An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ten Things For An Aspirant Not To Say

IgnatiusofLoyola

maximillion

Where will you put my Grand Piano when I enter?

Silk underwear really IS the best you know! I am presuming I can bring mine.

I know you said 'plain', but I only have Victoria's Secret.............

Can I still get up for milk and honey if I can't sleep?

brandelynmarie

:) My mom used to make me warm milk & honey when I was sick.

And from what I hear, long underwear made from silk is the bomb...lightweight & warm...I need to go find me a pair, lol.

Edited by brandelynmarie

Catherine Mectilde

No, I don't think I'll be cleaning the bathrooms; have I not told you how friendly I am with the bishop?

Catherine Mectilde

I mean, I'll put up with the way things are for the moment but I'm hanging on in there for women's ordination. THEN we can sort out the Church.

When's the next slumber party?
Can I sleep in the same room as the abbess/abbot until I get used to a room of my own
Looking at all these habits -  and I always thought black was supposed to be so slimming.

No, I don't think I'll be cleaning the bathrooms; have I not told you how friendly I am with the bishop?

I mean, I'll put up with the way things are for the moment but I'm hanging on in there for women's ordination. THEN we can sort out the Church.

Haha!

OnlySunshine

(to the Superior):

You and I should switch cells now so you get used to me being Superior when I become one in the next 5 years.  ;)

I'm only joining your order since I can get my blessing of deaconesses. you know? i'll be an ordained person then thats kinda like being a priest

From a young age i knew i was called to join an order that wears a habit. nuns who dont wear habits are not real nuns

I am an older vocation and yours was the only order who takes over 65s.

OnlySunshine

Can I volunteer only for the assignments I like doing and turn down assignments I don't like?

I don't like wearing the black community habit all the time.  Is it possible to switch it up with a colorful dress once in a while?

Can I bring my Foosball or ping pong table?

When do I get my weekly allowance?

brandelynmarie

I'd like to bring my entire, very extensive tape & CD collection of Christian rock from the 80's & 90's. :) I'm sure the sisters would love it. :hehe:

(to the Superior):

You and I should switch cells now so you get used to me being Superior when I become one in the next 5 years.  ;)

You and I should switch cells because the last shall be first!