An Old School Catholic Message Board

Application To Novitiate

IrishSalesian

IrishSalesian

Hello one and all! Today at Mass I submitted my application letter to the novitiate. So, here is my letter, I will share it with you. Please pray for me as I enter into this next stage of my discernment! Thank you!

Adam, Irishsalesian.

Dear Fr. Provincial,
I, Adam Nicholas Dupré, after a careful process of prayer and discernment wish to apply for the novitiate for the Salesians of Don Bosco in the Procince of St. Phillip the Apostle. I have obtained from my director and my confessor permission to make this application. I make this application of my own free will and have not been influenced by anyone or anything other than God.
I wish to make this application because I believe that this is my path to holiness. I wish to serve the young, poor, and abandoned in the charism of St. John Bosco.
In writing this application I wish to invoke Our Blessed Mother, Mary Help of Christians, St. Joseph, St. Francis DeSales, St. John Bosco, and all of the Salesian saints, blesseds, and venerables to pray for me and to assist me in my discernment.
Prayerfully,
Adam Nicholas Dupré

May God's will be done with your application. It is a privilege to be asked to pray for a person's vocation :bigpray: .

laetitia crucis

Prayers for you, IrishSalesian! May God and our Blessed Mother give you all the graces needed as you continue to pursue your vocation!

:bigpray:

• 3 weeks later...
IrishSalesian

Thank you all so much for your prayers! They worked! It now appears that I am on the same page with God's will because I was officially accepted to the Novitiate for the Salesians this past Sunday. My entrance date is August 15, 2010!
Please continue to pray for me, know that I will pray for those here in the Vocation station!

Amor vincit omnia

[quote name='IrishSalesian' date='18 May 2010 - 11:19 AM' timestamp='1274192361' post='2112717']
Thank you all so much for your prayers! They worked! It now appears that I am on the same page with God's will because I was officially accepted to the Novitiate for the Salesians this past Sunday. My entrance date is August 15, 2010!
Please continue to pray for me, know that I will pray for those here in the Vocation station!
[/quote]

:yahoo: that's wonderful news IrishSalesian I will keep you in my payers!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='IrishSalesian' date='18 May 2010 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1274192361' post='2112717']
[/quote]

Congratulations! May God bless you!