An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Presence Of Christ In The Eucharist Is A Lie

reyb

[quote name='reyb' date='28 January 2010 - 11:08 AM' timestamp='1264694932' post='2046429']
Again, I said it is [b]simple and straight[/b].

I am telling you (plain and simple too) that the body and blood of Christ is not the Eucharist. [/quote]
[quote]
I think you (Catholics) do not want to hear the scripture although itspeaks clearly. John 6:56-59 speaks with absolute clarity, 'Whoevereats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just asthe living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the onewho feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that camedown from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feedson this bread will live forever."

Is the above statement not clear? [b]It is simple and straight[/b].If you eat his flesh and drink his blood, He will remain in you and youin Him and you will live forever. Again, the statement is absolute anddefinite. It is done. The assurance is already made because 'you willlive forever'.
[/quote]

As I pointed out, where does it say that Jesus said, "If you eat my flesh and drink my blood once in your life, you will live forever?" As I pointed out, Does showing someone a storeroom and telling him, "You will never go hungry" mean that he will have to eat of the contents of the storeroom only once, and if he has to eat more than once, that saying "You will never be hungry" is a lie? Please answer those questions.

[quote]You must remember that the bread we are talking is from heaven and not from oven. :rolleyes: (Joke only)
[/quote]

Jesus is from heaven. (No joke.)

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='reyb' date='28 January 2010 - 11:08 AM' timestamp='1264694932' post='2046429']
Did I ever say anything you posted above (see bold blue letters)? Or Did I ever say 'Jesus is saying a metaphor'?

Please listen carefully and I will post my previous statement.

Again, I said it is [b]simple and straight[/b].

I am telling you (plain and simple too) that the body and blood of Christ is not the Eucharist. You must remember that the bread we are talking is from heaven and not from oven. :rolleyes: (Joke only)
[/quote]

It is simple and straight. It is the Eucharist. and as far as "If its truly the body and blood of Christ, you only have to receive it once" technically you're correct. But then again if you knew about the celebration of the Eucharist you would then know that technically, we only go once. Each time we participate in Mass, we celebrate with all the saints in heaven and its the one eternal mass we celebrate. The Mass, specifically the Eucharist unites us all in one eternal moment.

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 January 2010 - 10:53 AM' timestamp='1264694039' post='2046421']
I don't mean to be ugly, but you're not going to win with this one, dude.

Can you prove that Jesus [i]didn't[/i] intend for us to receive His Body and Blood in the Eucharist more than once?
[/quote]

Of course, you can eat and eat and eat the Eucharist if you want but to accept that this Eucharist is the true body and blood of Jesus as claimed by Catholics is not in line with the truth presented in the scripture. Please see my previous post.

[quote name='reyb' date='28 January 2010 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1264692603' post='2046411']
continue your reading to the next verse 29

I know Catholics eat the 'Eucharist' again and again. Do you think Apostle Paul is doing it?

Take note again the words of Apostle Paul, He said '1 Cor 11:26[color="#ff0000"] For whenever [b]you[/b] eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.[/color]

Why Apostle Paul used the word 'you' and not 'we' if he is doing it?
[/quote]

The Apostle Paul just finished quoting Jesus, commanding the Apostles. Here's the context.

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you,that the Lord Jesus, the same night in which [b]he [/b]was betrayed, took bread,
24 And giving thanks, broke and said: [b]"Take ye and eat: This is my body, which shall be delivered for you. This do for the commemoration of me.[/b]
25 In like manner also the chalice, after he had supped, saying: This chalice is [b]the new testament in my blood. This do ye, [/b][b]as often as you shall drink, for the commemoration of me.[/b]"
26 For as often as you shall eat this bread and drink the chalice, you shall shew the death of the Lord, until he come.

If I said, "When you walk, do you wear sneakers or boots?" would that question logically be any indication that I myself[i] do not[/i] walk?

If I said, "When you touch fire, you get burned," would it logically follow that I meant that if [i]I [/i]were to touch fire, [i]I[/i] [i]wouldn't[/i] get burned?

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='hot stuff' date='28 January 2010 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1264695426' post='2046435']
It is simple and straight. It is the Eucharist. and as far as "If its truly the body and blood of Christ, you only have to receive it once" technically you're correct. But then again if you knew about the celebration of the Eucharist you would then know that technically, we only go once. Each time we participate in Mass, we celebrate with all the saints in heaven and its the one eternal mass we celebrate. The Mass, specifically the Eucharist unites us all in one eternal moment.
[/quote]

Technically? Why not say in reality? Let us all be honest. Okay.