An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ten Things For An Aspirant Not To Say

IgnatiusofLoyola

I don't like your veils very much.

Have you by any chance been reading the comments on the other thread? There are a few communities I could have said this to.

To Sister in charge of Wardrobe:

I like the SOL habits. Can we do a re-design?

I don't really believe all the tenets of the Catholic faith and lean more towards Eastern religions, so can I just sit in the back of the chapel and watch everyone else participate in the Mass? I promise to be quiet.

You're not alone. I am also a "guest" in the cloister.

Ancilla Domini

I'm an extrovert and really need companionship and socialization. Would it be possible to allow me more visits from friends/family than you allow the other sisters? Like, I was thinking...every Saturday?

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

I'm taking weight-loss pills to get an Audrey Hepburn waist. May I continue to take my pills while I'm in the convent?

IgnatiusofLoyola

I love your Order's charism and apostolate, but I think your veil is ugly. Can I wear--1)  a Dominican, 2) a Carmelite, 3) No, 4) Some Other--veil instead?

petitpèlerin

My gym has a location nearby. I'll be able to use a car, right?

(True story. At least I had the sense not to say it. ;) )

PhuturePriest

I know this is a convent and I'm a guy, but can I join? I feel like I could serve as extra muscle to help with lifting things.

veritasluxmea

I know this is a convent and I'm a guy, but can I join? I feel like I could serve as extra muscle to help with lifting things.

I actually do know of a girl who fell in love with a group of friars she knew well and asked if they do accept women... she was only half joking!  :hehe2:

PhuturePriest

I actually do know of a girl who fell in love with a group of friars she knew well and asked if they do accept women... she was only half joking!  :hehe2:

hqdefault.jpg

Sister Leticia

I'm usually chatting on the internet until well after midnight anyway, so I'm sure I can stay up an extra hour or so until 2 o'clock for this night office you do - just as long as I can have a good long lie in the next morning, otherwise I'll be too tired and grumpy to do anything!