Sign in to follow this  
IgnatiusofLoyola

Ten Things For An Aspirant Not To Say

OnlySunshine

Do I really have to cut off all my long hair when I get the veil?  How will I braid it or put it up?

Can I go to the mall on weekends?

I'm not here to be a nun forever.  I'm just here long enough to get a free education.

Francis Clare
I like to get tattoos to mark milestones in my life. Will you let me go to the tat parlor when I become a Novice. I'm envisioning the community motto intertwined with some flowers, my new name or something like that. My back or ankle would be a good place, no?!

nikita92
"Can I bring a certain pillow? I am a stomach,(side,back) sleeper and if I don't have the proper support while sleeping, my neck will cause me problems that interfer with every day activities"

AveMariaPurissima

I've slept with this teddy bear since I was little -- can I bring it with me when I enter?

chrysostom

If I profess perpetual vows does that mean I don't have to pay alimony and child support anymore?

I can teach you all so much! :)

LOL

OnlySunshine

"Can I bring a certain pillow? I am a stomach,(side,back) sleeper and if I don't have the proper support while sleeping, my neck will cause me problems that interfer with every day activities"

Actually, this doesn't seem like an unreasonable request if done for the right reasons and in the right setting (privately with VD or Superior).  If you get a letter from your doctor, they might allow you to bring it.

OnlySunshine

Do I really have to give up caffeine?  If I don't have 5 cups of coffee, I can't function.

Your Sister chef doesn't know how to cook.  Can I bring my personal chef?

Can I bring my DVD player?

chrysostom

I have a girlfriend in town.  Just letting you guys know that I am also discerning marriage.  Don't worry, though - I'll definitely make a decision before professing perpetual vows.

I think the chapel you offer Mass in is not very pretty.  I have some ideas for how to improve it.  I think you might attract more vocations that way - you're lucky you at least have me and the other guy, Dave.

OnlySunshine

The chapel is so bare!  You need some bright colors and pictures to spruce it up.  How about Thomas Kinkade?

Do I really have to take the vow of poverty?  How will I ever buy anything?

Does anyone really take the vow of chastity anymore?  Can't we just omit that in case I decide I want to get married?