An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discernment Is Ultimately Good :)

Mary Veronica

[quote name='JoyfulLife' date='05 July 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1278369567' post='2138114']

Please pray for me. It's a difficult situation for me having sort of an impediment.
[/quote]

Prayers.

Mary Veronica

[quote name='Geras16' date='06 July 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1278423175' post='2138388']
Let us fight for those whose power lies in prayer. For the enemy seeks to weaken them with lies and things of the world. I offer my weapon of patience and devotion to 7 Joys of My Lady.
[/quote]

*determined* I give my hope amid trials and devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus!

[quote name='Geras16' date='06 July 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1278423175' post='2138388']
Let us fight for those whose power lies in prayer. For the enemy seeks to weaken them with lies and things of the world. I offer my weapon of patience and devotion to 7 Joys of My Lady.
[/quote]
Hmmm, might this be a reference to the Franciscan Crown?

teresitacarmel

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='18 June 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1276906359' post='2131132']
Has anyone watched any movies by Ignatius press or other saintly movies lately? If so, let us know of any recommendations, and share what particular scene or concepts in the film that struck you.

I just watched "In this House of Brede." I liked how it encourages overcoming favoritism joyfully with Christ within a community. And how loving others can actually strengthen your love for a particular friendship. there was this one scene when the novice, who was so attached to one of the professed and had suffered much jealous affection, gave a silent smile of reassurance that she has been striving to love all her other sisters like she promised. "If I can love [those unlovable], I can love anyone."

[/quote]

Well, I haven't watched "In this House of Brede" per se, but I have the book, and it's pretty amazing :) As for movies by Ignatius Press, I do love a lot of them!!! I love "Clare and Francis," "Bernadette," "Passion of Bernadette," "Saint Therese of the Child Jesus: An echo of the heart of God," "St Teresa of Avila," "St Teresa of the Andes.".....and if I can get my hands on more of them, I'm sure I'd love them too!!!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='JTheresa' date='06 July 2010 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1278433348' post='2138465']
[/quote]

I love the Franciscan Crown. :love:

[quote name='JTheresa' date='06 July 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1278433348' post='2138465']
[/quote]

Yes dear sister.

Mary Veronica

[quote name='teresitacarmel' date='06 July 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1278444863' post='2138546']
Well, I haven't watched "In this House of Brede" per se, but I have the book, and it's pretty amazing :) As for movies by Ignatius Press, I do love a lot of them!!! I love "Clare and Francis," "Bernadette," "Passion of Bernadette," "Saint Therese of the Child Jesus: An echo of the heart of God," "St Teresa of Avila," "St Teresa of the Andes.".....and if I can get my hands on more of them, I'm sure I'd love them too!!!
[/quote]

In the Passion of Bernadette, is sydney penny's voice different or dubbed in? (i tried getting a glimpse of it in Youtube) cuz I like her original voice, it would be so distracting to hear it differently....

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='18 June 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1276906359' post='2131132']
Has anyone watched any movies by Ignatius press or other saintly movies lately? If so, let us know of any recommendations, and share what particular scene or concepts in the film that struck you.

I just watched "In this House of Brede." I liked how it encourages overcoming favoritism joyfully with Christ within a community. And how loving others can actually strengthen your love for a particular friendship. there was this one scene when the novice, who was so attached to one of the professed and had suffered much jealous affection, gave a silent smile of reassurance that she has been striving to love all her other sisters like she promised. "If I can love [those unlovable], I can love anyone."
[/quote]

Oh!! I knew I had heard of "In this House of Brede" somewhere!!

One of my friends just sent me the novel and I've been reading it like crazy-- almost finished, even!! It's excellent.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='07 July 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1278519827' post='2138912']
In the Passion of Bernadette, is sydney penny's voice different or dubbed in? (i tried getting a glimpse of it in Youtube) cuz I like her original voice, it would be so distracting to hear it differently....
[/quote]

I do not believe her voice is dubbed. She is fluent in both French and English. :)

• 3 weeks later...

July 7 seems like ages ago, heh. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

sistersintigo

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='18 June 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1276906359' post='2131132']
[/quote]

Isn't there a recent VS thread about Ignatius Press having a sale??