An Old School Catholic Message Board

"leonie!" Film Movie Trailer

SrBenigna

truthfinder

[quote name='vee8' date='06 June 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1275863331' post='2124891']
Oh wow I didn't know that either and this is my first time to see that pic as well. Am I missing something and Therese isn't in it or she is and I just don't recognize her?
[/quote]

No, Therese had died by this time. Someone will know for sure, but they were allowed to meet again either on the date of her canonization or during the canonical procedure leading up to her canonization. Either way, a very cool picture.

Tridenteen

JMJ
I would like to say that if Leonie really did have eczema, she deserves a crown in heaven. I have had severe eczema for 14 years, and it is like, well, I call the Purgatgory Express. Oh, and if she was stuck wearing wool, well, I want a holy card!

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='truthfinder' date='06 June 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1275864000' post='2124904']
No, Therese had died by this time. Someone will know for sure, but they were allowed to meet again either on the date of her canonization or during the canonical procedure leading up to her canonization. Either way, a very cool picture.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I read recently online that it was during the process of investigation before she was beatified. Can't find it again though.

:whistle: Any more info about the release of the movie? I want to see it!

Thomist-in-Training

I think per[i]haps[/i] Audrey Tautou could play a holy nun. Random person on IMDb said: [quote]Tatou has the most marvelous ability to instantly telegraph her feelings through economical but mesmerizing facial expressions.[/quote] I think she does and of course this is more important for nun movies where talking is less central. As it were. I've only seen 2 of her movies (well, actually Amelie, and then I am in the middle of watching 'Coco before Chanel') but both of those characters are chaste-up-to-a-point (as opposed to not chaste atall) and have a certain reserve and mystery (OK, I deserve to be made fun of for that expression, but I can't think of how else to put it). She's not Hollywood--she's been in quite a number of things but all French-made, AFAIK--but she isn't an unknown either, so I don't know if she counts under the terms of the actress quest. :saint: