An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baby Names

dUSt

gopherball33

My wife wants to name our son Mattise.

If it's a girl, Mackenzie.

i seriously think ur kid would be made fun of 2 no end if his name was Mattise. if u have any say at all, prevent the kid from being called that

How about Charbel, Joe, Steven, Antoine, Hardine (prounounced Har Deen Eh, Patrick, Paul, Peter, Elias (after St. Elias A.K.A St. Elijah the man who went into heaven B.C in Arabic anyone named Elias can be called "La Loos"), John, Robert, Thomas, Nicholas, Vincent, Mathew, Francis, and Mathew. For girls Rafqa (Pronounced Ruff uh), Therese (or Theresa), Mary, Rita, Elizabeth, Catherine, and Claire.

Edited by musturde

I Like the name Mason for a boy

Any girls name with a "Mc" in it is very popular right now i know 3 baby girls all about 9 months old with the name "mckayla", "mackenze" and "mckenna"

I like s names for girls, Sierra, Savana, Sarina

Please, present and future parents...

keep in mind that no matter how charming or clever an unusual name may sound to you, your child will have to live with this name for his or her entire life. Naming a boy "Matisse" is like tattooing "Please Beat Me Up" on his forehead.

And the "last name as first name" trend for girls went out with the dot-com era. Please, no more little girls with first names like Campbell, MacKenzie, Schwartz, or McGillicuddy.

Please read the very enlightening, and hilarious, website of INCH, the Institute for Naming Children Humanely, before you make a big mistake !

http://inch.stormpages.com/

BullnaChinaShop

That name makes me think of Cedric the Entertainer.

The name Cedric was created for a character in Ivanhoe (a book I highly recommend) by Sir Walter Scott. I think it is a really cool name but I would be more likely to name a dog that than a kid. It is just a name I really like. :)

That INCH website is funny. :lol:

revolutionoflove

Man, I am sooo out of the loop. I'm gone for awhile and people are getting married and having babies and who knows what else! I am so happy for you, dust!! Congrats to you and the mrs!

littleflower+JMJ

well in a homemaking class at my high school i took they said to always spell the name of the child the most normal way otherwise the kid is going to suffer always correcting and might have trouble spelling it when learning...

like my friend named her son, cristofer, instead of Christopher

no matter what teachers are going to spell it the latter

also try to avoid names that pass for both genders, some ppl named their boy ashley...

and never make a name that could pass as a joke, my teacher told us of this father who had two daugthers and their last name was "Pig" and he named his first daughter "Ima Pig" and his second daughter "Yura Pig" now how horrible is that?

(dont know if it was true or not, still wonder about it today, but you get the point!)

littleflower+JMJ

How about Simba?

I've always loved the Lion King. LOL

Simba kinda sounds like a girl name dont' ya think?

i would definitly go with Mufasa!! now thats manly!!

:lol: