An Old School Catholic Message Board

Flea Markets

Era Might

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Era Might' date='01 May 2010 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1272743415' post='2103234']
I discovered the world of flea markets today. I always knew they existed, of course, but I went to one today, and I enjoyed it. I didn't buy anything (and I wasn't looking to buy anything), but it was still interesting to walk around. They have everything you could imagine. I don't think I'll ever buy from a store again. I could see myself taking up flea markets as a hobby...not necessarily to buy anything, just to take in the sights and sounds. And who knows, you never know what you'll find.
[/quote]
You can get good deals at flea markets, but better deals at yard sales, people simply do not want to carry stuff back in the house once they resolved to get rid of it. We go every weekend to the flea market and buy all our produce, clothes and toys for the baby, and all our garden plants.

Era Might

[quote name='CatherineM' date='01 May 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1272744022' post='2103241']
I love flea markets. My mom and I used to go to them all the time when I was growing up. The ones in St. Pete were great and I miss them. Here they are kind of junky, but still a good place for people watching.
[/quote]
There's a huge flea market in Ft. Lauderdale called "The Swap Shop." It's not just a flea market...they have a drive-in theater and rides and food there as well.

Edited by Era Might

Era Might

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='01 May 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1272763100' post='2103394']
You can get good deals at flea markets, but better deals at yard sales, people simply do not want to carry stuff back in the house once they resolved to get rid of it. We go every weekend to the flea market and buy all our produce, clothes and toys for the baby, and all our garden plants.
[/quote]
Interesting. Though yard sales don't really give you the chance to walk around like a flea market does. But if you have something you're definitely shopping for, walking around isn't as important.

Maximilianus

[quote name='Maximilianus' date='01 May 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1272759453' post='2103368']
I used to go to a Farmers/Flea market when I lived in NJ. [s]There's[/s] There is a [size="2"]Mennonite/Amish market.[/size]
[/quote]
eh.

It is called Columbus Farmer's Market, it's off the NJ Turnpike. From what I understand it's huge now.

Edited by Maximilianus