though technically they didn't field a team until '67)?

Edited by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Saints! (Although I must confess until about 5 minutes ago I thought everyone was talking about baseball... :mellow: I don't follow sports too scrupulously...)

Edited by zunshynn

homeschoolmom

I'm not even sure if I can watch the game because every time I say anything to the tv, my kids tell me I'm not nice. I'm not even being mean... Things like, "get 'im, get 'im, get 'im" or "C'mon Favre... get back out there and play!" ("Mom, he's hurt, he can't help it...")

So, um, yeah... yesterday's game-- not fun for me.

Ash Wednesday

I grew up in a Seahawks house (a lot of broken hearts), but I'm all about hockey and pretty casual about the whole football thing. But I've always liked the Saints so I'm rooting for the Cha Ching! Sounds like the Colts will be hard to beat, though. But stranger things have happened!