An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ten Things For An Aspirant Not To Say

IgnatiusofLoyola

Ancilla Domini

I'm in the habit of practicing Buddhist meditation for an hour each day. Can I build my schedule around this practice? I may have to skip None for it.

You know I think you should get with 21st Century feminism - that Pope guy is okay but he's not a woman, is he? Do we really have to do what he says?

Ancilla Domini

I made a bet with my best friend that I'd become a nun. (She didn't think I would.) When I rake in the bucks after my final profession, can I keep it for myself, or do I need to like, give it to the convent or the other nuns or something?

I think you aspire to me at least as much as I aspire to you. That's perfectly fine - unlike most other people I feel comfortable being treated as an end in myself. I've been noticing it in the little things - how you all are imitating my gestures, the tone of voice in which you ask questions, all that. 

Wait, you don't think so?  Well, I never...hmph.  I'm not pointing fingers around here, but SOME people need to get their egos fixed.

veritasluxmea

*stubs toe on door*

%*)@$#   #$%*)*   *%)@*$(%!!!!!  $&%@!  $&%@!  $&%@! 

Once I was talking on the phone with a sister and I started to lose the connection and right before it cut out I said a cuss word. Not the best way to end a conversation! 

Sister Leticia

What's in that basket? Oh, it's my dear Kitty-Cat, we're like, y'know, inseparable.

Oh, don't worry, she's really sweet and house-trained and won't cost much to feed. And I've just read this article on detachment, so I won't be at all possessive - I'll let all the other nuns take their turn at cuddling her.

salveregina10

Is there a particular place I need to park my Hummer, or can it just stay out front with my camper?   :bounce: