An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baby Names

dUSt

IcePrincessKRS

and never make a name that could pass as a joke, my teacher told us of this father who had two daugthers and their last name was "Pig" and he named his first daughter "Ima Pig" and his second daughter "Yura Pig" now how horrible is that?

(dont know if it was true or not, still wonder about it today, but you get the point!)

I thought it was "Hog"... I forget, maybe it was "Pig"... either way, I'm not sure if its true or not, my uncle said it was, and that the dad was some rich guy from Houston (my uncle is from Houston)....

littleflower+JMJ

yeah! it might have been "Hog" i'm not sure either, somtimes i dont' pay attention in class so i get things all wrong alot......

but their like from north texas or something....

or so they say........

:rolleyes:

Trust me, that "Ima Hog" and "Ura Hog" thing is an urban legend! Sort of like the stories of people named Orangejello (uh-RAHN-juh-lo), Lemonjello (luh-MON-juh-lo), Syphilis (suh-FILE-us), and Gonorrhea (guh-NOR-ri-uh).

Oops, I stand corrected. That story is only PARTLY an urban legend. There was inDouche an Ima Hogg, who was the daughter of a former governor of Texas. However, she did NOT have a sister named Ura Hogg. Click on this link to theSnopes site for more info (you'll have to scroll down a bit).

littleflower+JMJ

wait a minute! does this mean santa and the tooth fairy aren't true either?? :o

this is awful!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Waahhh!!! :unsure:

*opps sorry guys i promised i'll behave*

so its partially true...wow thats still neat though, maybe the other sister changed her name?

IcePrincessKRS

"mansion she and her brothers had built in 1927, to the Museum of Fine Artsqv in Houston"

I kinda thought it might bw true because my uncle pointed out to me where this mansion is, but there were alot of trees so I couldn't see it. Sometimes you just can't tell when my uncle is joking, though. lol

littleflower+JMJ

Sometimes you just can't tell when my uncle is joking, though. lol

you have uncles like that too? i do also

:o

IcePrincessKRS

Oh yeah.... and my Uncle Joe is the biggest jokester (different uncle than the one mentioned above). The thing is, sometimes I don't believe him when he says something because I think he's joking, but he isn't. lol

BullnaChinaShop

One time Lauren and I started trying to come up with the most awful combinations of names we could, including making the initials spell funny things. That was a lot of fun but I can't remember much of what we came up with. We sure are easily amused though.

IcePrincessKRS

My brother in law was almost named Andrew Simon. Then my in laws realized that his initials would spell ASS. :lol: Obviously, they changed the choice for his middle name.

Well now,if it's a boy,then Nikolas is a cool name. But then,i'm biased...It's my name! hehe. And of course,my son's name as well. My wife's name is Melynn. It's a beautiful,unique,French name. So if it's a girl,that's another suggestion for ya. BTW,Cool as ice website! B)