An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1324101304' post='2352663']
Why cant God just flat out and tell me what is my vocation?
[/quote]

Because you have FREE WILL!

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1324154326' post='2352874']
the other day, i was at a Protistant group and they kept on making fun of nuns, so I said "my sister's a nun." there was intense silence... :lol4:

it was amesome!
[/quote]

It's Protestant.. Why were you hanging with Protestants?? :P

I bet it was priceless!!!! So what happened after the intense slience?

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1324154326' post='2352874']
the other day, i was at a Protistant group and they kept on making fun of nuns, so I said "my sister's a nun." there was intense silence... :lol4:

it was amesome!
[/quote]

I've noticed you often cause intense silence :|

Jk... that must have been avvesome..... :)

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1324175100' post='2353002']
It's Protestant.. Why were you hanging with Protestants?? :P

I bet it was priceless!!!! So what happened after the intense slience?
[/quote]
someone changed the subject :)

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1324240465' post='2353356']
someone changed the subject :)
[/quote]

She always does that. :|

:P

:)

FutureSister2009

I've been thinking and realizing how much I'm not certain of what my Vocation is. I thought I was so sure of myself but I can see that I'm really not. I'm leaving the possibility of dating and married life on the table. But I also want to continue to visit communities and whatnot too. Although I've never really been on a date, if a guy actually wanted to date me, I would want to take advantage of it because that would be a miracle. I want to apologize for always acting like I was so sure of myself when I really wasn't. I may be FutureSister but who knows if that's true?

FS- It's ok- you have nothing to apologize for! Time and experiences change all of us. It's always beautiful when that change is for the better, towards wisdom, maturity, and grace/acceptance. It's been a blessing for us to walk (in a little way) with you through this, and we'll keep being here! Individually we may leave with entrances, new life experiences, etc. But that just means some of us will be praying for the VS phamily in a different way- with their children in married life or in a convent, perhaps?

Time and experience - and God - can change things. I was certain I was called to religious life, so certain that I almost entered 3 times. But I acquiesed to my parents wishes each time and continued on with university and medical school. It was during my residency that I met my husband and it's been nothing (okay, there's been some hard times as well) but blessings and graces throughout the years (40 this spring). Children, grandchildren, a career change - whew! It's been a wild 40 years :dance5:

I've been involved in different aspects of profession ministry for the past 25 or so years, so the "vocation itch" is still there, but it took a different form for me.

I continue to pray for and with all of you as you're either making your decisions or will make them in the future. And I pray also for those on the list who are not discerning, but supporting those who are.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1324101304' post='2352663']
Why cant God just flat out and tell me what is my vocation?
[/quote]

It is an adventure. I personally love the adventure. It is hard and frustrating, but I love it just the same... :)

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1324305678' post='2353686']
I've been thinking and realizing how much I'm not certain of what my Vocation is. I thought I was so sure of myself but I can see that I'm really not. I'm leaving the possibility of dating and married life on the table. But I also want to continue to visit communities and whatnot too. Although I've never really been on a date, if a guy actually wanted to date me, I would want to take advantage of it because that would be a miracle. I want to apologize for always acting like I was so sure of myself when I really wasn't. I may be FutureSister but who knows if that's true?
[/quote]
I have to say how refreshing this new outlook on life is that you are experiencing. I truly hope you find whatever it is that God has chosen for you and that you are just open to the invitation. This is the time in your life where you are free to experience the world. Every class, every person, every expience you have is going to make you into the person God wants you to be. And all of these experiences are going to rub off on to others you come into contact with. We are always evolving as God's children by interacting with one another. Just because some one may irritate you at one time is not necessarily a bad thing. We may need to be further molded before we are ready for that particular experience.

You have made a lot of growth this past semester!

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1324673728' post='2356507']
Just want to say 19 days and a wake up till my retreat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I'm so happy for you! :yahoo:

[/quote]

Same number of days until my meeting with the Carmelite Prioress!

[/quote]

:bounce:
[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1324683259' post='2356557']
Same number of days until my meeting with the Carmelite Prioress!
[/quote]

:clapping: