An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teaching Muslim Children To Hate The Jews

HisChildForever

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='19 February 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1266603772' post='2059522']
I find nothing beautiful in a religious ideology that openly denies the dogmas of the Trinity and the Incarnation.
[/quote]

Alas, if only I were not out of positives.

Although to get back to children's shows teaching the hatred of Jews, Farfour, Hamas's Mickey Mouse ripoff was "martyred" by Jewish "terrorists".

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrieBhaGgHM[/media]

Edited by BG45

HisChildForever

I read an article recently about Islam and ancient paganism of the Middle East, in which before the creation of Islam Allah was one of the gods worshiped, and Muhammad decided to make him the supreme deity. I will look for that article.

KeenanParkerII

[quote]I read an article recently about Islam and ancient paganism of the Middle East, in which before the creation of Islam Allah was one of the gods worshiped, and Muhammad decided to make him the supreme deity. I will look for that article[/quote]

^ It's true. Allah was the both the God of creation and the God of intertribal relations. But they didn't pay much attention to him. It seems like the star deities, the poets and their jinns, abnormal rocks, trees, and ancient tribal relics retained the devotion of the cults. I do believe that other religions can have little embodiments of truth, and this would be such a case.

Edited by KeenanParkerII

But in one of the Gospels, isn't the Altar to the unknown god argued to be for the One True God? It is possible to have a flawed notion of a perfect God, I believe.

HisChildForever

This is not the article I was referring to, but it does acknowledge the theory behind Allah as a pagan deity. The article focuses more on Islam "borrowing" from Judaism and Christianity.

[quote]A few weeks ago I removed from our library a misplaced document which purported to prove that Islam was really a polytheistic faith based on an ancient pagan god of the half-moon. The article ignored Mohammed’s obvious purpose, inspired by Judaism and Christianity, of using the cult associated with a particular god to wipe away the old local pantheon, insisting that there is only one God in heaven and earth.[/quote]

http://www.catholicculture.org/commentary/articles.cfm?id=215

[quote name='Winchester' date='19 February 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1266604824' post='2059544']
But in one of the Gospels, isn't the Altar to the unknown god argued to be for the One True God? It is possible to have a flawed notion of a perfect God, I believe.
[/quote]
It is in the book of Acts, but of course that altar was not set up in direct opposition to the revelation of God in Christ.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='19 February 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1266604985' post='2059547']
It is in the book of Acts, but of course that altar was not set up in direct opposition to the revelation of God in Christ.
[/quote]
Nothing man makes is monolithic. The religion of Mahomet is a fractured collection of human thoughts, with parts that are true and parts that are false. Even attributing it to direct interference from a demon would not make it monolithic.

HisChildForever

[quote name='BG45' date='19 February 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1266604051' post='2059528']

Although to get back to children's shows teaching the hatred of Jews, Farfour, Hamas's Mickey Mouse ripoff was "martyred" by Jewish "terrorists".

[/quote]

As a budding psychologist, I cringe when I see things like this. They are turning children into little monsters.

[quote name='Winchester' date='19 February 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1266605074' post='2059549']
Nothing man makes is monolithic. The religion of Mahomet is a fractured collection of human thoughts, with parts that are true and parts that are false. Even attributing it to direct interference from a demon would not make it monolithic.
[/quote]
Even the "parts that are true" have no salvific value, that is, unless you wish to argue in support of Pelagianism. Salvific faith comes through divine revelation, and not through man's own natural efforts to abstract a concept of God from the created world. For example: Islamic monotheism is not a good, because it involves an explicit denial of the revealed dogma of the Trinity.

Edited by Apotheoun

KeenanParkerII

[quote]Nothing man makes is monolithic. The religion of Mahomet is a fractured collection of human thoughts, with parts that are true and parts that are false. Even attributing it to direct interference from a demon would not make it monolithic.[/quote]

True enough. There are definitely aspects of truth. Islam acknowledges the Virgin Birth for example.. Those aspects of truth are grossly perverted though and come 600 years after the fact.

http://www.catholicculture.org/commentary/articles.cfm?id=215

I want to read this article but I gotta go do homework.. laterz

[quote name='BG45' date='19 February 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1266604051' post='2059528']

[/quote]

ew.

just ew.

HisChildForever

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='19 February 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1266605457' post='2059554']
True enough. There are definitely aspects of truth. Islam acknowledges the Virgin Birth for example.. Those aspects of truth are grossly perverted though and come 600 years after the fact.[/quote]

Acknowledging already existing truth and professing so-called truth are two different things.

[quote]I want to read this article but I gotta go do homework.. laterz
[/quote]

Pfft, learn how to multi-task. :rolleyes: I be doing homework right now.