An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need Some Religious!

melporcristo

JMJT+

Praise Be Jesus Christ!

Our Youth Conference is 2 weeks away. About 9 months ago, I worked on getting a good solid Religious order to come and be present at this years youth conference. Something came up and they canceled on us 2 weeks ago. :(

Does anyone know an order that is in good standing with the Church and that are great with youth to come out to Boise, ID for the youth conference?? Accommodations are provided but the order may have to find their own transportation. But this is also negotiable. Religious just need to set up info about their order at the Vocations Station and be present to the youth to answer questions they may have about religious life.

If you do - please let me know! AND Please keep the youth going to the conference in your prayers! We are hoping it is as amazing and moving as last years, if not even better!

In Christ,
Melporcristo

PS An order that is bilingual is a PLUS :-)

[quote name='melporcristo' date='13 February 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1266095065' post='2056605']
JMJT+

Praise Be Jesus Christ!

Our Youth Conference is 2 weeks away. About 9 months ago, I worked on getting a good solid Religious order to come and be present at this years youth conference. Something came up and they canceled on us 2 weeks ago. :(

Does anyone know an order that is in good standing with the Church and that are great with youth to come out to Boise, ID for the youth conference?? Accommodations are provided but the order may have to find their own transportation. But this is also negotiable. Religious just need to set up info about their order at the Vocations Station and be present to the youth to answer questions they may have about religious life.

If you do - please let me know! AND Please keep the youth going to the conference in your prayers! We are hoping it is as amazing and moving as last years, if not even better!

In Christ,
Melporcristo

PS An order that is bilingual is a PLUS :-)
[/quote]
I do know of a community that might be interested in attending this conference, but more information would be needed and they are monetarily poor. please e-mail them at HACvocations@yahoo.com this is the vocations e-mail for the Olivetan Benedictine Sisters in Jonesboro AR. Thank you

What about the Franciscans of the Renewal? The friars might be able to drive from Texas or New Mexico.

http://franciscanfriars.com/contacts/index.htm

laetitia crucis

Hmmm.. how about the [url="http://www.sistersofmarymotherofthechurch.org/"]Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church[/url]?

I don't know if any of them are bilingual, but geographically, they're about a seven hour drive away. :idontknow:

Edit: They're from Spokane, WA

Edited by laetitia crucis

laetitia crucis

There's also the [url="http://www.ssvmusa.org"]Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara[/url].

They do a lot of work with youth and are most definitely bilingual. Usually they'd send Sisters to vocation fairs/conferences from D.C., but there's also a mission house in San Jose, CA. Soo... you never know, right? In the past, Sisters have gone to Benedictine College (Atchison, Kansas) for one of their vocations fairs. Worth a try, I'd say. :)

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='13 February 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1266103860' post='2056692']
Hmmm.. how about the [url="http://www.sistersofmarymotherofthechurch.org/"]Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church[/url]?

I don't know if any of them are bilingual, but geographically, they're about a seven hour drive away. :idontknow:

Edit: They're from Spokane, WA
[/quote]

:) Thank you - they were actually the sisters who couldn't make it :)

JMJT

Hello! Thank you all who helped me try to find religious. There are going to be 2 sisters coming from a Franciscan Order, which will be nice! Please keep all of the youth and those working the conference in your prayers!!

Thank you!

The conference will be the 26th through the 28th.

In Christ,
Melissa

laetitia crucis

[quote name='melporcristo' date='18 February 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1266473320' post='2058694']
JMJT

Hello! Thank you all who helped me try to find religious. There are going to be 2 sisters coming from a Franciscan Order, which will be nice! Please keep all of the youth and those working the conference in your prayers!!

Thank you!

The conference will be the 26th through the 28th.

In Christ,
Melissa
[/quote]

Blessed be God, Melissa! This is such great news to hear!

May our Blessed Mother plant many vocational seeds that weekend! :pray:

• 2 weeks later...
melporcristo

+JMJT+

A little update ...
The conference went well. Thank you all for the prayers. It was beautiful to see the young men & women there who felt Our Lord speaking to them in a special way. There was a handful of those young people who stood when they felt Christ calling them to a religious vocation. So, thank you for the prayers!

Praise You Jesus!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='melporcristo' date='02 March 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1267504174' post='2065150']
+JMJT+

A little update ...
The conference went well. Thank you all for the prayers. It was beautiful to see the young men & women there who felt Our Lord speaking to them in a special way. There was a handful of those young people who stood when they felt Christ calling them to a religious vocation. So, thank you for the prayers!

Praise You Jesus!
[/quote]

:clap:

I am glad to hear that it went to swell! May their vocations continue to prosper within the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts. :sign:

littlesister

Thanks and blessings for all the work and worry that went into the Conference. Even though it was too far for us, I'm so happy that you had religious in the end.

melporcristo

JMJT

Funny glory story ...

When they had the Vocations Call - I decided I didn't want to go up since I didn't want the attention on me (I went up last year). So as they announced, "If there are any young women who felt Christ calling them to discern the religious life, please come up." So I'm sitting there and I hear about 5 of my teens and chaperones yell, "GO MEL!! GO!!" and literally pushing me out of my seat :sweat:, so I go up, people are clapping as the young women go forward, and as I walk to the front, another one of our teens was there too!! It was so beautiful! Having her back to me, after the beautiful prayer they prayed, she turns around and just exclaims, "NO WAY!!" and we hugged and she was so excited because she had no idea I was discerning. It was a beautiful moment of encouragement for me, and I'm sure for her, too!