An Old School Catholic Message Board

Boyfriend Thinks He May Want To Be A Priest.

Tink

Granted that there's only so much that you as a mother can do for an adult child, I would say that the best thing would be for your daughter to try to do her best to get over the ex/potential seminarian (and I know that's a lot easier said than done.) Nothing good can come from dating a man who is not sure whether or not he's called to be a priest. 

Adding on to my last post...

I.e., if the romantic relationship does work out, there's always going to be a lingering "what if...?" in the man's mind. That could lead to the man feeling resentful of his wife, or the wife feeling guilty later on. On the other hand, if the man does persevere in the seminary onto ordination, then that will only leave the woman involved with a broken heart (not to mention all the time that might have been wasted if she was secretly carrying a touch for him during his time in discernment and formation).

The best thing to do would be for the man to take whatever time he needed to make a peaceful decision for or against the priesthood. If he does come to a mature and serene decision not to pursue ordination, he will be in a much better place to enter into a healthy romantic relationship.

I agree totally with all of the above.