An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are Best Examples Of "good" Religious Recruitment?

LightofMary

laetitia crucis

Personally, I think the "best" example is the religious himself/herself. [i]Physically [/i]seeing and meeting good and holy religious (that are faithful to the Church and to their charism and vows), and also seeing that they are "normal" has been a great blessing in nurturing my vocation. :)

When I've met religious like that I'm at least curious about their Order and way of life, and therefore, more likely to consider initiating formal discernment with their community.

Other things that I've found helpful:

- thorough, informative websites; including a few vocation stories (that way you can kind of "meet" the Sisters)
- media publications, interviews, articles, brochures, etc.
- vocation fairs/exhibitions
- "Come & See"s :twothumbsup:

brightsadness

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='25 February 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1267148337' post='2063063']
Personally, I think the "best" example is the religious himself/herself. [i]Physically [/i]seeing and meeting good and holy religious (that are faithful to the Church and to their charism and vows), and also seeing that they are "normal" has been a great blessing in nurturing my vocation. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

"Come & See"s [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/twothumbsup.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/caption_yes.gif[/img]

EWTN shows, specials, and commercials can show it.

movies like The Trouble With Angels--a lighthearted commedy about two girls starting mischief at their boarding school being run by sisters

TotusTuusMaria

I love how the sister servants of the eternal word pray to the guardian angels of future sisters and ask them to guide those future candidates/sisters and protect and watch over them.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' date='27 February 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1267308724' post='2063906']
I love how the sister servants of the eternal word pray to the guardian angels of future sisters and ask them to guide those future candidates/sisters and protect and watch over them.
[/quote]

That is very awesome. I had no idea! :clap:

In the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate, they have what I'd call "open" entrance (no set entrance date for a "class"). When a new Sister enters, it's one of her duties to pray for the next aspirant, who ever and where ever she may be.

I always thought that was really lovely. :)

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='27 February 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1267308855' post='2063910']
That is very awesome. I had no idea! :clap:

In the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate, they have what I'd call "open" entrance (no set entrance date for a "class"). When a new Sister enters, it's one of her duties to pray for the next aspirant, who ever and where ever she may be.

I always thought that was really lovely. :)
[/quote]

That is so beautiful!

Yes, the Sister Servants pray to the guardian angels of future sisters daily at morning prayer!

I think its lovely too!

Indwelling Trinity

Sorry Guys, it is not like me to open my mouth in such a fashion but......

Why do I feel like I am on a fishing expedition and I am the fish? Is it paranoia or is it so?

Looking at the topics recently posted today, makes me wonder. If statistics are wanted or needed.... please just ask openly and honestly I am sure many will oblige happily.

No rudeness intended but I have a strong feeling for and respect for each persons individual vocation wherever that may be.

Laughing i will probably hate myself in the morning for saying this but it is boiling up in me today. I guess because I am wrestling with a topic which i think very important but do not know the wisdom right now of bringing it up: or if the lord wants it and I am not talking about my own vision of community. I beg your patience..... :sadder:

Indwelling Trinity

Edited by Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' date='27 February 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1267324914' post='2064060']
Sorry Guys, it is not like me to open my mouth in such a fashion but......

Why do I feel like I am on a fishing expedition and I am the fish? Is it paranoia or is it so?

Looking at the topics recently posted today, makes me wonder. If statistics are wanted or needed.... please just ask openly and honestly I am sure many will oblige happily.

No rudeness intended but I have a strong feeling for and respect for each persons individual vocation wherever that may be.

Laughing i will probably hate myself in the morning for saying this but it is boiling up in me today. I guess because I am wrestling with a topic which i think very important but do not know the wisdom right now of bringing it up: or if the lord wants it and I am not talking about my own vision of community. I beg your patience..... :sadder:

Indwelling Trinity
[/quote]

The topic is intended to go into the mind of modern discerners to find out what, in their opinion, works best to promote religious vocations. Studies are definitely out and if one is serious about it that is the route to go. But the idea of the thread is to generate discussions. That is all!

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='LightofMary' date='28 February 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1267382301' post='2064299']
The topic is intended to go into the mind of modern discerners to find out what, in their opinion, works best to promote religious vocations. Studies are definitely out and if one is serious about it that is the route to go. But the idea of the thread is to generate discussions. That is all!
[/quote]

Ooops looks like i did step on a toe... sorry, no offence meant.:ohno:

mariaassunta

Well the person themselves otherwise the internet can help, but leaflets or vocation packs also help alot!! :lol_roll: