An Old School Catholic Message Board

Steamed At Captain America

Pontifite 7 of 10

Pontifite 7 of 10

Who else in mad that Chris Evans (aka the Human Torch) is going to play Captain America in his movie? Red Skull's choice seems very good, but Chris Evans? That guy brings arrogence to every role I see him in. I haven't seen anything that convinces me that he could be Cap. I would have prefered Jim from the Office. I really would have. Someone try to calm me down and prove me wrong. Becasue I really can't see it.

Semper Catholic

Really? Jim from the Office is supposed to save us from Nazi's? Sorry but Nazi's aren't afraid of cute smirks. They aren't teenage girls, it has no effect on them.

Chris Evans was great in Sunshine and has experience playing the superhero role, has the body and the looks, and is a good enough actor to pull it off.

Pontifite 7 of 10

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='12 May 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1273707277' post='2109625']
has the body and the looks[/quote]
I must say, I'll have to rent Sunshine now, but his look... He has a look. But he doesn't have the right look for him. When you think of him you think "Arrogent cocky hero" not "oldtime symbol of of oldtime america". [quote name='Winchester' date='12 May 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1273707568' post='2109629']
I'll do it.
[/quote]
I'd appreciae that.

Lounge Daddy

All I wanna know is ... what is that bouncing toast avatar from? It makes me smile, and I cannot stop watching it. :)

Pontifite 7 of 10

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='12 May 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1273714112' post='2109663']
All I wanna know is ... what is that bouncing toast avatar from? It makes me smile, and I cannot stop watching it. :)
[/quote]
Well...type in yeah toast into youtube.
I think theres a video there. With a song and everything.

Ephrem Augustine

My brother and I dislike the choice as well.
disappointment number 1 for avengers. I guess we can expect no captain america/avengers and fantastic four cross over.

rhetoricfemme

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='12 May 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1273707277' post='2109625']
Really? Jim from the Office is supposed to save us from Nazi's? Sorry but Nazi's aren't afraid of cute smirks. They aren't teenage girls, it has no effect on them.

Chris Evans was great in Sunshine and has experience playing the superhero role, has the body and the looks, and is a good enough actor to pull it off.
[/quote]
He was great in Sunshine! His character was quite respectable in that he could put aside his dislike for Cappa and make the right choices.

And I must say that I am completely thrilled that someone else saw Sunshine!!!!!!!

Maximilianus

Frankie Muniz should play Captain America.

Edited by Maximilianus

Semper Catholic

[quote name='rhetoricfemme' date='13 May 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1273774994' post='2110038']
He was great in Sunshine! His character was quite respectable in that he could put aside his dislike for Cappa and make the right choices.

And I must say that I am completely thrilled that someone else saw Sunshine!!!!!!!
[/quote]

One of the best Sci-Fi movies of the last decade for sure.

rhetoricfemme

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='13 May 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1273796129' post='2110183']
One of the best Sci-Fi movies of the last decade for sure.
[/quote]
Seriously? I now love you. If I still had a +1, it'd be yours!

I actually read somewhere that the science community was very excited about this movie, because when all is put into perspective, it's kind of feasible. And they were especially excited about Cillian Murphy playing the physicist because they kind of felt that he could do for physics what Harrison Ford did for archeology.

• 5 months later...

I agree. I only hope that he'll do well in the film so we can overlook his unsuitability for the role (like Matthew Goode as Adrian Viedt in Watchmen.) What about the horror that is Edward Norton not being Bruce Banner in the Avengers?????? D: D:

I really wanted to see RDJ as Tony Stark act with Norton as Banner! And Tyler was a sweet, kind Betty; her father was also well-cast. I want to get over Norton being out, but am still horrified by it.

At least Agent Coulson was in Iron Man 2, and was in the trailer for Thor. I can't wait to see him in the new movies. I hope Nick Fury also has nice role! SHIELD as shown at the base/office at the end of Iron Man 2 was well done imho, and Jackson did well.

[quote name='rhetoricfemme' timestamp='1273774994' post='2110038']

[/quote]
Sunshine was fantastic.

[quote name='kljoyce' timestamp='1287181042' post='2179864']
... Watchmen...
[/quote]
Glowing naked blue dude. Life has lost all meaning.

KnightofChrist

This is almost as dissapointing when then they cast the twig boy from that's 70's show to play Eddie Brock. !@@!

Eddie Brock was never a twig boy, nor is Captain America. Shameful.