An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Fuzzy Bunny Crusade

Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

If enough people are interested, I intend on resurrecting the Fuzzy Bunny Crusade.

I was never a part of it, but I want to be.

As far as I can tell, the idea is that the Crusaders go out of their way to evangelize specific other websites with member-posted content. Sounds like fun to me. We would need enough people who know their philosophy, theology, apologetics, etc., very well. I don't consider myself very good at that sort of thing, but I fully intend to help in every possible way.

So post here if you're interested like me in getting this rolling again. It would also help immensely if someone who *was* a part of it when it was still up and running could comment on some of the particulars of how the whole thing operated.

Anyway, hope you guys are interested. :)

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Hilde' date='08 May 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1273296970' post='2106766']
I'm a bunny for realz. What kind of sites are we talking about?
[/quote]
:idontknow: Wherever we're needed?
News sites with user-comment sections could be a nice place to start. Or maybe other fora with a non-religious character, that are still open to religious discussion (because I know many aren't).

Sometimes, I don't remember which, I've felt like I want some help. but I can't remember which right now. Sometimes I've also wanted to post about some threads here to hear you guys reaction, just to protect my little mind from whatever they're saying. But that's something a little different.

I've been to some news-sites where I wanted to post but I really don't have the courage to go it alone. They're in Norwegian anyways so it might not matter.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Hilde' date='08 May 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1273297423' post='2106775']
Sometimes, I don't remember which, I've felt like I want some help. but I can't remember which right now. Sometimes I've also wanted to post about some threads here to hear you guys reaction, just to protect my little mind from whatever they're saying. But that's something a little different.

I've been to some news-sites where I wanted to post but I really don't have the courage to go it alone. They're in Norwegian anyways so it might not matter.
[/quote]
You understand the feeling then. :) As far as I can tell, the whole FBC is a network so that nobody has to do that reaching-out on their own. There'll be support in place from people with potentially different or more expertise.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='08 May 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1273297813' post='2106783']
If you would have me, I would do it.
[/quote]
You're not allowed to post on Manic Muslims. :mellow:

;)

Edited by Nihil Obstat

Jesus_lol

I tend to post rebuttals to standard anti catholic posting on other forums like Reddit. such as pedophile conspiracy stuff, abortion and stuff.

but i wont go evangelizing, sorry.as a non catholic it would be especially lame for me to do so.

Edited by Jesus_lol

HisChildForever

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 01:52 AM' timestamp='1273297977' post='2106785']
You're not allowed to post on Manic Muslims. :mellow:

;)
[/quote]

I would operate under a different username and not post my face so as not to tarnish the group's image. :rolleyes:

I've tried the experiment before with a group outside of PM (but some members were PMers). They were mostly trads actually. All I can say is that it's not easy. Some groups will actually be hostile and sensor what you say. Some times, the only way is to seek out individuals who are willing to dialogue about the truth. Just remember to pray as much as you go into battle.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1273297156' post='2106771']
News sites with user-comment sections could be a nice place to start. Or maybe other fora with a non-religious character, that are still open to religious discussion (because I know many aren't).
[/quote]

Wow, I totally already do this! Count me in, this is so much fun, I love it!!! :))

Nihil Obstat

Looks like enough people will be interested enough to make this happen. ^_^

Do we just leave comments, or do we try to invite them to Phatmass? Are there any specific kind of instructions we need, or anything else we should know about the character of the Fuzzy Bunny Crusade?