An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baby Names

dUSt

how about.... Aloysius?

that's pronounce a-lew-ish-ous

but i figure u should know that

then you could nick-name him lewy

CONGRATS!!!

If ours is a boy, it will be Damian. After my confirmation Saint Damian, twin of Cosmos; they were doctors and died of leparsy because they helped lepers. Of course everyone she knows has called it the devil child name because of the movie "The Omen". I have to stick to my guns on this one because she has shot down all the other names... I also picked Augustine, which was my second choice.

If it's a girl... Olivia... There is a St. Olivia, but she just likes the name, and I do too.

God Bless!!

ironmonk

Dust, I can't believe you assumed everyone knew! I sure didn't! Now you see what assuming does, right? ;) Anyway, congratulations!!!!!!! How far along is your wife?

Let's see . . . for a boy I like Patrick or George. For a girl, I like Marianne (a great combination of 2 wonderful saints) or Rose.

Edited by davejc29201

I’m familiar with this dilemma. I want to name my first son Ambrose my wife does not. This dilemma has not come to a head yet because I have two girls. Maybe you guys can compromise. How about Austin? I think it is a form of the name Augustin.

IcePrincessKRS

My first son is going to be Leo. My husband doesn't really care for the name, but I get to name him, we made a deal, so he has no choice in the matter. I like the name Augustine. One of my brother's is named Michael Augustine. What does your wife want to name the baby if he's a boy?

Hey, you should make a deal like that with your wife dUSt, she gets to name the baby whatever she wants if she's a girl, and you get to name him whatever you want if he's a boy. :P