An Old School Catholic Message Board

KeenanParkerII

KeenanParkerII

Im sitting here on campus studying and I take a five minute break.. take out this little copy of the Psalms and start reading, feeling a bit awkward.. I didn't even think anyone could see me, but this guy walking buy just says "That is Life!" and nods at my book. It made my morning!

God Bless you this day as we strive for true life in the world. :)

Ephrem Augustine

I was doing that one time, a man walks up to me and says, "You know every word in that book is true." Smiles and walks away.

KeenanParkerII

Haha, sweet. It definitely reaffirms the faith, first thing in the morning, first day back to school.

Rebecca2009

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='01 March 2010 - 12:10 PM' timestamp='1267463456' post='2064779']
That's pretty cool. :D

For both yours and Ephrem Augustine's!!
[/quote]

:D

rhetoricfemme

That is most awesome!

A few years ago I was sitting in a coffee shop reading [url="http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Choosing-to-Be-Catholic/William-J-Omalley/e/9781594710438/?itm=1&USRI=choosing+to+be+catholic"]Choosing to Be Catholic[/url], and this random college aged guy walked by, stopped and said, "You've found the Lord, that's great!" or something like that (I could probably dig out that era's journal to tell you what he exactly said, lol).

I asked him if he was Catholic, and he said no, he was Lutheran, but it was still great that I had God in my life. I had warm fuzzies.

We were in a resort ski town that weekend and I had altitude sickness, so I sat in a few coffee shops that day, lol. In one of them, there was a young guy who'd hurt his leg so he was sitting there, too. He was had a big stack of books about Catholicism and the priesthood. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, I was too excited/bewildered/shy to ask him any questions. Kinda regret that...

KeenanParkerII

I completely forgot I had posted this thread! It was just before my mid-terms began, and my brain's all scrambled now they're done. :lol:

[quote]That is most awesome!

A few years ago I was sitting in a coffee shop reading Choosing to Be Catholic, and this random college aged guy walked by, stopped and said, "You've found the Lord, that's great!" or something like that (I could probably dig out that era's journal to tell you what he exactly said, lol).

I asked him if he was Catholic, and he said no, he was Lutheran, but it was still great that I had God in my life. I had warm fuzzies.[/quote]

True enough. I doubt this guy was Catholic; there are a lot of Protestant Bible clubs at my Uni. But it was a warm fuzzy moment nonetheless.

[quote]That is sweet, but we also need God as well.[/quote]

I'm not really understanding this post..? =(

[quote name='rhetoricfemme' date='02 March 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1267591563' post='2065753']
We were in a resort ski town that weekend and I had altitude sickness, so I sat in a few coffee shops that day, lol. In one of them, there was a young guy who'd hurt his leg so he was sitting there, too. He was had a big stack of books about Catholicism and the priesthood. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, I was too excited/bewildered/shy to ask him any questions. Kinda regret that...
[/quote]

Great Ignatius of Loyola moment.

princessgianna

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='01 March 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1267461292' post='2064763']
Im sitting here on campus studying and I take a five minute break.. take out this little copy of the Psalms and start reading, feeling a bit awkward.. I didn't even think anyone could see me, but this guy walking buy just says "That is Life!" and nods at my book. It made my morning!

God Bless you this day as we strive for true life in the world. :)
[/quote]
Awesome. A couple years ago after Mass my pregnant mother was starving and since the drive was longer than 20 min my dad decided to stop off at McDonalds. We get our food, and do what we always do= prayed and began to eat. It was obvious we came from Mass for the girls were wearing dresses and the guys suits. This african american guy through out this whole time was smiling and nodding apporvally at my parents. Before we left he stopped my parents and told my dad and my mom they "were doing just fine"! It was really cute!