An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters Of The Lamb

Tridenteen

JMJ
So, if everything works out, three other girls and myself are going for a retreat in April to the Sisters of the Lamb. The sisters are sooooo sweet! We are debating whether just to stay Saturday to Sunday, since it will be our first time there, or go Friday to Sunday. The Sisters are going to see what they want to do first, then they will get back with us. So, may I be so bold as to ask for prayers that everything works out? This will be a bit of a different discernment retreat, with a special prayer intention involved :-) By the way, has anyone been on a retreat with them before? It seems that among the Sisters there are, French, German, Spanish, and Italian nationalities. I know a few phrases in each language, so maybe they could each me more [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_roll.gif[/img]

laetitia crucis

I have never visited or heard of these Sisters before.

However, I will offer prayers for you and the Sisters, Tridenteen!

:sign: :pray:

][quote name='laetitia crucis' date='22 March 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1269311797' post='2078109']
I have never visited or heard of these Sisters before.

However, I will offer prayers for you and the Sisters, Tridenteen!

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/signofcross.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/pray.gif[/img]
[/quote]

JMJ
They are an incredibly poor Dominican Community. I think I just put a picture of them in here, but I'm not sure. Anyways, they beg their food, give retreats, I think they do catechism and such...and I will find the rest out later!

EDIT
Never mind. It didn't work. How do you put pictures on here?

Edited by Tridenteen

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='22 March 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1269312114' post='2078113']
]

JMJ
They are an incredibly poor Dominican Community. I think I just put a picture of them in here, but I'm not sure. Anyways, they beg their food, give retreats, I think they do catechism and such...and I will find the rest out later!

EDIT
Never mind. It didn't work. How do you put pictures on here?
[/quote]

When you go to post, do you see the little button that looks like an envelope? Click the button next to it on the left (square with a picture of a tree inside of it) and insert the URL of the picture. :) I hope that made sense... :unsure:

This button: [IMG]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/picture.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by laetitia crucis

laetitia crucis

Oh wow -- so they seem [i]kind of[/i] like a Dominican/Franciscan hybrid order! [i]Nice![/i]

Edit: For anyone that is interested, here is their history -- [url="http://www.communautedelagneau.org/adminzone/docs/BeggarsOfferingAnneCHarris.pdf"]Click[/url].

Edited by laetitia crucis

From my experience and exposure to their community, they primarily speak French, a lot of the Sisters, if I remember correctly, have very strong French Accents. They speak English well. One weekend while attending a Hispanic Mass in Kansas City, their were two Little Sisters of the Lamb who were there. So they are well versed.

[quote name='the_rev' date='22 March 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1269314354' post='2078148']
From my experience and exposure to their community, they primarily speak French, a lot of the Sisters, if I remember correctly, have very strong French Accents. They speak English well. One weekend while attending a Hispanic Mass in Kansas City, their were two Little Sisters of the Lamb who were there. So they are well versed.
[/quote]

JMJ
The sister on the phone warned me about their accents, and told me not to worry if they ask us to repeat something several times...that's fine, I have know quite a few people with that "problem", and my only issue is I pick up the thick accent.

IgnatiusofLoyola

Wow! This is an order that doesn't just vow "poverty" but lives it. I wonder if you will have to beg your food during your retreat?

I am in awe of anyone who can place so much trust in God. Clearly, the members of this order are such "close friends" with God that they can trust him daily for something as basic as food.

I'll be very interested to hear what the retreat is like. Unfortunately, we won't be able to "hear" you speak with a thick French accent, but maybe you'll start "typing" with a French accent. :->

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='22 March 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1269316754' post='2078167']
Wow! This is an order that doesn't just vow "poverty" but lives it. I wonder if you will have to beg your food during your retreat?

I am in awe of anyone who can place so much trust in God. Clearly, the members of this order are such "close friends" with God that they can trust him daily for something as basic as food.

I'll be very interested to hear what the retreat is like. Unfortunately, we won't be able to "hear" you speak with a thick French accent, but maybe you'll start "typing" with a French accent. :->
[/quote]

JMJ
I told the sister on the phone we would bring money for pizza (for us and the community), and that got her [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_roll.gif[/img] Some newspaper did a beatiful article on them. I read it online quite some time ago...hmm, where was it from?

[quote name='brightsadness' date='23 March 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1269389134' post='2078658']
i hope you have a wonderful time.

love and prayers,
anya
[/quote]

JMJ
Anya, didn't you just go on a retreat? How did it go?

brightsadness

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='23 March 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1269389275' post='2078661']
JMJ
Anya, didn't you just go on a retreat? How did it go?
[/quote]

I couldn't take the time off in Feb. to go on retreat after being stranded back east for a week during the Snow Events. However on April 17th I am flying to NY for an extended stay with the Basilian Nuns. YES!

[quote name='brightsadness' date='23 March 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1269390551' post='2078678']
I couldn't take the time off in Feb. to go on retreat after being stranded back east for a week during the Snow Events. However on April 17th I am flying to NY for an extended stay with the Basilian Nuns. YES!
[/quote]

Sorry you weren't able to make the retreat.By the way, I thought that the sisters were the Sisters of the Lamb Of God in kentucky.They too were founded in France. I'll have to check out the Little Sisters of the Lamb's website.